Author Topic: Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG  (Read 136325 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [WIP] Shadow Champions (Mastery Mod) - WNG
« Reply #45 on: 18 January 2019, 16:22:32 »
Well, some stuff has been going on recently. Been working a lot on it and getting near the end of the mastery-design part, after wich I'll have to do the playtesting and fine-tuning.

With that said, there will probably no more news regarding the mod until the last 3 masteries have been finished. Mostly because the studies will kick in soon enough, also nobody seems to give a flying falafel about the mastery showcases, so I'll save the time doing these for something else, maybe further working on the mod itself.

In short, I'll see you again eventually. I say take care.
That is not true!I am intersted in the mod and I did follow progress,but without commenting or replying or anything like that.The masteries are pretty original,esspecially Aqua mastery,wich will probably be my first mastery,combined with either Necromancy or Time(though there are still 2 masteries to be revealed),because I always wanted to see how an aquamancer class(however you want to call it)plays in an arpg(quite ironic,since I cant swim).Not sure if it will be my favorite mastery though.I rather Necromancy(I always liked those kind of classes).Anyway,if you want to post some updates go ahead.If you want to save time and finish the masteries,again,go ahead.I follow progress regularly(though I check on the forums daily).
About the masteries,will Barbarism be similar to Chaos or one will be tanky while the other one will be more berserk?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: 18 January 2019, 18:23:51 »
Thats isnt 100% truth, most of time people check the work in progress in quiet, prefering waiting when the mod hits on testing phase.
I think many players underestimate their own influence on the modding process. Trust me, a modder can get alot of fuel from simple comments or any kind of feedback. Talking from experience.
WNG, just keep going. I told you what I think about the rest.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2019, 18:25:35 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 18 January 2019, 18:47:59 »
Thats isnt 100% truth, most of time people check the work in progress in quiet, prefering waiting when the mod hits on testing phase.
I think many players underestimate their own influence on the modding process. Trust me, a modder can get alot of fuel from simple comments or any kind of feedback. Talking from experience.

I have not thought of it that way,not until now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 18 January 2019, 21:45:13 »
Trust me, a modder can get alot of fuel from simple comments or any kind of feedback

^Indeed this is true, can confirm.

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #49 on: 19 January 2019, 01:04:19 »
Even if I play Immortal Throne version, I follow your progress, probably can't try it, and it will be like that for some time, but observing it and sharing my point of view about every mastery. Its normal part to be demotivated during working for months on some project, but excluding others to participate in your masterpiece is only making a barier between you, your work and everyone who is following your progress.  :)
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #50 on: 21 January 2019, 04:44:46 »
No one cared about my mod for literally years.

sauruz found it at about 3 or 4 years into development I think. So your biggest fans probably haven't even picked up the game yet. :)

So many people that chimed in on the forums that had ideas I used have been gone for 5 or 6 years. I miss them. It was good to see mountainblade again, though :D

The guy that did Paths mod? He was my "student" in game modding this game because all the truly smart people had moved on like Munderbunny and ASYLUM101.

Good times.

Keep at it WNG, we can have it good or we can have it fast. Not both :D

Besides, what will you do once you are done? Make it last, it's good times.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline treborx555

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 16 February 2019, 10:16:45 »
As a cold mage enthusiast, i'm eagerly awaiting the water mastery!

Made acc just now

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #52 on: 16 February 2019, 13:57:25 »
Welcome to the forum  ^-^
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #53 on: 16 February 2019, 21:23:10 »
Sorry for being fed up earlier. An update regarding the mod is long overdue. Also, many thanks @treborx555! I have a playtester trying it right now (though as a melee character) and she's liking it a lot. ^^

So since last time, I've been working on the Time mastery. It is nearly done, I only need to finish its pet skill before posting its preview on this board.

Recently, I've been mostly working on including new items and affixes. In total, there is 117 prefix files and 125 suffix files. Also, every mastery will have a unique suffix that drops on jewelry, that includes a bonus fitting the mastery and bonus point(s) to a random skill in the mastery. That makes 20 affixes per mastery, and this for all 3 difficulties, and for all 10 masteries. In total, it's another 600 more suffix files.

Also, I am working on adding loads of new items. I want to make all damage types viable on all types of weapons and on all stages of the game, more leveling items, obnoxious items, in short, I want a huge variety of items. Take a look at this.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Those items are currently available, but I intend to add a lot more. Anyways, I'll post back when Time mastery is finished.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 17 February 2019, 12:59:41 »
Thats alot of new stuff added. New items looks nice, keep up bro! I'd never have the patience to make 600 skill affixes...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 19 February 2019, 01:07:06 »
Thanks for the kind words. I will keep it up, for sure  :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 24 February 2019, 04:41:39 »
Time Mastery has been completed. It took much longer than it should have, because I'm growing more and more busy as the time goes. This means it will take a while before I make any major progress on this mod, if any.

Sure thing is it will be released at some point, since it got too far into production to be cancelled. Can't really estimate when it could be released.

Next mastery to the list is Science mastery. This will be a mastery that will benefit mages and users of Lightning and Poison damage.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 19 March 2019, 12:37:15 »
Small update.

Nothing concrete to share for now, other than Science mastery is halfway done, and that Chaos/Lifegiving have received valuable playtest time, which means they are getting close to their final version, as in they will be released this way but may receive fixes if needed.

Also, a bit of new items and heroes have been added. I think of adding a third secret passage.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 19 March 2019, 15:58:16 »
great news :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 26 March 2019, 01:34:43 »
Small update.

Began to work on the first Monster Legendaries. I came to the conclusion that I won't make one for every monster, and monsters will only have one each, except if I make a set. So far, only Gigantes and Arachnos will have a set. No need to mention that those items will be super rare, and that one that cares for its sanity should NOT attempt to farm them. They only drop in Legendary difficulty too. Look at the first ones I made below. **Requirements are not 100% accurate on the screenshots.**

Tigerman (Tiger King's Honor Guard)

Spoiler for Hiden:

Fjord Ichthian (God Freezer)

Spoiler for Hiden:

Gorgon (Petrified Cuffs)

Spoiler for Hiden:

Dragonian (Darkwyrm Harness)

Spoiler for Hiden:

Regarding the masteries, I halted the skill creation and kept on making new items, hero monsters and doing extended playtesting. It is much less tiring to do and easier to consolidate with my college schedule.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal