Author Topic: Ragnarok Question  (Read 5279 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torcer

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Ragnarok Question
« on: 25 January 2019, 10:13:18 »
I bought Ragnarok when it first came out, but never played it as I have it disabled. I used the excuse of buying the DLC to send some money to THQ Nordic as appreciation for the upkeep of the game. While I still do not want to play Ragnarok, the fact that Ragnarok content is forced upon you even though you cannot use it bothers me. So my questions are as follows.

How has everyone been finding Ragnarok?
Is there any notable new equipment for masteries aside from Rune that were added?
Are throwing weapons one or two handed?
How is the Rune mastery itself? It looks intuitive.
How long is the new content, and does it fit with the story well enough?
For anyone having played through Ragnarok, given the option, would you play without it?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ragnarok Question
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2019, 13:55:01 »
I've found it to be a mixed bag. At first I thought rune mastery was monsterously overpowered, but I've come to realize that it's actually alright especially considering the con which is its minute hp gain at lvl 32. The one problem for me is that it has too many skillpoint sinks compared to other classes, and with the extra levels from ragnarok it can make you quite powerful, whereas a different combination would simply have no way to spend the points. I do like most of the skills in it though and I found throwing weapons fun to use. What I don't like is the imbalanced amount of throwing weapon drops. now, I'm not sure if these drops overwrite the "normal" drops, as far as I can tell I think they are seperate from them, and it feels like the devs are pushing their new class/exp pack a bit much.

The items in ragnarok are good for a range of classes, they do mostly focus on rune matery but Freyjas set for example would be ahppily used by any int based elemental caster. And they do offer some interesting option as well, for example one of the helmets offers phys to ele conversion, and one of the relic does too, combined its 1005 conersion so you could technically make an int based sage/avenger which I find pretty cool. Throwing weapons are one handed and they can be dual wielded.

Act 5 is long, boy is it looooooong. I really wish they'd cut down on it I found A4 to be a bit too long but A5 is on another level, it's about act 1 and 2 combined I would say maybe even longer. I actually had to find a way to speed the game up beyond very fast because I just couldnt take it anymore, the story itself is typical and fits well enough, I don't think there is any glaring difference between the previous content.

TL:DR; I enjoy playing with ragnarok, mostly because of the rune mastery but also some of the interesting items. Though it kind of makes me wish they had rebalanced all the items because A5 items are just so good, nothing in A1-3 compares to them at all. Some A4 items are still really good though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2019, 15:36:36 »
What I don't like is the imbalanced amount of throwing weapon drops. now, I'm not sure if these drops overwrite the "normal" drops, as far as I can tell I think they are seperate from them, and it feels like the devs are pushing their new class/exp pack a bit much.
Someone somewhere around here explained the issue with thrown weapons drops, it has nothing intentional in it of course. Because the pool of these weapons is very small, you see that many of them drop.

I should separate anniversary game and Ragnarok, which I'm not used to do. Anniversary changes are almost all positive. These are mostly bugfixing and balancing. Community asked for them and Nordic delivered. Very little to complain about. Some build went extinct, but these were overpowered broken ones, and then there are several times more that became viable.

Ragnarok expansion is mixed, there was some effort put in, but not consistently, probably due to financial limitations and mismanagement. Its lower quality than the original game and IT, and its balance was screwed. Its very long which can be good or bad, depending on how you see it.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=547.0
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=701.0

Would I be playing without it? No. New content is what has drawn me back into it in the first place.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2019, 17:11:21 »
How has everyone been finding Ragnarok?

Im start to enjoy it, it have some beautifull landscape and dungeons, the music is super great in most of areas, plenty of bosses, its good, Atlast its something new for this game, with is needed

Is there any notable new equipment for masteries aside from Rune that were added?

Yes they are a few.

Are throwing weapons one or two handed?

They are one handed, but you can use dual throw weapon, our throw weapon plus a shield, it attack faster than bow but lesser range

How is the Rune mastery itself? It looks intuitive.

Its somelike dream it a hybrid class with more focus on elemental dmg.

How long is the new content, and does it fit with the story well enough?

Its huge about 2x our 3x lenght of act 1, you start ar corinth then celtic lands and ends at the realm of fire giants. Very huge

For anyone having played through Ragnarok, given the option, would you play without it?

it depends, because with ragnarok most of mods dont work duo of new things. Aside that, Ragnarok gives plenty good alternatives, you can start at lv 40 right away, new mastery and so on
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2019, 19:52:46 »
i agree with everything that is said here.. it really is a mixed bag and act 5 is very long.. i may be in the minority that i don't mind that it's long.. i also thought rune was OP at first but when i played with it with a few chars, it's just ok

i wanted to post the 2 links mammoth posted but i got ninja'd.. I'll add this instead

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=746.msg7481#msg7481

there are OP items for sure but because of all these new items, new possible builds have been opened up.. and that's a plus for me so it's not all bad
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2019, 21:29:50 »
Ragnarok also added valuable blue items and they have to be considered when building your gear.
Furthermore, some of them have now proc effects and this give another dimension in my opinion. Too bad there are few of these effects.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2019, 16:06:14 »
Ragnarok also added valuable blue items and they have to be considered when building your gear.
Furthermore, some of them have now proc effects and this give another dimension in my opinion. Too bad there are few of these effects.
Some of them are very good, but some of them are bugged too, even don't work, may be its cause by the developer.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2019, 18:31:51 »
Some of them are very good, but some of them are bugged too, even don't work, may be its cause by the developer.
fafnir's teeth.. i don't see any bone splinters proc.. i remember i was about to say this on my mage summoner thread

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=695.0

but after rereading, i see i didn't.. so now I'm not sure

that said, many ragnarok blues are just as good or even better than act 1-4 purple items
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2019, 12:39:56 »
yep yep.. i tested fafnir's teeth again and no bone splinters.. sometimes there is a chukuk sound but it does nothing but chukuk sound.. no additional projectiles and no noticeable additional damage

but why did i not say it in my thread?  ???

edit: this is what it says in the description:

Grants skill: Bone Splinters (Activated on attack)
5 Projectile(s)
98 Physical Damage
54 Piercing Damage
3% Reduction to Enemy's Health

it doesn't work
« Last Edit: 27 January 2019, 12:45:38 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2019, 12:58:17 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #10 on: 27 January 2019, 13:28:39 »
In that case, a dedicated thread to current bugs found in game should be opened.

Endymion already created a patch fixing some bugs. I wouldn't like to add pressure on him in feeding his thread. Thanks to him for his patch.
Maybe TQ devs come here and check identified bugs, who knows ?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal