Author Topic: Custom Map not working - shows only black screen  (Read 4242 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MushaShukou

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Custom Map not working - shows only black screen
« on: 25 May 2018, 01:25:09 »
Hey all. I'm trying to create a custom map, I've been following several tutorials, but each time I finally load into the game to test it, it shows me only a black screen. I can tell that I'm loaded into the game; I can see the minimap/compass and rebirth shrine, plus I can hear my character running around, but I can't see anything on the main screen. It's as if all the lights have been turned off. Does anybody know how to fix this please?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Custom Map not working - shows only black screen
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2018, 14:12:54 »
I have suffered this bug several times. I cannot tell you what causes this, but I can share with you my working solution.

I have moved the entirety of my Titan Quest folder (the one that contains SaveData, Custommaps, Working, etc.) and moved it to the desktop. Then, I launched ArtManager, and it initiated some process. Let it go. Then, take back your folders from the desktop and move them back to their original location. This should fix the issue for the next mod you will create.

However, I have no idea the issue will be removed if you play on an already existing custom map.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline MushaShukou

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: Custom Map not working - shows only black screen
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2018, 19:58:14 »
Thank you. I'll give it a shot.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal