Author Topic: [Tips & Tricks] A way to get immunity to 3 x Minotaur Lords in legendary  (Read 15822 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Legendary Typhon

Finally found another item for Titans in my vault (which is becoming progressively an Ali Baba cave): the seal of the vigilant.
With it, meteor showers from Typhon won't hurt. On the other hand, freedom is lost on other items since the shield requires 200 int.
This can be achieved with a celestial band and an eye of Horus which provide a lot of int and elemental resistances.

Dark justice of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Black cage of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Inexorable grip of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Unyielding shackles of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Tyrvidar's might: 25% less dmg from titans
Seal of the Vigilant:  20% less dmg from titans
Ritual cleaver: elemental resistances
Celestial band: 30 int, elemental resistances
Eye of Horus: 49 int, elemental resistances
Apples of Idun: 100% vitality damage resistance

This gives +40% dmg to titans and 80% less dmg from titans. Like epic Typhon, a scroll of unbroken fortitude is mandatory to gain immunity. The drawback of this setup is that the toon dps is rather low and it takes time to take down 3 Typhon. Therefore when the 1st one is out, it's careful to take a breath on stairs and wait for a 2nd scroll available to finish the 2 last Typhons.

Legendary Typhon:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
i thought the amulet was polydegmon which gives +80 int.. i used to do that for non-int chars.. but nowadays i just like to build everything hybrid stat style

lol this tartarus set.. a long long time ago i equipped my bonecharmer with this set, stationed her at the fountain near Typhon, and literally farmed Typhon hundreds of times.. got lots of items that way but now i just like to cheese everything

hey good luck to that char.. 2 more acts
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
lol this tartarus set.. a long long time ago i equipped my bonecharmer with this set, stationed her at the fountain near Typhon, and literally farmed Typhon hundreds of times.. got lots of items that way but now i just like to cheese everything
Sure, some of these items can help for farming a specific boss, like the Tartarus set. But i wouldn't take the whole setup shown here because it often implies a low dps. In farming runs, damage received from the boss is not important as long as the toon survives, escaping the main attacks. Therefore it's more for curiosity or for hardcore challenge.

Legendary Hades
This time, I didn't find a setup that ensures immunity, but this one is close enough:

- Kael's Visage: 5% physical resistance, 48% vitality resistance
- Weigthless Dvergr cuirass of the mammoth socketed with Golden fleece: 20% health
- Veteran's Dvergr armbands of power socketed with Iron will of Ajax:  15% physical resistance, 6% health, 39% stun resistance
- Hervor's fine steel: 17% physical resistance, 68% vitality resistance
- 2 rings of Gladiator's creed: 20% physical resistance, 17% health
- Torc of the ancestors of the wilds: 12% physical resistance, 68% vitality resistance, 8% health, 38% stun resistance
- Ritual Cleaver: 35% vitality resistance
- Sapros: 50 Reduced resistances for 3s, -22% health
- Effigy of the panther: 15% physical resistance

This gives 80% physical and vitality dmg resistances, 77% stun resistance and +29% health . Like Typhon, a scroll of unbroken fortitude is mandatory to gain obtain almost immunity. The remaining freedom in the gear setup was used to shorten the fight the most possible since there is literally 6 bosses: 3 x 2 hades forms and only a 90s scroll duration. But it wasn't possible and no stairs to take a breath. It's the reason why Sapros is used and also a cuirass of the mammoth to compensate the sapros negative %health. The good news is immunity obtained for the 1s form, therefore the toon was standing in red orbs without sweeting, even if some (but low) damage was still incoming from the 2nd form of Hades. The bad news is the dps still too low and the scroll effect ended at mid fight. Damage from one Hades (2nd form) was still sustainable but not for 3 of them. Therefore i had to run somewhat and finished them with some red pots.

a small part of the encounter within the scroll protection:
Spoiler for Hiden:

A pic of the 2nd half without the scroll protection:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Note that a immune setup is maybe possible with Figurehead of Naglfar instead of a ritual cleaver, but i don't have it.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 23:24:43 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
In farming runs, damage received from the boss is not important as long as the toon survives, escaping the main attacks. Therefore it's more for curiosity or for hardcore challenge.
isn't that the same (at least for melee chars)?  :)
escaping the main attacks and surviving?
and it's more like for farming purposes
the set is  perfect for Typhon because aside from survivability, what's important for farming is fast kill because you will do it over and over and over again.. and the set also provides huge %damage to Titans

a distant century ago i used to like farming

about Hades, i don't know if people already know this but for earth or storm casters, or rogue trappers, you can attack Hades, then close the gate immediately after.. that makes you hide behind the crystal gate.. after 1 Hades is killed, the crystal gate disappears but by that time 2 Hades should be heavily damaged already
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 23:55:03 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards

come to think of it.. this was the time that iirc i had 4 characters stationed at different farming spots, all legendary.. i think 3 characters were mine and the 4th was my nephew's prophet (i was the one playing this because he stopped playing TQ).. i think i had 1 for Typhon, 1 for Hades, 1 for Hydra, and 1 secret passage.. all doing a hundred runs or so each and getting some deaths on the process.. this was pre-ragnarok though so i wasn't able to get those stupid OP ragnarok items.. i had to do this because i didn't have my files from TQIT

me just reminiscing :)
« Last Edit: 23 January 2019, 04:36:07 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
the set is  perfect for Typhon because aside from survivability, what's important for farming is fast kill because you will do it over and over and over again.. and the set also provides huge %damage to Titans
Actually we are saying the same thing  ;D, but i was speaking of the whole Typhon setup shown here, and you of the Tartarus set.
Killing speed is the way to go for farming runs and thats is provided by the Tartarus set. On the other hand, immunity to Typhon implies other items that lower the dps so it's only good for hardcore challenge.

i've seen your thread about farming runs and i am collecting patiently data from my own runs. I will keep (almost) your format so that stats can be compared.
Those runs are made with my diviner from time to time, a short farming run in which silly things are allowed is relaxing after a leveling session  ;)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal