Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Modifications

Finding the sweet spot between vanilla and Xmax

(1/2) > >>

nargil66:
I played Xmax today, and damn... monsters are just too much to be fun. Playing vanilla... the areas seem empty. Where is the sweet spot? x2? x3? The golden ratio? :D No, I'm serious, there must be some value that increases spawn and the game still look natural. If you played a mod you think is well balanced, share your experience.

Medea Fleecestealer:
Ha, if you think full Xmax is bad you should try Achilles or Typhoon mods.  They're even worse, but they're not balanced at all.

Can't really help with your question.  I played x2 Xmax a bit with one character, haven't tried x3 or x4 at all.

botebote77:
i play x3 mainly because of 2 reasons:

1) in full xmax, most of the time mobs feel more of a grind than a challenge.. there is no fun fighting tons of satyrs.. this changes in later parts of the game but i don't really like spending too much time fighting ordinary mobs

2) i want to fight 3 bosses but i don't want to get overleveled.. i tried x2, x3 and full.. x3 feels just right for me.. i usually finish act 5 legendary at around lvl 77

and yeah after playing xmax then going back to vanilla, lots of places feel empty.. i feel it even in x3.. the only time i go back to vanilla is when i complete quests that are bugged in xmax

sauruz:
xmax can lagged alot in some places, the usual x3 its fine by me

Diego982:
To me, x2 Xmax is ok. I like more mobs but not too much. In my view, x2 retains the vanilla and is a bit more of fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version