General > General Discussion

The Turtles in Titan Quest (not the actual monsters)

(1/4) > >>

WNG:
Hi.

So during my mod-making moments I noticed how the developers love turtles a lot.

For example, in the texture file of Diogenes' Chiton (a legendary mage body armor), we can see they put in a symbol of a turtle on the medaillon.
https://imgur.com/a/hlpYlfK

In the texture file of Harpies, they fit in a small turtle similar to the Overlord! (though it never appears in game.)
https://imgur.com/a/xx08Kp0

Speaking of the Overlord, he's the key to a secret passage...

I'm very confident that there is lots of other apparitions of those turtles. I'm just wondering what is this turtle craze about.

nargil66:
This is probably the signature of the guy who made the textures.

Medea Fleecestealer:
It's a subset of the infamous squirrels in the game.  They also hide in all sorts of places in the game.  There's one in the Secret Passage for example and another near Nessus' area.  We had an hilarious thread going on the old forum about what came to be called Rally Squirrel and his many minions whom we were fighting against. Got quite silly at times.  ;D

WNG:

--- Quote from: nargil66 on 01 June 2018, 18:10:46 ---This is probably the signature of the guy who made the textures.

--- End quote ---

Much probably. And I guess this is why there is a turtle called Dave at the entrance of the Rhodes' passage.

--- Quote from: MedeaFleecestealer on 01 June 2018, 19:11:29 ---It's a subset of the infamous squirrels in the game.  They also hide in all sorts of places in the game.  There's one in the Secret Passage for example and another near Nessus' area.  We had an hilarious thread going on the old forum about what came to be called Rally Squirrel and his many minions whom we were fighting against. Got quite silly at times.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yeah, also found out some items in the editor that were squirrels. Funny stuff :D

Medea Fleecestealer:
One of the designers on the game was Dave Kondor.  The SP was a last minute addition snuck into the game by a few of the devs evidently.  It's been known for a while that the names of the monsters in the SP are most of Iron Lore's design team.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version