Author Topic: Liche King is dubious  (Read 9859 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Liche King is dubious
« on: 01 August 2018, 00:08:25 »
I've been trying to make this body do something useful in a non-summoner build and couldn't.

Since life reduction is now useless against bosses, so is the liche king, and he lacks the damage to be of any help against both bosses or trash mobs. Arcane blast makes no difference, it is approx 1,5 times stronger than main attack which is still too low in legendary. Best I could make him do is 1,5K-2,5K (normal attack - arcane blast) with the help of deathchill, unearthly power and the circle of power. But then my character in same conditions does 7K per ternion projectile and 3-4-5 shots bosses before liche reacts to their presence.

Spoiler for Hiden:

His attacks  do not convey pet damage from gear, thus he is only made stronger with % buffs like circle of power or nightmare's mastermind, which is still not much.

He can be used as decoy to distract bosses, but nightmare can do the same for 2 points.

This leaves him the role of the glorified debuff tool for 16 points which you can not control directly, slower than seal of fate.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2019, 11:00:41 by mammoth_hunter »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Liche King is dubious
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2018, 00:31:13 »
he is useful though just not worth all those points.. what the devs did was they gave us too many skill points to spend at end game.. in TQIT, it was like there are too many good skills but you don't have enough skill points to take them all.. now there is less thinking because you'll have enough skill points come end game.. I'm still divided on this whether i like it or not because i like micro management also

@ALL may i ask the community what they think about this?

edit: i mean all the added skill points but less micro management?

edit 2: I'm doing a rough calculation.. in TQIT around lvl 65 or 66 endgame was the norm.. now it's around lvl 75.. so that's about 10 lvls more.. +9 skill points in act 5, that's:

10 x 3 = 30
30 + 9 = 39 more skill points
« Last Edit: 01 August 2018, 00:52:49 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2018, 02:38:33 »
Yeah, too many active skills are difficult to control, thats why im a fan of passives. The other problem is quickslots get filled very fast and you are forced to put skills on the alt slot, which is really annoying. I wish there were 2 rows of quickslots or just a longer tab...

None of his attacks convey pet damage from gear, thus the only way to make him stronger is % buffs like circle of power or nightmare's mastermind, which is still not much.

Didn't knew that, I never play Spirit characters. One more reason to not do it :P
« Last Edit: 01 August 2018, 02:43:54 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2018, 05:03:23 »
None of his attacks convey pet damage from gear, thus the only way to make him stronger is % buffs like circle of power or nightmare's mastermind, which is still not much.

Didn't knew that, I never play Spirit characters. One more reason to not do it :P
i also don't know this.. but it could be true because just based on the animation, it doesn't look like the lich king is using his staff to attack.. it looks like he is using spells.. but in that case, the %damage should work.. it's weird though because i could swear it really feels like traps deal more damage when i equip 3 pet buff jewelries.. maybe because projectiles are considered weapons, not spells

regarding the more skill points issue, i think i did not say it clearly.. i mean if the skill helps my build, i would get it regardless if it's passive or not.. i mean for example:

i have 10 loose skill points.. i want to get skill A which costs 10 skill points.. but i also want skill B which also costs 10 skill points.. what do i do? do i choose skill A and just ignore skill B? or maybe choose skill B instead of A? perhaps 5pts each? or 7 in A and 3 in B?

i like to make choices like that.. but now, it's just max both skill A and skill B

edit: maybe a better way is upping the max mastery bar like in SV? was it 40 instead of 32?
« Last Edit: 01 August 2018, 05:20:34 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nimroth

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2018, 12:18:17 »
I think the new developers forgot about this issue. They gave us way too many skill points making desicions about what skills you wanna use useless.  By the end of epic you have everything you need and you're just investing into skills that dont suit your playstyle and are just 'meh idk what to do with these points'. Of course this doesn't apply on normal diff.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2018, 13:45:13 »
Thats some offtopic, but yes, masteries were not designed for this amount of skill points. Mostly. There are builds where you don't know what to take and then there are others that still don't have enough. Like when you are a summoner and want 3 different pets that cost 16-12-12 each. Pets cost absurd amount of points for their utility in general. Fully maxed liche is 52 points, fully maxed onslaught together with dual wield wps passives in warfare is 50 points.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2018, 13:53:33 »
I think the new developers forgot about this issue. They gave us way too many skill points making desicions about what skills you wanna use useless.  By the end of epic you have everything you need and you're just investing into skills that dont suit your playstyle and are just 'meh idk what to do with these points'. Of course this doesn't apply on normal diff.
yep this is what i meant.. i find planning through titancalc isn't necessary anymore because chances are you'll get your core skills anyway.. plus some loose points come legendary
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2018, 14:54:00 »
I always thought that they missed a chance for an "Ultimate" skill.  Something that only has a requirement for both sets of masteries.  Would have been a nice point dump as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal