Author Topic: One Class, Two Different Builds  (Read 3301 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
One Class, Two Different Builds
« on: 20 November 2018, 23:15:09 »
It's TQ appreciation day.

This is one  area where TQ separates itself from other games imo. A class doesn't determine what build you are going to make. You choose how you build it based on your imagination. And fortunately, i have 2 characters to show this. Two characters with same class but different builds.

why does greatest monster killed say Ormenos-Telkine instead of Typhon? was it because i was too far away from Typhon(x3) when i killed them? regardless, the quest completed.

And dreamkiller isn't even limited to these 2 builds. This is the beauty of TQ. The sky's the limit.

Obviously this isn't meant to be a guide. In fact, i don't recommend either of the builds because both require advanced knowledge of the game. But just to highlight the differences of the 2 builds, I'll try to explain each build in few short sentences. Both are played xmax x3 as usual. The 2 armors shown are blacksmith upgraded. CC is great for both builds.

The first character is a trapper/caster. Throwing knife is used for CC, resistance reduction, life leech and energy leech. Resistance reduction (-40 flat) to boost just about everything, including traps. Strength to boost distortion wave and to equip a shield. No weapon attacks, just traps, throwing knife, and distortion wave.

The second character is a poison elemental archer/trapper. It relies on elemental conversion items. This is even harder to gear. No pet jewelries, no throwing knife, no str.

Spoiler for Hiden:
first build better.. just tricky to build because of stat distribution.. those 5 deaths all came from normal.. second is just too glassy it's as tough as paper
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: One Class, Two Different Builds
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2018, 07:50:13 »
Indeed, it's part of what makes the game so much fun.   :)

And Grim Dawn builds on that diversity, that's one of the devs' aim - to keep build diversity high when they add another mastery to the collection.

Tags: dreamkiller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal