Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Anniversary Edition - General discussion

Is it possible to make a reliable poison + bleed build ?

(1/6) > >>

Hector:
I'm looking at the changelog and it says undeads have now 70% poison and bleed absorb in all difficulties instead of having resistances against these damage types.. so that makes any kind of RR technically worthless at this point, doesn't it (considering a warlock-illusionist-brigand)?

How in the world am I gonna make a viable DOT build with these damage types if these ****** undead ruin all sorts of approaches?

I've always hated this so called realistic, stupid logic in ARPG games.. they have no flesh, no blood and no veins to carry the toxic effects so they can not be harmed by it.. Yeah, even the God of the Dead (who is also the god of those undeads) himself is not immune to these damage types but somehow these ******s are...

Anyway, do you have some suggestions for a poison + bleed build which is also capable of dealing with the undead? I've read some ideas from google search about making a magician and use elemental against them but is it reliable? how am I going to sustain my damage in later difficulties with this approach? or is there a better alternative here? Could traps alone be used against them if I make a brigand and buff them with AOTH and COTH?

botebote77:
holla Hector.. just want to say i finally re-watched Troy the other day.. there are differences in Iliad but i still liked the film.. the fight between Hector and Ajax was a draw in Iliad but i think i like it more that Hector killed him :) ..  when Hector killed Patroclus i was hoping that Hector would get Achilles' armor like in Iliad.. I mean Achilles' mother giving Achilles new armor would be epic.. i was hoping to see Achilles shield.. but i also knew they wouldn't show that because they would have to include the gods (specifically Hephaestus)

poison and bleed.. yes that could work but you'd have to support it with other types of damage.. my sorcerer, if you haven't seen it yet, deals poison and bleed but also deals elemental.. it's focused on throwing knife (skill).. i don't know the magician you saw but if i am to make a magician, I'll make it like my sorcerer

if you haven't seen it yet, I'm too lazy to find the link so just click my sig.. then click my favorite character somewhere at the bottom.. or you can just find it under guidesAE (flying daggers).. i posted a video on my reply to circular's trickster thread

another build i know is warlock ternion although it has no bleed and it's a staff so it's one less item slot

Hector:
You re-watched it? For a moment there I thought it was your first time when you said you wished Hector to take Achilles' armor :)

Yeah I was happy too when I saw that brute Ajax fell down :) You know I always liked the changes the movie made cause the original story is not that good IMO.. Of all the parts you talked about, I only didn't know the relationship between the shield and the gods.. Guess I'll have to read about that.. Oh and I wished so bad that archers did arrow Achilles down when he stood before their gates :) I wish I could watch the theatrical cut again since all the sites on the net have the extended cut nowadays..

I saw your post about the build "flying daggers" but coudn't see the video.. anyway I think the build I want to do is not viable at all so I made a Laufey - Ymir (are they the same chacarter?) type hero instead.. If you have a suggestion about a "frostgiant" build, I'm all ears  :) it can be a both caster and warrior type or just caster I don't know.. 

botebote77:
i watched it years before but forgot some parts.. Iliad is good but there are some meh parts.. definitely read about the shield.. actually if you want to know the real reason why Helen went with Paris, read about the wedding of Thetis and Peleus (Achilles parents).. apple of discord.. the story happened before the events of Iliad

here for the video

frostgiant build like cold? maybe this:

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=280.0

Hector:
Thank you botebote.. both for the video and the link..

I already have a thunderer though she is using a throwing weapon without any caster type damage skill.. I don't know if making a thunderer for a second time would be boring or not even when following a different path.. But a thane sounds interesting enough..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version