Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229488 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #555 on: 19 January 2019, 01:34:01 »
When you believe yourself, you can accomplish great deeds :)

( on 1st try, i died only once because i get caught by the web)

I said i would wait for next phase to share my next suggestions but i can't hold sorry :(

-The Minotaur statues are so well made, they are pretty brutal in looks.
I would turn then to champion because they are very tuff.  What if you put two of them protect the entrance to Labyrinth ? it would be pretty cool.

-Durgos Hawkeye, since hes now a leader of one of the warcamps, he could have more War-chief look, his boar can be for exemple grayish and Durgos  can be turned a dark green.

-The wraiths found along greek coast, i think their types need to be adjusted a litle, i mean right  each group is 5-8 melees and only 1-2 archers. Maybe in the future a Wraith mage type would fit  well
The Wraith archers could cast arrows that causes slow effect so the melles ones can get you :)

-I would suggest replace the Awakened dead ( skellies) from bonepile trap spawns, because of their lv, all of then are lv 1, its okay in early lvs but if you are in knossos isnt really a scary trap,

kept it going! :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #556 on: 19 January 2019, 03:44:50 »

-I would suggest replace the Awakened dead ( skellies) from bonepile trap spawns, because of their lv, all of then are lv 1, its okay in early lvs but if you are in knossos isnt really a scary trap,

Yeah, that's probably never going to happen. That would take 8 or 10 hours of dedicated work to do.  All the act 1 bonepile traps are from 1 pool.

I would have to make a whole bunch of new bonepiles per area, each with a new trap skill and invisible spawn monster and proxy and pool for each and every proxy in the area.

So no.

Everything else, yea. I put two mino statues in the first entrance hall with the pool and lined the sides with the other statues. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #557 on: 19 January 2019, 23:49:23 »
I'll be back to playing for a while, testing your mod and WNG's masteries. You guys deserve the feedback.
Btw, i have a small offer - would you include the latest caravan/inventory textures? I want to contribute with something, and LoC2 deserves better than my old stuff.
It still warm and fresh, and you'd get near 800 squares total :D
« Last Edit: 19 January 2019, 23:53:19 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #558 on: 19 January 2019, 23:55:34 »
TBH, I've never counted how many squares it already has. I'm just gonna have to take your word for it :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #559 on: 20 January 2019, 00:14:34 »
It was 594 total before, now with the bigger bags its 796. I know you're not much into QoL stuff, but more space is always handy.
I'll test some more and send you the source :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #560 on: 20 January 2019, 01:22:34 »
More space is always welcome ! I will be  a pack rat with even more shinny itens around! ahah

Some feedback.

About rogue, do they have kind of healing skil ? i think it may need one. Since its close fighting  mastery

About Nature, Sylvan Nymph can hit things very, very far away. The monsters dont even chase her.

Im running a Illusionist, hitted act 3 few minuts ago, right now i have 3x shadow daemons + 3x Nymphs plus +Sylvan Nymph plus 3x bolt traps, this combo seens great and  balanced with that amount of pets, since they are fragile! I could defeat every boss in VoK, my pets did all the dirty work while i was on safe spot :D!

Anything is possible, the key to defeat then is knowing then:
- Before fighting ,see the boss behaviour, what skills he/she casts and timings
-Having more than 5% elemental resistance, if you are fighting against a fire type boss and having 15% fire resist, its not a good idea
-Scrolls are your 2nd our 3th ( depends on many pets you have) best friend, dont be afraid using then.
-Clear 1st the minions around the boss room, you may think they are trash monsters and" i dont care", you are wrong. Don't underestimate any monster you see.

About missing Health shrines in act2 its was only in, if i didnt forget any
-Artesian Quartes ( after Menphis , before Desert wastes)
-Fayum Passage

Some sugestions ( mostly recolours) to see in the future

-Magma Beetle looks exactly the same as Fire betles, except in size, maybe a darker red can be a good option.

-Centurion MI shield and Sentinel Mi shield got the same colour, except their sizes. Maybe The Centurion shield could be a mixing of green and yellow, having a golden colour

-Iznu, the dune raider chief, instead of  normal Hyenas could summon daemon Hyenas ( they are bleeding/leech based) just to make the batle even more interesting :)

Nice to hear about the statues before the minoan lab, it will be even more EPIC!
« Last Edit: 20 January 2019, 01:24:11 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: 20 January 2019, 06:28:31 »
Just spent the evening finishing normal difficulty with an Elementalist petmancer (full summons lines, heat shield and energy shield, fire enchantment & storm numbus lines,  squall and modifiers for debuff and actually nice damage, 1 point in Eruption & modifier for bosses)

First, I got the Bifrost Bug where my character disappeared into the thing over Jotunheim like 6 or 7 tries. Finally made it by walking on the right-side edge. I tried rebuilding, and then re-importing the freshly extracted map level...didn't make a difference.

Secondly, the final area was a hoot. I hadn't just played through in a while...the volcanoes spitting fireballs really made the whole area a full-on panic zone lol

The Surtrbarn are tough! The fire imps really turned out well, better than I'd hoped. The animations for the Salamander Reptilians worked great, seeing them sprinting across the ashland at you was pretty exciting.

Now I just gotta come down from the excitement high :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #562 on: 20 January 2019, 12:37:11 »
First, I got the Bifrost Bug where my character disappeared into the thing over Jotunheim like 6 or 7 tries. Finally made it by walking on the right-side edge. I tried rebuilding, and then re-importing the freshly extracted map level...didn't make a difference.

what if you cut that part of the bridge that bugs out ? our maybe make a new smaller bridge ?

Secondly, the final area was a hoot. I hadn't just played through in a while...the volcanoes spitting fireballs really made the whole area a full-on panic zone lol

The Surtrbarn are tough! The fire imps really turned out well, better than I'd hoped. The animations for the Salamander Reptilians worked great, seeing them sprinting across the ashland at you was pretty exciting.

You made the final area a real end area! its one of my favourite! Plus the black elfs that can kill you if you are unprepared!

Now I just gotta come down from the excitement high :D

Best.. feeling.. ever  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #563 on: 20 January 2019, 19:55:18 »
what if you cut that part of the bridge that bugs out ? our maybe make a new smaller bridge ?

You should see the Bifrost as it is represented visually in the map editor. It looks like a rainbow knot. And it is a mile above the ground. All the encounters are far below floating in the air.

I was unable to select the bridge in the editor at all.

As far as I can tell, there isn't any way to effect any change in the map editor. Maybe someone who is smarter than me, but it isn't going to be me that fixes this problem.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #564 on: 20 January 2019, 20:06:50 »
darn, well, atlast we can still  cross the bridge by going on the right border.

Is not that bad, maybe it will fix by itself in the future ! it appear since the start, something caused a side effect making that part of the Bitfrost invisible.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #565 on: 25 January 2019, 11:05:54 »
Future suggestions

Act3:

-Jingle River Chimera could have dark green colour,

-Tigerman~warlord neeeds to be litle more tuff.

Act4

-Ghost sprite champions could have a soul breath attack

-Epiales champions  instead of throwing poison bombs could be dream based  and turned into dark blue (  in the myth they are the aspect of nightmares) . The normals one remain   poison based.

- chests and bonepiles around Delian cave and Cave of Artemis , replaced by magma spider eggs.

- Chests found in Machae generals rooms, could be little more generous :)
« Last Edit: 25 January 2019, 11:07:38 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: 26 January 2019, 18:17:13 »
Champion idea

-There could be a champion type of Troll brutes, have as main weapon clubs ,cast club slam and stomp as abilities, you know troll smash

As curiosity , what type of skill is casted by bandits~ringleader ? it remains me of art of hunt skill

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #567 on: 26 January 2019, 19:12:00 »
They can cast Call of the Hunt

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #568 on: 27 January 2019, 21:18:26 »
Some ideas to consider in the future for improve even more act 5.

-New abilities for Monsters
Moor creeper instead of then spiting poison, it could be a mix between  fire/vitality dmg

Earth Bettle champions, instead of spiting poison , it could be changed into vitality/bleeding dmg

Drowned Slaves could have a draning essence aura. turning then into a vengefull/tormented soul type

Shade - Ond ( found in barrowlands) can be  more deadly

Revenants~bersekers could use dual weapons and let the  Storm Revenant be  shield users

Nerthus elders can have a frenzy aura, allowing their allies to attack faster

-Monster idea

the presence of the cultist are starting  corrupting the nature, local fauna and flora are becoming tainted by their magic.
"the friendly" water spirits found in Suebi Lakelands were the first victims, they  turned into Blood spirits

Blood spirits are the result of the pain and suffering of countless victims at the hands of cultists.

their colour are red, the normal ones use bleeding as their basic attack, while the champions use vitality to drain the life of their preys

-Quest
"Litle friends"- in order to collect the honey you need first defeat the hungry bear(s), and a reward it could be a nice healing scroll :)

Bosses
The ancient of the soil ( the one  found underground) can have more fire type abilities, i think he isnt that strong among the other ancients

The Kornwyf - Scourge of the Plains ( found in Wild Heathlands) can be litle more deadly

I want to say a big thanks to you Bumble, you kept improving the game in each update. TQ is still my main game, all thanks to your work.

Big cheers :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #569 on: 27 January 2019, 23:37:48 »
That gave me an idea. The Beekeeper gives you a pot of honey! The honey has a skill that grants +20hp/sec health regen for like 10 seconds.

Also: Bears and bee Swarms have a chance to drop Honey Pots.

And people will ask me: Hey, why doesn't the Sweet Honey have a pet bonus?

And I will answer: Why in the heck would I ever share my honey? :D

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal