Author Topic: How to rebalance gear in an older toon?  (Read 6562 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to rebalance gear in an older toon?
« on: 26 January 2018, 18:04:09 »
Hey, so i wanted to use my conqueror who is currently in legendary act 4. But i decided to go to epic difficulty and unlock act 5, not sure how that's done but i figured i had to kill hades, so i went to the portal and the moment i tried to kill mobs a melinoe hit me with something that almost killed me, 5k life went down in less than a second. I suppose this is due to -15% bleed resistance and 10% vitality resistance in epic. I would like to mention that my conqueror was having a blast in legendary act 4 even in massbosses and achilles mod in TQ:IT, so with the changes they made in TQ:AE now hes pretty weak, if i didnt run for my life he would be dead by the very first group of monsters in hades. Since this is an older toon, all his gear is based on what i knew in TQ:IT era, now whatever hes wearing is obsolete and i need to rebalance the gear. What would you suggest me to do? I want to keep using him but with what hes wearing now its going to be impossible, and this is a self found char, no twinking!

Sometimes i miss playing TQ:IT, i would only miss out on the new act and the new items, all the other new mechanics so far are something i really dislike.
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: How to rebalance gear in an older toon?
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2018, 18:24:42 »
You should provide a list of your current gear.
Plus, what is your level ? The XP curve has changed in Ragnarok, you should have gained like 5 levels or more the moment you killed your first monster. Has it occurred ?
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2018, 23:40:19 »
I gained quite a few levels. This screen shot is taken in legendary diff

-50% vitality resistance and -100% bleed resistance.

Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2018, 05:53:32 »
i don't see any problem here really.. i think i hear your items in your inventory whispering to your toon "wear me".. early AE, i used to keep items like crosier of Osiris in my inventory for emergency purposes.. i played AE self-found.. it's just rebalancing for you.. maybe sacrifice some CDR for resists.. that adroit loop can go and that aionios looks lonely there.. I'd also choose visor of the shadowlord over trackers hood
« Last Edit: 27 January 2018, 06:00:30 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2018, 12:47:03 »
You have -95% CDR but in AE it is capped to -80%.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Benitot

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2018, 22:33:41 »
Just give up the tracker's hood and use a hallowed helm. Socket it with whatever you are missing. You don't need all that -% recharge for a conqueror especially since you cannot reach -100% in AE

And what is your skill distribution?
« Last Edit: 27 January 2018, 22:35:25 by Benitot »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2018, 01:12:38 »
Disruption should be whatever is provided by defense skill, like 60%. I tried changed some items, got a bit more resistance, but the damage of some bosses is ridiculous (specifically hades in normal, he can still almost 1 shot me). I tried this https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/downloads/bleed-and-vitality-resistance-fix/ but it does not work.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Benitot

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 28 January 2018, 02:24:10 »
Use a demon's blood with vitality resistance completiom bonus instead. And use a hallowed helm socket it with something that gives vitality resistance. Use battle standard with collossus form and even hades on legendary using xmax should be a piece of cake. My conqueror uses almost the same setup.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2018, 02:31:41 »
also, if you have good vit res, Hades can only 1-shot in his first form.. that dreaded ball of death.. and as the name suggests, it's a ball of death.. your best bet is to bait him to cast it, then immediately charge in and get him to his 2nd form as quickly as possible.. in massbosses, it's easier said than done but it's just the best you can do (i think)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2018, 17:16:55 »
With a few pieces of soldier's skulcap that i had '(i happened to have a few of them because apparently i stopped at the caves where those things drop) my resistances got a bit more balanced. Decided to use a purifying soldiers helmet of immortality and combine it with the mantle of sa-jun. Currently looking at around 50+ for each of the resistances. Did not want to swap out trackers hood because of the massive -recharge, but oh well! Until i find a modified database i ll keep this gear.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal