Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 133485 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #330 on: 21 January 2019, 14:02:03 »
Some Notes:

Shadow Dragon boss found in Temple of Marduk is lv 53 while i was lv 34 , i could defeat him tho, but not sure if his lv is correct.

Babylonian armor ( upper, blue item) just have 6% fire resistance as pet bonus is that correct ?

I found Hu-Fay the unclean zombie hero, in the waterfall cave , when i killed it , dropped act 2 relics

-Guardian Stones summoned by High Shaman Snuuk, Neanderthal Hero, dont have any colour, they have a very light bland grey

-dragonian~ravager dont have a yellow champion name

- the winter wolf boss dont have a good chase/agreesive radius, as you can see my blade traps are hitting the boss without any fight back

-Found two spots where only 1 frozen skelleton appear ( was champion mage), in ice cavern

Ragnarok ( sword) from ninja bandits is grey out, or its a alternative weapon to complete the set ?

Clay soldiers quest give no reward, but in the quest info it said it gave me 2x attribute points

edited: theres a missing bonepile spawns in act3, as i hear the trigger and nothing appear

No bugs notes
-I LOLed when i killed the thief boss related with general treasure quest, nice touch ahah

-Will Gojira ( stalker in the forest boss) have in the future sounds effects?
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 14:56:35 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: 21 January 2019, 18:25:22 »
Greetings!I have some things to report.....

The new tomb in Tegea Graveyard is not marked on the map,although the exit is from the inside:
https://pasteboard.co/HXv0wrA.jpg

This npc in Tegea is floating in the air:
https://pasteboard.co/HXv1GbA.jpg

This is not a bug report,though I was wandering if there is any way we could have those cannon as items.Those were on some pirates(and dverg only in vannila).Probably a dumb,Im not a modder,just asking:https://pasteboard.co/HXv28du.jpg

When I tried to exit the catacombs in Old Elusius,the game stopped for a second and then straight up crash!There is no image of this,because.....well,it was a crash.
I didnt played much today.It wasnt really a great day for me.I am currently in Kerata Forest at level 13.I think Im going to skip the Prince Brothers in Old Elusius for now,until I get more powerful.Even in previous versions,my LOC strategy was to skip very powerful enemies and come back later.Since you are the developer,what do you say?Is skiping certain enemies normal or am I doing something wrong?When I was playing the old version I didnt felt like I did something wrong,though to be fair,that version wasnt as buffed as this one and it was less detailed.I whould like to have your thoughts on this.

PS:The Xl mod "will be a fine additon to my collection".
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 20:55:06 by mvlad954 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: 21 January 2019, 20:39:12 »
I happly try answer your questions

This is not a bug report,though I was wandering if there is any we could those cannon as items.Those were on some pirates(and dverg only in vannila).

Im afraid that might not be possible duo of the current limitation with the model of character animation, same answer as using 2nd weapons

When I tried to exit the catacombs in Old Elusius,the game stopped for a second and then straight up crash!There is no image of this,because.....well,it was a crash.

I will re-run that area later tonight, but i think it might be some random crash, i will let you know
edited: i went that area, i enter and exit the dungeon it played well, you just faced some random crash.

I think Im going to skip the Prince Brothers in Old Elusius for now,until I get more powerful.Even in previous versions,my LOC strategy was to skip very powerful enemies and come back later.Since you are the developer,what do you say?Is skiping certain enemies normal or am I doing something wrong?When I was playing the old version I didnt felt like I did something wrong,though to be fair,that version wasnt as buffed as this one and it was less detailed.I whould like to have your thoughts on this.

As far from the Princes , they are not that deadly, except the ice magican Prince, you shouldnt have any problems to take then down.

Bumble said it some posts ago, ITS  no shame turning back and face some bosses later, you still are in early act1, but as long you go deeper into the game you will face more dangerous bosses that will be hard on 1st time, no need to worries since all of then are placed on side areas, away from main quest. Unless you like playing your character beyond their limits, like myself :P

You are not doing anythig wrong, if you cant defeat then, come back later with full arsenal :)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 20:52:21 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #333 on: 21 January 2019, 21:19:59 »
I am the Twinkmaster! :D

My first character just farms pet rings and amulets so my next characters can get decked out with pet bling at level 3.

I think equipment, especially pet and any +skills are the secret to greasing your wheels in this mod.

EDIT: Also remember you can't buy any pet rings or ammys until act 5. You have to find them. Or get them from your shared stash like me :D

Untwinked is a real slog at first. Skip what you want in early act 1, soon you will be railroading through bosses.

EDIT: And just so you all don't feel bad/frustrated, I was just killed by a poison gas trap in epic Egypt. :)

I posted a video of my Elementalist in the game videos thread. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=126.0
Take a look at the equipment and you will see why I just steamroller over everything. (I forgot to show my Eye of Flame another character put in the shared stash...+2 to Earth Mastery? Yes, please.)

EDIT: I just started modifying the petgamebalanceattributes.dbr. This won't affect Normal difficulty, but I removed all the pet resistances for epic and legendary.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 21:34:44 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: 22 January 2019, 15:16:08 »
I am the Twinkmaster! :D

My first character just farms pet rings and amulets so my next characters can get decked out with pet bling at level 3.

I think equipment, especially pet and any +skills are the secret to greasing your wheels in this mod.

EDIT: Also remember you can't buy any pet rings or ammys until act 5. You have to find them. Or get them from your shared stash like me :D

Untwinked is a real slog at first. Skip what you want in early act 1, soon you will be railroading through bosses.

EDIT: And just so you all don't feel bad/frustrated, I was just killed by a poison gas trap in epic Egypt. :)

I posted a video of my Elementalist in the game videos thread. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=126.0
Take a look at the equipment and you will see why I just steamroller over everything. (I forgot to show my Eye of Flame another character put in the shared stash...+2 to Earth Mastery? Yes, please.)

EDIT: I just started modifying the petgamebalanceattributes.dbr. This won't affect Normal difficulty, but I removed all the pet resistances for epic and legendary.
Thanks for sharing some tips.Im not frustrated,its just that some bosses are too hard for my character at the moment.Im gonna keep an eye out for those rings.

Bumble said it some posts ago, ITS  no shame turning back and face some bosses later, you still are in early act1, but as long you go deeper into the game you will face more dangerous bosses that will be hard on 1st time, no need to worries since all of then are placed on side areas, away from main quest. Unless you like playing your character beyond their limits, like myself :P

You are not doing anythig wrong, if you cant defeat then, come back later with full arsenal :)

Also thanks sauruz.I know there are a lot of side bosses and like you,I like playing my character beyond their limits(or you know,at their maximum potential).I only get frustrated when I mess up a build completly,wich now isnt the case.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: 22 January 2019, 15:28:33 »
I forgot to show my Eye of Flame another character put in the shared stash...+2 to Earth Mastery? Yes, please.

Yeah, twinking +Skills gear is the best tactic in LoC. Your character will die alot when you first start, but after you find some skills gear... its a different story :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: 22 January 2019, 21:31:00 »
Do you beleive i have a shared stash full of nice weapons/equips and i never used then ? i just have more joy playing with everything the game gives to me , except champions hearts our titanic essence  O:-)

btw: while i was  going into  the Marid boss in that cave around Forest of ancients, some earth sprite our marid dropped a "Stone chip" charm.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: 22 January 2019, 21:37:54 »
Earth Sprite dropped a Stone Chip. Yep.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +10
« Reply #338 on: 23 January 2019, 04:13:54 »
Just letting you know of a bug my wife found while playing last night. She killed the Pirate champion before Megara and portalled back to Sparta to sell some stuff. When she went to portal back to the marker, the orange/red portal icon was not showing up on the list of locations. She was in that new little area you  created if that makes any difference. She ended up running the entire way back as she had left a blue item on the ground and didn't want to lose it.

We weren't able to replicate this however, so this is just an FYI in case someone else comes across the same bug.

Additionally, I'd like to see a miniboss at the top of the Hanging Gardens exterior. It is one of my favourite locations (pretty visuals) but there isn't much to actually to there except go to the temple of Marduk. That area at the top outside the entrance of the temple looks perfect for a boss battle :) maybe a giant mantis or quillvine or something similar.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +10
« Reply #339 on: 23 January 2019, 12:24:17 »
Couple of things found tonight:

Firstly, the Treant that you summon as a part of the Soothsayer specific torso armour just holds the 'T' pose and doesn't actually do anything.

Secondly, there is something funky happening with the mini-map in the Jingyang woods. Looks like the map isnt rendering the shadows from the trees in that area, but in a rectangular shape for some reason:

Cheers,
AK

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: 23 January 2019, 12:57:01 »
Among the ruins , before completing the quest , one of the rewards were 2x attribute points, but when i deliver it it just gave me a yellow amulet.

Secondly, there is something funky happening with the mini-map in the Jingyang woods. Looks like the map isnt rendering the shadows from the trees in that area, but in a rectangular shape for some reason:

Cheers,
AK

Its because BG added one side area in the game map, and tthas may the reason of that.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline fingolfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #341 on: 23 January 2019, 13:16:30 »
Hi,

Think I found a bug with  storm mastery: heart of frost skill   which should provide some protection from cold   However when I check the character sheet the skill resistance does not indicate any cold resistance bonus

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: 23 January 2019, 15:41:44 »
Hi,

Think I found a bug with  storm mastery: heart of frost skill   which should provide some protection from cold   However when I check the character sheet the skill resistance does not indicate any cold resistance bonus

you are looking at wrong resistance, it not giving cold resistance BUT freezing resistance, and its working i have at lv 4

in the other words freeze resistance helps you not getting frozen by ice theme monsters

« Last Edit: 23 January 2019, 15:45:03 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline fingolfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #343 on: 23 January 2019, 15:49:55 »
Lol

I wondered  why  I was freezing a lot !!!

ok glad it is working

My ice shard build is finished    died around 20 times   The trick  is to   keep the pets balance with other skills and use them as shields      Energy is the key  you just use so much    I did find frost moon  which helped with the shards

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: 23 January 2019, 17:58:28 »
The Pirate miniboss  area outside Megara needed to be added to a teleport "zone" in the map, fixed.

Ascocaphus summon had weapons equipped which the animation file doesn't support. Another "copy-n-paste" error. Fixed.

sauruz you have the worst luck, I got the attributes in Epirus first try. I can't explain why you didn't.

The minimap is built automatically from the map view when you build the map in the editor. I have no direct access to the process. Unless you want to take each completed mini map .tga file and touch them up in photoshop one by one and manually archive them into the finished map archives, then that's going to be the result.

EDIT: sauruz, the Epirus rescue quest is one of those quest files where there are two spearate conclusions: one where you got the quest from the guy by the rebirth fountain and the other when you ran by him. The conclusion where you ran by him and didn't talk to him gives you 2 attribute points but if you first get the quest you don't. Fixed.

That's as close as you get to an apology  :D

« Last Edit: 24 January 2019, 02:46:59 by Bumbleguppy »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal