Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 228652 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #585 on: 06 February 2019, 22:38:02 »
Hello there Bumbleguppy i knew you from Steam and i registered this site just for you
I see you are making LOC2 and i'm happy that you didn't abandoned it.I just wanted to ask few questions and make few soft requests.

Im not BG, but i will happy answer your questions.

Q1: when do you think it will finish?

It will take time, right now its on pre-born state, hunting major bugs and nasty problems that can break the game, but who knows , :)

Q2: does gameplay changed? (more monsters, spawns difficulty etc) ?

If you played the previous version, it will be the same, except it will be more deadly than before  >:D

Q3: can i download your current mod to see and support your progress?

you must pm BG, as BG said, this is in pre born state, and not full completed mod

ReQ1: can you make a simple another soft version of the mod with same masteries but without world changes such as increased monster spawns
This is because i like faser and easier gameplay. I just love to see my pets grow up.

Im not sure if this can be worked, with stronger pets with vanilla monster will dont work, belive me. Also working in two different mod version will be more time consuming, one version can crash while the other isnt, adding new monster in one version and not the other, well...

ReQ2: do you think you can make 2 or 3 strong pets for each mastery rather than 1 strong + 3 weak pets (such as 1 slyvian nymph and 3 wolves i'd like to see 1 nymph 1 elder wolf and 1 other strong pet.)
This is personel taste you can ignore this complately.

Not sure if this can be done, the mod have 2 types of pets . 1 type are the meat shield, used to get aggro versus the  armies of monsters and be the ddistraction for bosses, and the 2nd type the main ones, like core dweller and nymph, they are the pure dmg or pure tank of your legion, You can play with the 2nd type only and survive the game. Also the point of the mod is having a huge army of pets, i understnd your view but having all strongest pets at start of the game is bit let down.

This is just my opinion ofc, i can be wrong . Anyway welcome to the foruns

:)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #586 on: 07 February 2019, 16:17:28 »
https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1776010325116361217/

Looks like there is a new patch on its way.

Wonder how much I will have to change to get my mod to work after this?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #587 on: 07 February 2019, 16:26:05 »
its a mystery for now, I think will be improved QOL ,some item re balance ,maybe extra content, hard to tell :(
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #588 on: 07 February 2019, 18:24:40 »
https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1776010325116361217/

Looks like there is a new patch on its way.

Wonder how much I will have to change to get my mod to work after this?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: 07 February 2019, 19:39:25 »
I'm okay with content changes, I can just re-decompile the game map and add the relevant map levels individually. Not easy, but doable.

What is intimidating are things like:
changes to the formulas that determine damage/defense. That would mean reworking all the pet/plaer damage output.
quest changes. Mostly because how do I know? I have to spend days comparing the files one by one. THe changelog will probably help.
subtle monster controller changes.

Well, anything subtle as that means reviewing each game database file individually.

I wonder if there's a file difference utility that people like me can actually learn to use? Then I can just do a scan on the existing database files versus the new database files. Have to look into that.

EDIT: Oh, Winmerge is still going strong, I downloaded the latest stable version.

I was just daydreaming, what if Shieldmaiden was like Wolves? Like you could summon 2 and then 3 at uber?

Adding addtional summons is easy, what's going to be hard is rebalancing the damage and defense. Yeesh.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2019, 19:52:30 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #590 on: 07 February 2019, 22:00:30 »

I was just daydreaming, what if Shieldmaiden was like Wolves? Like you could summon 2 and then 3 at uber?

Adding addtional summons is easy, what's going to be hard is rebalancing the damage and defense. Yeesh.

What i can see for  shieldmaiden,

Shieldmaiden in uber lvs could cast a a support summon, like ranged nymph, something like a flying sword/mace to bash all enemies around you! it would make the shieldmaiden more unique subpair summon, focus in unity on one, then in numbers :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #591 on: 08 February 2019, 00:49:58 »
Maybe they just made new game with new map, so you might have to work on your mod there after version 2 is finished :)
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #592 on: 08 February 2019, 00:54:16 »
Maybe they just made new game with new map, so you might have to work on your mod there after version 2 is finished :)

That would be awesome tho

Yeah, suddenly I am hesitant to put a lot of energy in this mod

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #593 on: 08 February 2019, 15:41:03 »
You have our full support. no matter decision you do.

I starting to have mix feeling, im mostly happy and suprised for seeing the Devs working on TQ and , seeing going as closed beta, something big will hit the game. But at same time im scared, what if the new update  re-change everyhting the mod acomplish so far ?

Seeing how this lovely mod is growing in every update, with less  troubles and crashes that causes huge pain, is something that put a huge ammount of happyness in  everyone soul.

i support the devs, for risking and working in this game i couldnt think TQ could capture my  dedication and love, all because of your mod.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #594 on: 09 February 2019, 20:06:36 »
I was wondering, how about the shadow casters tigermans ,could summon shadow tigerman instead of common nightsaltkers

Another quest ideia for act 3, i was thinking i hadnt anything else to share but im wrong

a) "A Mission of Mercy"

b ) Fast Description

When you exploring Jingyang Woods, you meet a begger, telling a tale, a strange curse fells on his village, turned every villager into undead, a aggressive type of zombies. he ask you to go to the village and kill all the  undead around. (the village is the one you made :) )

c) whats the objective ?

Clean the village by killing every single undead

D) Conclusion and Rewards

When you return telling your deeds , the beggar was suprised to see you returning , alive and well, he starts to say  you should be dead, reveling his true form , a necromancer, claiming as true responsible for the curse.

You have no other choice than killing him.

The reward is just a magical treasure and some gold.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #595 on: 09 February 2019, 20:53:07 »

That would be awesome tho

Yeah, suddenly I am hesitant to put a lot of energy in this mod

You've gone too far to give up. I'm very confident that it is better to continue working on it, after all the time you spent into it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: 09 February 2019, 21:42:20 »
Yeah, I probably will but only because it's my favorite hobby tho :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gestalt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #597 on: 09 February 2019, 23:11:53 »
I wish they were in contact with you and nargil as current biggest mod developers for the game, cooperating with you :)))). I know it won't happen but it's a cool sudden dream :D.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: 09 February 2019, 23:22:55 »
I can't speak for nargil66, but when I think that I'M the biggest modder just makes me sad. My God, I'm a 55 year old hobbyist for crying out loud. I will never make a mod that isn't pet specific, ever....I am aware how narrow my focus is.

WE NEED MORE MODDERS! :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #599 on: 10 February 2019, 00:16:28 »
eheh

I prefer being as those annoying mosquitoes that "zun zun" in  the modders ears :P

Now back for act 3 side quests, im mixed, there are a couple quests that gave not so great rewards, but with boss chest   balanced the things out.

The ones i think can have small adjustments.

Behind the waterfall, does the ghost boss drops any treasure chest ? after i kill it i dint remenber if it droped it

Stalker in the woods , the  monster could give  treasure chest after defeat

Peng problems, as reward i had a random yellow spear, i think it can have room for improvements, maybe a artefact ?

Everything else its good, imo.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal