Author Topic: Movies and trailers  (Read 8488 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Movies and trailers
« on: 18 February 2018, 18:49:12 »
This topic will be reserved for discussion about the movies and trailers, existing and incoming movies.

discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Movies and trailers
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2018, 21:13:09 »
wow Linda Hamilton is back

i didn't like the last terminator but i googled and read that James Cameron, the brains of the original is once again leading this film

hmm this could be good

btw, i thought i saw Ronda Rousey and Optimus Prime there
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2018, 00:27:53 »
I think this is some kind of fan made trailer, but after searching for more info about it, they want to bring back old crew (probably it will be without Edward Furlong because he is very problematic person).
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 23 February 2018, 02:14:24 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2018, 03:00:08 »
Just watched for almost 3 hours "Blade Runner 2049" movie from this year, and I must say this is very overrated movie with very stupid and unfinished story. It was interesting to watch it most of time, but there is no real point in this movie. After being Sherlock Holmes most of the time, searching for proofs in his thoughts, he finally found Harrison Ford after 2 hours of movie, exposed him, then saved and lead to his daughter without some special explanation.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2018, 15:26:55 »
Just watched for almost 3 hours "Blade Runner 2049" movie from this year, and I must say this is very overrated movie with very stupid and unfinished story. It was interesting to watch it most of time, but there is no real point in this movie. After being Sherlock Holmes most of the time, searching for proofs in his thoughts, he finally found Harrison Ford after 2 hours of movie, exposed him, then saved and lead to his daughter without some special explanation.

Yup. I feel the same about the movie. Now I recognize there were a few things done right:

- Denis Villeneuve surprisingly succeeded in building a world that respects the original 1982 movie. In that sense the movie is a visual sci-fi treat,

- Ryan Gosling as "Officer K" is quite convincing. His expressionless/silent character is totally fitting for a Replicant policeman. As far as blandness goes I would say Keanu Reeves would have shined too, and I'm almost not joking ^^, he would have been great as well,

- the music is decent, not to Vangelis' level but quite good,

The Original 1982 movie was almost devoid of non-stop action but it was meditative in a good way, then Vangelis' music transcended the film. Finally Rutger Hauer incredible performance (as Roy Batty) turned it into a memorable watch.

Blade Runner 2049 could have been so much more. Some scenes are done so well and others are downright disappointing. :P

« Last Edit: 12 March 2018, 15:33:39 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2018, 01:09:09 »
I was also somewhat disappointed by the storyline of Blade runner 2049. But the challenge to make a sequel to Ridley Scott' masterpiece was so high even for Villeneuve. In comparison, his movie Arrival was deeper, and so innovative !

However it remains imo that Bladerunner 2049 is a good movie, what impressed me was the photography: superb ! But to fully benefit of it, one has to watch it in a imax cinema, not at home.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2018, 01:47:50 »
My point is that movie is really interesting, with some impressive effects, but too much unfinished stories. I really liked hologram girl, it was shocking to watch last part without her.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2018, 02:30:32 »
uhhh.. i gotta put this on my to watch list.. but any comment relating to plot, please put it in spoilers  :-X

it's still probably better than those michael bay movies
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Movies and trailers - Top Gun 2
« Reply #9 on: 07 January 2019, 12:09:41 »

this is just really crazy

it's not mentioned in the description but one might notice, and it's also mentioned by some in the comments section, that this is not real trailer.. this is fan made

but i googled and there really will be a top gun 2 named Top Gun: Maverick scheduled for a June 2020 release

wtf so after 34 years, a part 2 will be shown?

the year was 1986, i know some of you guys have probably watched it in it's era.. but I'm not that old so i was only able to watch it as an adult.. tbh, i thought the story was bland.. but i felt that there was magic in the film and i know it was really big during its time.. but lolz is a part 2 really needed? whatever, i might watch it still.. highway to the danger zone
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2019, 18:16:04 »
Whatever they will make it will be interesting only to people from USA and parts of west Europe. So most likely they will ruin all good from original 1st movie.

Movies that are promising:

I guess the best announced movie which we may get is the Gladiator 2 and maybe the Gladiator 3

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni60881225/?fbclid=IwAR32o3ucyyTtO2Qra9qXDWiAkoKA60_J1UNcrAImsOIjzcgGmJ4ZwcndKuQ

There was idea 2 years ago about 2 possible movies, 1 is Prequel and another Sequel of original movie, both with already imagined story. For Prequel battles of Rome and rising of Maximus as the most powerful general of that time and Sequel was about Lucius when he is adult and same brutal king as his uncle Commodus. Lucius becomes brutal killer of christians and all other nations, so Maximus does not have peace anymore, can't find his wife and child in the heavens and few years or 15 years later after his death, Gods return him as cursed and immortal man to start the was against Romans and Lucius. Also I read that later after war with Lucius he joins Crusaders so that can means as well more sequels. I won't be surprised to see at least 2 more movies if they don't wait for too long.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2019, 19:40:20 »
titanic 2? ahahahahahaha that's even crazier.. my heart will go on again?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2019, 11:43:32 »
this has been aired a long time ago.. i just remembered this for some reason

guys this is a must watch if you haven't yet.. i rate this 12/10

edit: it's so bad it's good
« Last Edit: 02 February 2019, 11:51:31 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2019, 11:58:54 »
Hm, does anyone know about this movie, does it release yet  ::)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2019, 16:35:24 »
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1001587/?ref_=nv_sr_1
This is a fictitious sci-fi film trailer produced as a nonprofit fan movie, based on a Japanese historical film, or jidaigeki, which does not actually exist.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal