Author Topic: Act IV inaccessible hidden areas  (Read 8903 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Act IV inaccessible hidden areas
« on: 02 January 2018, 13:12:16 »
Having just completed Act IV again on a new character, I find myself facing the same question I forgot about on countless playthroughs. There are about two or three areas in Act IV, which are alltogether inaccessible, but do seem to feature have fully interactive elements such as gates and doors, as well as killable mobs, and I am not talking about glitch spawns either. These mobs are clearly supposed to be there. While one could just consider it a nice immersion gimmick, it has always bothered me, since I assume epic or legendary items could potentially spawn in the hands of these unreachable mobs.

First, there is this area on the Fields of the Diadochi. It is clearly a planned area, as there are two mechanical traps positioned at a blocked pathway and a few Empusa or other mobs always spawn there. I always end up trying to get there by getting up and down the ramps, but you can't:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Then there's the lower Prison of Souls, which always has a Gigantes guard. The prison gates appear unlockable by the Warden of Souls key, but again,.. you can't actually get there. I suspect there to have been a Quest planned with the prisoners, that was eventually left out of the game. It would made sense to have another teleporter, such as to the various Shards of Erebus areas, connect to an area with a door that grants access to the lower level:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Finally there's the Ninth Gate of Hell, which might perhaps be an easter egg:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Still pretty weird IMO.  Initially I thought it was just there as an area signifier for an area that doesn't have a portal, but once you know how to deal with Act IV normal mobs, you'll find that Hades is not really that far from the last active portal (Hades' Palace / Persephone's Gate). As such there's not real reason for the final area to be seperate and warant a map entry with a broken portal.

All in all, this thread is pretty pointless. It doesn't really lead anywhere, but I just wanted to share my thoughts. Any other ideas and/or comments are much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2018, 16:00:32 by Laionidas »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Act IV inaccessible hidden areas
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2018, 13:15:16 »
That ninth gate is the new olympus portal added to the AE version in a recent patch ;)

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2018, 14:26:48 »
That ninth gate is the new olympus portal added to the AE version in a recent patch ;)

Really?

I thought it was there before.

I haven't been to Olympus in a while though, but if that's what it is, I don't understand why it's not on its own tab, or even the Asian one.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2018, 14:41:46 »
Yeah, Olympus never had its own portal. Just a rebirth fountain.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2018, 16:33:44 »
Just checked Olympus, and it is indeed the ninth portal:

Spoiler for Hiden:
But boy,.. was that implemented poorly!

The rebirth fountain that was there has been removed to a bit of debris on the side, and no longer functions, and a second rebirth fountain has been placed a bit further up the mountain path. Also, there is no actual model for the portal, as you can still see the base of the rebirth fountain on its original location.

Finally, they seem to have added a lot more debris along the mountain path overall (I can't remember there being thát many fallen collumns), which might make sense, but rather breaks with Olympus' atmosphere.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #5 on: 02 January 2018, 17:17:49 »
The Olympus portal was probably meant to look something like that in the original game because there is supposed to be a portal there, but never was. 

Fields of the Diadochi you can deal with if you have an AoE skill.  Can't recall anything special dropping down there in the past.

Prison of Souls - we've already sorted that.

http://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=184.msg1663;topicseen#
« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 15:08:07 by kja12 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal