Author Topic: Albino spider web build  (Read 5393 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Albino spider web build
« on: 05 December 2019, 19:19:23 »
Basically I have some questions regarding the mechanics of this charm, because I'm playing around with a character idea: basically, to zip around with lightning dash and have my aura/wisp/ebd retaliation kill most things. So it would be Dream + Storm, and I was thinking about incorporating albino spider webs. From some of the testing I've done it seems like multiple instance of this retaliation stack, I'm about 90% certain of this. I tested by wearing one piece of equipment with a charm on it and now that we can see the damage counter, look at the total damnage from one instance of retaliation (410), and speed with which the monster loses hp, and compar it to wearing three pieces of armour with the charm.  In this case, the monsters hp goes down much faster, indicating multiple stacks, this is on a lvl 40 accomplished hero. Other than that I didn't find any way to scale my damage, of the base 300 EBD retaliation from the charm I was doing 410 so either intelligence is scaling the damage or just my level; this brings me to my question:  what other ways can you guys think of scaling this damage, does it scale with level or intelligence? and has anyone tried using these charms in a build successfully? (or not) The point is not for the fastest clearing build, but something that is more or less viable and fun throughout the game. I was thinking of using a Zeus's Ikon as well for some giggles.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Albino spider web build
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2019, 20:10:51 »
Retaliation damage scales with player level , the bonus is proportional to the square of the player level : retaliationDamageDV * (1+ ((characterLevelDV^2) / 1250)).
Intelligence cannot increase retaliation damage (it will increase lightning damage and electrical burn damage, but not the corresponding retaliation damage).

The following can improve the damage :
1/ Increasing your level
2/ + X% total damage
3/ + X% electrical burn retaliation (this is theoretical, nothing in the game provides this kind of bonus for the player)
3b/ + X% electrical burn retaliation duration (theoretical, doesn't exist)
4/ reducing the monsters resistances : this may prove the most efficient way to boost your damage (mind that the monsters get increased resistances when going into Epic and Legendary, respectively 15% and 30%). I suppose you're already using Trance of Wrath.
5/ equipping more pieces of armor, because each time you are hit in melee (retaliation doesn't work against distant attacks), the game determines a piece of armor that is hit, and if this piece has retaliation, then it may be triggered. So if all your armors are equipped, you are sure that the blow will land on an armor with retaliation. So if youre are using 4 pieces of armor with albino web, any melee hit has 35% to trigger the retaliation (if you have only one piece of armor, it's 35/4% chance).
6/ you can use different kinds of retaliation damage (albino webs may get a bonus with piercing retaliation) to help against monsters that resist lightning, and also use reflect damage that works against all types of attacks.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2019, 19:03:48 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2019, 20:50:58 »
Thanks that's very helpful. But I did test %total damage as well and it didn't seem to work on the EBD retaliation damage. If I remember correctly not all armour pieces have the same chance to be hit correct? The chest has a higher chance to be hit by an attack? Making it the most important to socket with a albino spider web?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2019, 20:54:17 »
iirc, i did try a DoT + lightning dash before.. and it didn't work well for me.. can't remember what character and what DoT it was

the need to click on different enemies, and enemies far away, just makes it more difficult to control and in turn makes you more prone to dying

like soa said, reducing enemy resistances may be your best bet to increase damage.. problem is ToW, iirc takes a few short seconds before it affects nearby enemies.. and since the idea here is blitz blitz blitz, i think you will hit monsters before you reduce their resistances

one more thing: ToW and squall don't stack.. and i think there is no way you don't get squall

oh well.. i get that you want to try different things though..... so go for it

and yep, total damage doesn't increase retaliation damage
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2019, 21:19:54 »
Best way to boost retaliation dmg is reduced enemies resistances. Using  RR effect by absolute is better than by %. Sapros, Winds of Asphodel is the best legendary items with RR effect to help you lower enemies resistances.
Retaliation damage scales with player level , the bonus is proportional to the square of the player level : retaliationDamageDV * (1+ ((characterLevelDV^2) / 1250)).
Intelligence cannot increase retaliation damage (it will increase lightning damage and electrical burn damage, but not the corresponding retaliation damage).

The following can improve the damage :
1/ Increasing your level
2/ + X% total damage
3/ + X% electrical burn retaliation (this is theoretical, nothing in the game provides this kind of bonus for the player)
3b/ + X% electrical burn retaliation duration (theoretical, doesn't exist)
4/ reducing the monsters resistances : this may prove the most efficient way to boost your damage (mind that the monsters get increased resistances when going into Epic and Legendary, respectively 15% and 30%). I suppose you're already using Trance of Wrath.
5/ equipping more pieces of armor, because each time you are hit in melee (retaliation doesn't work against distant attacks), the game determines a piece of armor that is hit, and if this piece has retaliation, then it may be triggered. So if all your armors are equipped, you are sure that the blow will land on an armor with retaliation. So if youre are using 4 pieces of armor with albino web, any melee hit has 35% to trigger the retaliation (if you have only one piece of armor, it's 35/4% chance).
6/ you can use different kinds of retaliation damage (albino webs may get a bonus with piercing retaliation) to help against monsters that resist lightning, and also use reflect damage that works against all types of attacks.
- +% total dmg or +% specific dmg type doesn't boost retaliation, , but there is a torso armor that increase physical and pierce retaliation dmg by % (part of new Set in Atlantis).
- % to procs retaliation dmg is not the same with % to hit the armor pieces. More armor pieces has the same retaliation values (or reflect %dmg) will stacked, but not all procs stacked, like you will have A% to deal retaliation dmg of 1st relic, and B% (smaller than A) to deal retaliation dmg of 2nd relic, then C% (smaller than B) to deal total retaliation dmg of both 1st and 2nd relic.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2019, 19:31:10 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2019, 18:44:29 »
- +% total dmg or +% specific dmg type doesn't boost retaliation.
I thought it did (this bonus name is really misleading). I can't find any official wiki or official source on this, so I guess you tested it.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2019, 18:51:12 by soa »
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2019, 18:53:41 »
- +% total dmg or +% specific dmg type doesn't boost retaliation.
I thought it did (this bonus name is really misleading). I can't find any official wiki or official source on this, so I guess you tested it.
Yes, i tested it. +% total dmg or +% specific dmg type doesn't boost retaliation dmg, but there is a torso armor that increase physical and pierce retaliation dmg by % (part of new Set in Atlantis).
 + E.g: +%total dmg, +%elemental dmg, +% Lightning dmg, +% Electrical Burn dmg doesn't boost Retaliation Electrical Burn Dmg.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2019, 19:30:35 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2019, 18:57:09 »
I found a video about retaliation damage. Maybe it can answer some questions (or raise more because they don't seem to agree on everything).

« Last Edit: 06 December 2019, 19:21:14 by soa »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06 December 2019, 19:25:04 »
I found a video about retaliation damage. Maybe it can answer some questions.

You don't know that since Atlantis release, game has new "Show all dmg" feature, right?
Wasted of time for that "proof". New "show all dmg" feature is far useful than before to testing something in game.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2019, 19:35:50 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 06 December 2019, 23:58:57 »
You don't know that since Atlantis release, game has new "Show all dmg" feature, right?
Wasted of time for that "proof". New "show all dmg" feature is far useful than before to testing something in game.
Of course I know that. Actually I was more referring to the comments of the video. It's more food for thoughts, I haven't extensively tested this and verified who is right. I'm still looking for a more precise source of information on this matter.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal