Author Topic: Game SXF imbalance  (Read 4737 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Game SXF imbalance
« on: 09 February 2019, 20:32:24 »
Okay, this isn't caused by the game I don't think, but does only happen with TQ.

I installed new speakers a while back and now I find that the sound in the game is very unbalanced. :( They're a pair of Logitech Z130s.  Some sounds I can barely hear while something like Thunder Strike is nearly shooting me out of my seat it's so loud.  I can't find anything ingame or in Windows Settings that would allow me to do more than a general SFX volume control.  Did a quick look in the programmes and can't find anything specific for Logitech so can't adjust that way.  Anyone got any bright ideas for how to get the balance better than it is atm?  Tried both my Steam and GOG versions of the game and it's the same in both so a technical problem rather than a difference between the versions.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Game SXF imbalance
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2019, 23:05:25 »
https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D53100006MDcBUCA1/power-for-z130s
Check PDF file.
I wanted to get Logitech headset not long ago, but after reading on logitech forum problems about their products I decided to move to another very cheap but with good quality for my needs.
I was told that Genius 2.0 speakers are the best, easy to repair and about 20-50e. Using one for about 5 years, had to repair power supply and they are working same like in time when I got them.
Spoiler for Genius sp-hf800b:
My advise is if possible return speakers and use Genius 2.0
« Last Edit: 09 February 2019, 23:18:12 by efko »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2019, 23:09:09 »
Have you try the ingame options? If I am not mistaken you can chose your sound configuration and if it is wrong set it can cause problem. Or simpler, i mean no offense, are you sure you have put the jack in the right plug? In the past a sound card (many years ago) had just one plug but today even the embedded one have 6 and if you choose the one for a 5.1 or 7.1 you can't hear the sound right. My father has the same amplifier for is pc and they work flawless.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2019, 09:34:59 »
Yeah, I've tried the 5.1 speakers setting as well as the default stereo one with no change.  Haven't tried the 4 speaker setting, but I can't see that would change things, still you never know.  I assume it's in the right socket since TQAE is the only game that's affected.  Everything else sounds fine.  Win10 setting is for the Realtek Speaker/Headphones

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2019, 22:30:55 »
if you have already all of the above solution maybe its a driver problem.  i can't think of other cause for this. Maybe try update the audio driver or remove them completely and tray with the windows defult one.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal