Author Topic: Quick Cast not for casters at all  (Read 8541 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Quick Cast not for casters at all
« on: 19 May 2019, 01:46:58 »
This sounds really bizarre but a feature seemed to improve casters actually ends up making casters even more prone to death

When you press the shift key (the old shift key hold character in place), doesn't matter if you rebind it to shift, quick cast forces your character to move even when holding shift.. this makes your character move closer to mobs which as a caster, you wouldn't want to

Worse if your main source of survivability is briar ward, it forces you out of briar ward

This is more noticeable when you are playing in fully zoomed camera angle.. and when you bind long range skills to number skill buttons

edit: and when you disable quick cast, see how meteor rain and fire nova performs
« Last Edit: 19 May 2019, 02:03:54 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Quick Cast not for casters at all
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2019, 10:20:36 »
Post that in the redmine.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2019, 17:36:55 »
Is this only occurring when you are casting a spell that is out of your current range, so the character moves to the closest spot along the line to cast?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2019, 19:59:00 »
This sounds really bizarre but a feature seemed to improve casters actually ends up making casters even more prone to death

When you press the shift key (the old shift key hold character in place), doesn't matter if you rebind it to shift, quick cast forces your character to move even when holding shift.. this makes your character move closer to mobs which as a caster, you wouldn't want to

Worse if your main source of survivability is briar ward, it forces you out of briar ward

This is more noticeable when you are playing in fully zoomed camera angle.. and when you bind long range skills to number skill buttons

edit: and when you disable quick cast, see how meteor rain and fire nova performs

Hold Shift + any skill in Number slot will can't cast skill in maximum range of it.
But if set skill Mouse Button, it can work like before..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2019, 20:10:57 »
@wolpak just try it on fully zoomed camera angle, very easy to notice.. it will force your character to move every time

@icefreeze lol so i will just bind all my skills to mouse button then? oh wait how many mouse buttons do i have? you seem to have missed when i said number skill buttons

i only play casters nowadays so i have zero characters playable right now

my solution is: i will take a look at incredible adventures of van helsing.. and probably torchlight 2 again.. i played torchlight 2 before and i don't like the cartoony graphics.. but at least the devs there care about casters
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2019, 20:26:38 »
@wolpak just try it on fully zoomed camera angle, very easy to notice.. it will force your character to move every time

@icefreeze lol so i will just bind all my skills to mouse button then? oh wait how many mouse buttons do i have? you seem to have missed when i said number skill buttons

i only play casters nowadays so i have zero characters playable right now

my solution is: i will take a look at incredible adventures of van helsing.. and probably torchlight 2 again.. i played torchlight 2 before and i don't like the cartoony graphics.. but at least the devs there care about casters
You can reported it to THQ's redmine.
If you don't want to play more, that your choice.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2019, 20:30:36 »
already did
not that i don't want to play more.. i want to play more.. but nowadays i only really enjoy playing casters.. even the conqueror i made with int ended up being too boring for me
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2019, 20:53:57 »
unrelated.. but the devs here are like "casters? screw you. casters should play melee"
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline legowarrior

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2019, 14:56:46 »
You know, I never noticed, but then, the only skill I use at max range is Traps, which is always on my Right mouse button. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2019, 07:31:28 »
During my test in the beta, when I tried to cast Eruption in quickcast, I wasn't able to cast it at max range. For that I had to cast it without Quickcast. The char didn't move when I was in quickcast because I tried to cast it very far in the background, across a valley.
When using right click with Volcanic Orb for instance, it works correctly though... Like what quickcast should be.
I posted that on the Redmine, but so far it hasn't been addressed.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2019, 07:33:41 by soa »
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2019, 08:13:46 »
Oh crap, it seems i comment similar like previous comment in this thread  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2019, 10:11:45 »
a mechanic that doesn't make sense is when you disable quick cast, and try to cast meteor rain or fire nova, it requires you to click again on the ground.. why do you have to when the trajectory doesn't change anyway? it should be like distort reality or runic mines where you only press the key and it casts automatically
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 30 May 2019, 12:01:46 »
a mechanic that doesn't make sense is when you disable quick cast, and try to cast meteor rain or fire nova, it requires you to click again on the ground.. why do you have to when the trajectory doesn't change anyway? it should be like distort reality or runic mines where you only press the key and it casts automatically
Fire Nova doesn't require to click even without quickcast.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 30 May 2019, 12:09:53 »
Fire Nova doesn't require to click even without quickcast.
they must've changed something then.. on the earlier versions (can't remember what version), when i tried it it required me to click

but meteor rain is still not fixed yet?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 30 May 2019, 13:12:57 »
but meteor rain is still not fixed yet?
No, it requires a cast point. I'll try to mod it but it may be a technical limitation.
I think most skills of the same type have a cast point because you can really decide where the projectiles will drop. Here the randomness is so high that it doesn't matter.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal