Author Topic: List of LMB skills  (Read 20311 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
List of LMB skills
« on: 15 January 2018, 09:56:32 »
Rogue: Calculated Strike, Lethal Strike, Poison Gas Bomb, Flash Powder, Lay Trap

Hunting: Ensnare, Marksmanship, Take Down

Defense: Batter, Shield Charge

Warfare: Warwind, Onslaught, War Horn

Dream: Distort Reality, Distortion Wave, Psionic Touch, Sands of Sleep, Phantom Strike

Spirit: Ternion, Enslave Spirit

Earth: Volcanic Orb

Storm: Lighting Bolt, Thunderball

Nature: Sylvan Nymph

Runes: Thunder Strike, Rune Weapon
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 1cec0ld

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: List of LMB skills
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2018, 11:52:38 »
Ok, these have always perplexed me. Obviously the skills that specifically say "set this to your left mouse button" should be there, but how are the rest determined? Are they just the ones that are available? Are all skills able to be bound to LMB but these are the "best"?
In cases where multiple from a mastery can be bound, how does one best choose which is better? what about choosing between standard basic attacks, or these skills? Does it affect how battles work? I don't want to waste a skill like Batter on a trash mob when a Hero is standing right there behind it, but I don't want to dive into a mob just so that Hero is the first thing I attack.
\endrant

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2018, 14:31:33 »
Good intitiative, botebote77! Now since you've decided to open this thread, maybe we should make you sweat a little more :P:

I think it would be a good idea to add in you guide all the LMB (Left Mouse Button) skills that are granted by Artifacts or Items. Examples:

- Might of Hephaestus

This Artifacts grants a skill called Iron Fist, and depending on your version of Titan Quest, Iron Fist works completely differently:

# Immortal Throne (original version): in this version Might of Hephaestus DOES NOT work at all,

# Immortal Throne + Fanpatch 1.17: the granted skill works very well. This includes Melee and even Spells. This what made this Divine Artifacts so attractive (at least for me). I mean the granted skills proces a lot and you don't need to assign the skill on LBM, it works automatically,

# Anniversary Edition: in this version you are forced to assign the granted skill to your LMB! So it cannot proc with spells anymore (like Eruption, Volcanic Orb). This is somewhat sad but I guess I do understand the idea of the developers behind this nerf: indeed the tooltip of Iron Fist says “builds up the melee power of the player to epic proportions”, so now the skill works as intended (a melee bonus that is). By the way I did not try it with the Ragnarok dlc yet, but since I fell for this awesome Nordic extension you can sure bet I’m going to play it very soon. O0,

Note: now that I think of it, it would be a good idea edit my Avenger Guide about this Might of Hephaestus stuff. EDIT: DONE. ^^

- Marduk's Rage: this lovely sword grants +2 to Onslaught,

- Zaghnal: this axe grants + 7 to Calculated Strike!!! BUT only in the Anniversary Edition! (no bonus to skill in Immortal Throne),

- Orion's Mace: same deal, the mace grants + 6 to Psionic Touch!!! BUT only in the Anniversary Edition,

Ok, these have always perplexed me. Obviously the skills that specifically say "set this to your left mouse button" should be there, but how are the rest determined? Are they just the ones that are available? Are all skills able to be bound to LMB but these are the "best"?
In cases where multiple from a mastery can be bound, how does one best choose which is better? what about choosing between standard basic attacks, or these skills? Does it affect how battles work? I don't want to waste a skill like Batter on a trash mob when a Hero is standing right there behind it, but I don't want to dive into a mob just so that Hero is the first thing I attack.\endrant

Hello, 1cec0ld! I'm not sure if I understand your post.^^ Skills that are assignable to LMB are always more beneficial than Basic Attack. The only problem you may face is when you have both Masteries giving you LMB Skills. Example :

The Dreamkiller (Rogue+Dream) can have Calculated Strike or Psionic Touch. Even though those Skills have been reworked for the better in the Anniversary Edition I think what veteran Poinas said about those skills still apply :

"I'd take Calculated Strike over Psionic Touch, if you are a Dreamkiller. The difference is small, so you can pick whichever you like."
« Last Edit: 15 January 2018, 15:58:29 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 15 January 2018, 15:08:45 »
I don't really understand your confusion because it works pretty much the same way that GD does.  Some skills can be used with the LMB, others can't.  As for what determines that, well my guess is the devs did.  They decided these skills could be used on the LMB while the others are either on RMB or a hotkey. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2018, 16:06:45 »
I never got why Sylvan Nymph got a LMB slot...
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 1cec0ld

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2018, 21:39:03 »
Skills that are assignable to LMB are always more beneficial than Basic Attack.

This is the part I don't understand. As an extreme example, the Sylvan Nymph. Why would I want to resummon her, wasting energy, possibly losing a Mastery Shrine Ultimate Level pet, every single time she is off cooldown? What if I'm about to fight a boss and expect the current one to die soon? I'm putting myself in a bad position, losing that energy, and starting that cooldown, just because its on a button that I need to use to fight anything.
The Nymph is an extreme example, but the points stand for other skills. You are burning energy and starting cooldowns when you have little to no control over what enemy you're fighting next in any given horde.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2018, 21:40:37 by 1cec0ld »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2018, 21:49:49 »
The list perplexes me, too.

I remember mentioning it before, but for one I'd like to see Flame Surge and Ice Shard assignable to the left mouse button; especially since Anniversary Edition made it impossible to have -100% recharge on most skills, those two are some of the select few with which it's still possible to do that, and as such I've always seen them as a replacement for the basic attack for their respective caster classes. It's a bit peculiar that Volcanic Orb can be assigned to the left button, but Flame Surge can't, and same goes for Lightning Bolt and Ice Shard.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 15 January 2018, 23:43:03 »
I mean, Wolves would better suit LMB than the Nymph if they were target skills... Since they can die often.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2018, 12:59:42 »
...This is the part I don't understand. As an extreme example, the Sylvan Nymph. Why would I want to resummon her, wasting energy, possibly losing a Mastery Shrine Ultimate Level pet, every single time she is off cooldown? What if I'm about to fight a boss and expect the current one to die soon? I'm putting myself in a bad position, losing that energy, and starting that cooldown, just because its on a button that I need to use to fight anything.
The Nymph is an extreme example, but the points stand for other skills. You are burning energy and starting cooldowns when you have little to no control over what enemy you're fighting next in any given horde.

Ok! Now I understand what you meant, 1cec0ld. ; D

Obviously my previous post was more about the Melee LMB Skills like "Onslaught, Calculated Strike, Psionic Touch,etc". Like I said you can never go wrong by using these skills cause they’re a solid DPS bonus.

As for the other skills you mentioned (Nymph,...), well I never used them much on LMB quite frankly. I DO use these skills -I’m a sucker for the Sylvan Nymph after all ^^- but I assign them to different shortcuts.

Still! This is a welcome option for those (few?) who absolutely want to use those skills on LMB, I guess.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2018, 18:53:31 »
1cec0ld is absolutely right. I'm playing as a warden right now and I have given batter a shot in LMB but it just wastes itself on trash enemies more often than not. Energy pool is also depleted unnecessarily fast this way no matter how much energy leech you have (there are much more mobs without an energy bar than the ones with it). Some may consider "rend armor" provides better support this way, since you're almost always opening fights with an armor reduction debuff but the "unnecessariness" aspect is still there. Why would I want to waste my skill in the opening of an easy fight, putting the skill on cooldown when I may have to use it 1 second later on a more dangerous enemy just to debuff an already weak enemy?

BTW, I'm new to this forum and I'm glad that you guys are keeping the community alive after the official forum has died. Thank you very much  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 19 January 2018, 20:40:08 »
Welcome to the forums, Hector!
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 19 January 2018, 20:57:13 »
Much appreciated, Typhon!

Edit: Is there any "rules" section for the forums may I ask? I looked it up but couldn't see one. I can't see the screenshots that other members post in their topics, that's why I'm asking this. There is a post limit to unlock some of the features maybe?
« Last Edit: 19 January 2018, 21:18:14 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #12 on: 19 January 2018, 21:13:10 »
Welcome to the forum Hector.  We couldn't see all that knowledge lost just because the owner couldn't be bothered to run the site any more - so here we are.  Rebuilding and looking to move forward with AE and Ragnarök and who knows what else in the future.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 19 January 2018, 21:21:47 »
I see... thank you for the warm welcome Medea.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 19 January 2018, 21:35:35 »
Much appreciated, Typhon!

Edit: Is there any "rules" section for the forums may I ask? I looked it up but couldn't see one. I can't see the screenshots that other members post in their topics, that's why I'm asking this. There is a post limit to unlock some of the features maybe?
Yes: https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=28.0
They are basic forum rules. There was a post limit sort of thing when I first joined but I don't know how it works now and what is blocked.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal