Author Topic: recently came back i have a couple of question  (Read 4419 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
recently came back i have a couple of question
« on: 31 January 2019, 03:04:46 »
i used to play titan quest and the old immortal throne on steam ,ever since the online servers got shutdown i stopped playing and i wanted to play again so i was about to install titanquest immortal throne again and i noticed that they released a remastered version.

so here is my question

1.is the original playable online again
2.what is the difference between the original or immortal throne
3.i still have my old characters save can i play them on the remastered version
4.can old mods  that were made for the original TQ work on the remastered version
5.is there any guide with all the best possible classe build

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: recently came back i have a couple of question
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2019, 17:32:07 »
Hello and welcome to the forum   ^-^

Since I'm playing Immortal Throne disk version, I can say what I know but you will get better answers from more experienced members on this forum, I never tried remastered TQ.

1.is the original playable online again
I guess its about IT, with proper tool you should be able to play with your friends if they have the same game. I never tried, but someone will answer on this.
2.what is the difference between the original or immortal throne
Not sure what you consider as "original", if its about 1st Titan Quest original game and expansion Immortal Throne, you have much more in Immortal Throne, artifacts are and gaming experience is much better and longer in IT.
If "original" in this case is considered as remastered game Titan Quest Anniversary Edition, then its improved game, fixed some bugs, better graphics, more balance, not qualified to say more about it. But soon after Anniversary Edition was released, we got expansion Ragnarok, so Hades is not last one to kill anymore, you have act 5 and Norse mythology.
3.i still have my old characters save can i play them on the remastered version
No, pretty sure you can't.
4.can old mods  that were made for the original TQ work on the remastered version
No, you have separated mods for IT and for AE, search around the forum, see more posts, also you can search here as well https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/
5.is there any guide with all the best possible classe build
You can find a lot of guides around on forum, now depends what you are searching for, so look around the forum.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 31 January 2019, 18:41:30 »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

1. Maybe using LAN?  Don't multiplay so not sure whether it's possible or not.

2.  If you mean between the disc version and AE, not much.  AE made TQ and IT into one continuous game and also added most, if not all, of the community bugfixes.  They've also added some new heroes to fight, new items (you now have throwing weapons).

3. Yes, you should be able to.  I've had no problems playing mine in AE.

4-5. As efko said there are some new mods for the AE version and we also have the old TQIT ones here or you can find them on kirmiziperfect.com as well.  Old and new guides too.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2019, 00:19:37 »
 8) thanks for the quick reply both of you i played the game last night , ae version , i saw they added a workshop which is alway nice .

Off topic / i have my old character save file , they work but the problem is that they are all having a texture bug since i was using the old allskin08 mod , and i can't find a workaround to fix the issue i tried deleting some file and keeping the same files in the folder as a newly created character to fix the problem ,but that didnt' seem to work.

Also i have some old guide saved from the old titan quest forum , are those still viable in the new ae version or did they change some skill?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2019, 01:29:17 »

Also i have some old guide saved from the old titan quest forum , are those still viable in the new ae version or did they change some skill?

1st of all welccome :)

2nd All the masteries got some changes from Ae version, broken strong builds from IT  dont work anymore and several skills got buffed.

But you are free to post old guides, there are still people playing IT version, and maybe it still is effective around AE :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01 February 2019, 06:00:47 »
Yes we lost some old guides and will be nice if you could post all what you have and we can help you with moving them to proper place in case if you miss right place   :P
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #6 on: 01 February 2019, 08:21:48 »
https://titanquestgame.com/pcchangelog/TQ_AnniversaryEdition_FullChangelog.txt if you used to know mechanics you should read it. Overall its 98 positive changes per 1 negative and 1 weird. Anniversary is a good feat, Ragnarok on the other hand...

1 - Nordic replaced nonfunctional MP with something thats supposed to work. Strange, but I never tested it.

2 - See the changelog.

3 - Yes, but they will gain a few levels and some skills might work different, see the changelog.

4 - No.

5 - most people here are not into meta, its a group of modders each into their own thing, so no. But maybe check this post https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=748.0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline renkotsu

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01 February 2019, 09:08:27 »
 8)thanks for the welcome everyones

The guide i have saved unfortunately are mostly just skill point placement and there is no text, to tell what to level first or which attribute point to put every levels,the only guide i have with a decent walkthrought is a assassin build, i don't know if it is still a good classe to make .

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal