Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 269417 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Deities Mod - Early Development
« Reply #225 on: 04 April 2018, 16:01:15 »
...Supersonic turtle, ahaha! Why not? Will make it his ultimate summon, just for the lulz. About permanent pets - he is the father of Pan and has some other satyr offspring - maybe satyr thief/rogue? Apart from the hawks, ofcourse. I know there are already planned satyrs for Dionysos, but they can easily can the turned to Silenoi (satyr brutes/centaurs).

Actually the more I think about the tortoise, the more I think it shouldn’t be a familiar. It's shell being a symbol of protection, how about using it as a defensive skill just like Stone Form? This could be a panic button, when you trigger it, the character would turn into a turtle with a ghostly shade texture – if possible- and benefit from a +100% damage protection (temporary invincibility).

On the Skill Screen, the ability could be shaped as the Overlord, you know the Turtle-like item that opens Secret Passage, the Skill could be named: "Turtle Shell".

I just saw his sword is special too  , wtf, this guy if full of artefacts.

True that, the mythology around Hermes seems all-inclusive. He’ got a bit of everything, which makes him very interesting but also hard to design as a Mastery.

Second I agree with what botebote77 said: depending on the source you can find a different explanation for the same story.

Then I was wrong the Talaria, they are indeed "Winged Sandals" like you said, not a helmet.

Finally thank you kindly for being so patient with my ramblings, nargil66. I think I’ll let you work now. :)

« Last Edit: 04 April 2018, 16:05:55 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: 05 April 2018, 19:21:21 »
Looks good.Im guessing there will also be item sets for every path,right?

Probably, after the masteries are done. Can't wait for them to be finished, so i can do what i really like to do - adding new monsters and items.

You mean post #219 on your profile? That's little extreme. Better post a link of what is updated :P

I meant post 219 on this thread. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=38.msg3765#msg3765

Actually the more I think about the tortoise, the more I think it shouldn’t be a familiar. It's shell being a symbol of protection, how about using it as a defensive skill just like Stone Form? This could be a panic button, when you trigger it, the character would turn into a turtle with a ghostly shade texture – if possible- and benefit from a +100% damage protection (temporary invincibility).

On the Skill Screen, the ability could be shaped as the Overlord, you know the Turtle-like item that opens Secret Passage, the Skill could be named: "Turtle Shell".

The turtle is a symbol of the first lyre, which he made by her shell. Hmm, can be a temporary buff like Distortion field that activates on hit... not making you invulnerable, but giving decent total damage absobtion. Or there can be a spirit turtle summon, that cast it as an aura. "Song of the Turtle" or something similar?

Finally thank you kindly for being so patient with my ramblings, nargil66. I think I’ll let you work now. :)

Nah, i enjoy when there is a discussion. No worries.

There are some news. Poseidon will be removed from the list of masteries. Every attempt to balance gods weapons and damage types with 10 masteries in the new drafts failed. Other reasons are that I can't explain how you can summon Ichthians or geysers in the middle of the desert for example; i can't think of any good class name combiantions with Poseidon. So it is out. I hope you don't mind playing with nine masteries.

« Last Edit: 05 April 2018, 19:24:37 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: 06 April 2018, 00:22:07 »
people will not look at the balance between masteries but rather the balance between each class.. but sadly enough, no matter how hard you try, some people will feel an imbalance in your mod.. it's always like that.. it's something even game developers of big companies face.. if people think your mod is imbalanced, you can always release v1.1, then v1.2, and so on.. which means more work for you  :o

edit:
Every attempt to balance gods weapons and damage types with 10 masteries in the new drafts failed. Other reasons are that I can't explain how you can summon Ichthians or geysers in the middle of the desert for example; i can't think of any good class name combiantions with Poseidon. So it is out. I hope you don't mind playing with nine masteries.
instead of another weapon proficiency, how about some innate skill like warmth from sorceress diablo 2
summon ichthians or geysers.. hmm.. does it always have to be summons? can't it be like suiton water something technique?
« Last Edit: 06 April 2018, 00:42:52 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: 07 April 2018, 00:10:48 »
people will not look at the balance between masteries but rather the balance between each class.. but sadly enough, no matter how hard you try, some people will feel an imbalance in your mod.. it's always like that.. it's something even game developers of big companies face.. if people think your mod is imbalanced, you can always release v1.1, then v1.2, and so on.. which means more work for you  :o

instead of another weapon proficiency, how about some innate skill like warmth from sorceress diablo 2
summon ichthians or geysers.. hmm.. does it always have to be summons? can't it be like suiton water something technique?

Yeah, maybe it's an impossible task but I'll still try as best as i can. The problem with Poseidon is that i added it last, when i made the old drafts i had only 9 gods in mind. I'll leave it out for now, if I can find a way i can always include it later.
I like the idea of every mastery having pets connected to the god. I know many people prefer to play solo, but in Deities there are 24 skills for each mastery and there is enough space to include more pets. It won't be a pet focused mod, but will add more options for petmancers.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: 07 April 2018, 00:37:29 »
Last two days things are going very slow. I mostly work on tweaking drafts, but none of them is ready yet.

I made 3 different passive Volley-like skills in Apollo, Hecate and Zeus with 25% chance to activate on last level (1 of them is reworked Ternion). Apollo's one (Sun Arrows) works with staff and bow, Hecate and Zeus' ones for staff and thrown. Tested them ingame and it looks decent and not too OP i think.

Another thing is some ot the skill columns in Hecate will be reworked. I made her look almost evil in her skills, and it is far from how the Greeks imagined her. Maybe after Christianity she is demonized and becomes symbol of black magic, but not before. If there is an "evil" god in the Pantheon, it is Ares, not Hecate.

So, here is a preview of the reworked Occult column for Hecate:

Spoiler for Hiden:
OCCULT (Passive Tree)

Lvl 1: Hecate's Key
Hecate's key unlocks the mystical door to the unknown that each seeker must pass on their path to knowledge.
-% Strength Requirements for Melee Weapons (Sword, Thrown)
-% Intelligence Requirements for Staffs
+% Casting Speed

Lvl 10: Hecate's Rope
Hecate's rope connects the Occultist to their inner wisdom, springing from the depths of the spirit.
+% Energy Regeneration
% Chance of -% Energy Cost
% Chance of -% Recharge

Lvl 16: Hecate's Knife
Hecate's knife does not cut flesh, but the veil of illusions and external influences that clouds the mind.
+% Sleep Resistance
+% Trap Resistance
+% Reduced Confusion Duration (for Pets/Traps)
+% Reduced Mind Control Duration (for Pets/Traps)

Lvl 32: Hecate's Torch
Hecate's torch is the ultimate revelation of truth, in which the Occultist realizes their full power and potential.
+% Elemental Damages
+% Intelligence
+% Energy
« Last Edit: 07 April 2018, 00:45:02 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: 07 April 2018, 15:32:17 »
The turtle is a symbol of the first lyre, which he made by her shell. Hmm, can be a temporary buff like Distortion field that activates on hit... not making you invulnerable, but giving decent total damage absobtion. Or there can be a spirit turtle summon, that cast it as an aura. "Song of the Turtle" or something similar?

Why not? these two ideas sound great, now to choose one of them. ^^

There are some news. Poseidon will be removed from the list of masteries. Every attempt to balance gods weapons and damage types with 10 masteries in the new drafts failed. Other reasons are that I can't explain how you can summon Ichthians or geysers in the middle of the desert for example; i can't think of any good class name combiantions with Poseidon. So it is out. I hope you don't mind playing with nine masteries.

Your decision is perfectly understandable, no sweat. Just don't be too harsh on your goals, friend. I mean trying to justify the presence of an Ichtian on a desert landscape is not something vital in a videogame, you know. No honest gamer will ever blame you for this. :)

So, here is a preview of the reworked Occult column for Hecate...

About that. I feel the skill names should be easy to grasp for new players, I mean they shouldn’t be too cryptic. When I read "Hecate's Key" or "Hecate's Hecate's Rope" for instance, I have absolutely no idea what the skill is about. This is nothing serious really, just my two cents about it. Edit: I see the tooltips you devised clarifies the skills a bit. ;D

« Last Edit: 07 April 2018, 15:34:25 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: 07 April 2018, 16:55:18 »
About that. I feel the skill names should be easy to grasp for new players, I mean they shouldn’t be too cryptic. When I read "Hecate's Key" or "Hecate's Hecate's Rope" for instance, I have absolutely no idea what the skill is about. This is nothing serious really, just my two cents about it. Edit: I see the tooltips you devised clarifies the skills a bit.

Yeah, I noticed it, both the names and descriptions are very abstract, so I reworked them today.
TBH i'm starting to get burned out. Gonna just play the game or some other mod for a while. Never finished LoC with "no death challenge", maybe its time to try again :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: 17 May 2018, 16:54:32 »
For anyone following the progress of the mod - there are new things added, but right now i have technical problems with the computer containing the updates. In 1-2 days it should be fixed and i can continue.

Regarding the missing pictures from posts - the image hosting site I used is down, i'll try to recover all the pictures i can.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: 24 May 2018, 22:18:54 »
Sorry about the delay. My other comp should be fixed by tomorrow, then i can recover my files and pictures. My hands are already itching to continue the mod...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: 25 May 2018, 21:53:35 »
Comp fixed. Now back to my main project :D First I'll backup everything and reupload the pictures.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #235 on: 26 May 2018, 00:01:58 »
Yay!
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: 26 May 2018, 08:09:20 »
...First I'll backup everything

Yeah think i'll do the same  ;)
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: 28 May 2018, 13:15:13 »
...First I'll backup everything

Yeah think i'll do the same  ;)

Smart of you ;) Dont be like me haha

All pictures are uploaded to Imgur, but they are more than 1000... I'll upload only the best ones to the opening post. This time I'll try keeping things more organized :P

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Deities Mod - Development Thread
« Reply #238 on: 30 May 2018, 21:20:47 »
Took a look at your project, and I like what I seen. Very ambitious, lots of stuff being added.

I wish you the best for your project. Looking forward to it :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Deities Mod - Development Thread
« Reply #239 on: 02 June 2018, 13:38:58 »
Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)

Tags: