Author Topic: Topics/posts rating system  (Read 5295 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Topics/posts rating system
« on: 02 February 2019, 21:52:55 »
Few hours ago I managed to make ratings to "work", which is still questionable and should be tested. For more info about it check plugin info https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2234
It can be used in different ways, can be at top of the post instead of being at bottom, but this way we can clearly see difference between post and signature of user if user have it.
Ratings is here for your entertainment and will be on forum few days/weeks depends on your reviews, so please test it and share your opinion about it here. And please don't go straight with hate on this, for most of people that is a problem because it effect daily routine. Maybe some users with lower post count can't see or use it, so post that as well in case if someone notice that ratings are missing.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Topics/posts rating system
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2019, 22:16:30 »
« Last Rated on: 03 February 2019, 00:11:16 »
What im afraid , is a new user join  or users with  less than 10 post starts to spam bad ranking into the posts along the foruns.

Rating post can give motivation to people, especially for those who make guides and modding.

Lets give a try :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Rated 2 times
Great

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2019, 22:41:43 »
« Last Rated on: 04 February 2019, 06:16:22 »
may i ask that you make it a little bit smaller? I for one would probably never use it so it would be better for me if it's not too "in the way"
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2019, 00:23:25 »
TBH, this rating system is not my cup of tea. Many forums have a "Thanks" button, I think its better for motivating posters.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2019, 02:29:52 »
Not hating the idea, but I fail to see what it does more than the Karma system.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2019, 11:43:40 »
I am not in support of ratings posts. Let's people make their own opinion, no ?
The same with karma, we are not hotels or restaurants. The possibility to give a negative point on a real personn, and keep a trace of it, is ...scary.
In some forums, titles are given to members as a combination of their registration date to the forum and their number of posts. It's more fun and without intrusion into the personal sphere  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2019, 19:50:03 »
I am not in support of ratings posts. Let's people make their own opinion, no ?
yeah.. if i like a post, i have no problem saying it.. and if i disagree with it, i also have no problem saying it and backing it with my own data.. I'm not hiding behind ratings
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2019, 06:31:47 »
Did some changes around it.
Except Thanks button there is as well Like button like one on facebook https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3708
I always wanted ratings with + and - on forums related with posts, so if something is good and useful it will get best result, if useless , spam or similar others can give bad score to that post. Karma is default and it does job, but 90% of members hardly noticing small buttons to add + or -.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2019, 06:57:38 »
Spam should be reported, not rated.  ;D  Honestly not sure about these sort of systems.  One of my other forums uses thanks and groans and while it works pretty well I sometimes wonder why a simple comment rates a thanks.  Plus we sometimes get serial groaners so that's a negative for the system there.  On the other hand the GD forum doesn't have any sort of rating system (deliberate decision by big M) and sometimes I miss not being able to give a useful post thanks or rating.  :-\  The old TQ forum never had it so can't say I missed it there. 

Guess we'll just have to see how well it works here.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal