Author Topic: Old Vet, returning player question, keep gear moving to expansion?  (Read 2559 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Unpossible42

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Hello!

My friend and I play TQ a lot back in the mid-2000s, and we just discovered all the expansion on steam, so we dived in and bought 'em all!

I have a question though...

I see you can create a level 40 character that comes with a modest amount of gold and all the skill points, but there's no gear (I understand I can buy from merchants).

It was a little difficult jumping in to a level 40 character after having not played the game for nearly 12+ years.

If we start all over from level 1, do you get to keep the gear you earned from the original game, or do you lose it all in the expansion anyhow?

Thank you for the help.

Not Yet Rated!

Online Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Welcome to the forum.  :)

If you still have your save files somewhere then theoretically you should be able to put them in the save folder and the game should import them into the new version.  That would bring their gear and any stashed items with them.  If you start a new character then any gear in the transfer stash should be available to them.

Note that cloud saving doesn't really work well with the game so turn that off in both the Steam settings and the ingame Options menu and use local saves only.  These will/should be in My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest Immortal Thronea\SaveData

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Unpossible42

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Thank you very much.

So, starting with a level 40 character into the expansion with only a handful of gold is a serious disadvantage then.

I have tried several different classes and it has been quite difficult to get going without dying constantly on Normal mode.

I guess I'll have to replay the original then, lol.

Thank you!

Not Yet Rated!

Online Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Thing is with an Accomplished Hero you can't go back to Helos and play from there without using multiplayer to get someone who's unlocked that portal to play with you and portal there to activate the rebirth fountain in town.  It's designed so you skip that content effectively.  While having the points from quests is a help not having/finding decent gear at the start tends to put most people off playing them. 

Better to just forget about that and start the game as normal with an L1 character in Helos

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal