Author Topic: [MOD] LootPlus - More Loot, Better Stuff  (Read 70214 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: [MOD] LootPlus - More Loot, Better Stuff
« Reply #30 on: 14 August 2019, 01:20:03 »
Hope you keep [...] updating after the new updates - they will probably  come.

Thanks, and don't worry, I will.
To the best of my abilities, I still haven't fixed the Pet Attack Skill issue in LootPlus  >:(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: 28 September 2019, 16:46:09 »
Thank you very much for this mod. I just installed it and played through Atlantis the second time and it was a completely different feeling. It felt like someone finally fixed the game. :D
I love it that heroes can now drop stuff and boss chests/orbs finally contain something better than just yellow garbage.

Now if THQ managed to fix the restless dropped items bug we could finally see all items that drop...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Magilla

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 25 November 2019, 11:45:17 »
Hello. Noob question here: Can I install Database replacer version of the mod to non-STEAM (GOG) version of Titan Quest? Or is this strictly a Steam related option? thx

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 29 November 2019, 00:29:24 »
Hello. Noob question here: Can I install Database replacer version of the mod to non-STEAM (GOG) version of Titan Quest? Or is this strictly a Steam related option? thx
Sorry for the late reply (internet problems). But yes, you can use it in the GOG version and I actually do so myself.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Iceciro

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #34 on: 08 March 2020, 05:06:49 »
Since you've gone through and made this mod (which I appreciate, but is a little much for me) - Do you know of a simple way to just remove Broken Items from drop lists, or is it something where I'd have to do it for every loot pile? I'd like to make monsters harder and I used to do this with the Defiler, but that doesn't work now, of course. And removing Broken items from the drop lists seems to marginally increase all the other loot, since they're weighted so heavily?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 08 March 2020, 12:17:18 »
Since you've gone through and made this mod (which I appreciate, but is a little much for me) - Do you know of a simple way to just remove Broken Items from drop lists, or is it something where I'd have to do it for every loot pile? I'd like to make monsters harder and I used to do this with the Defiler, but that doesn't work now, of course. And removing Broken items from the drop lists seems to marginally increase all the other loot, since they're weighted so heavily?

I just noticed this recently as I went through the files for something different, but removing broken items is actually incredibly easy.
In xpack/game/gameengine.dbr under "Randomizer Weights", you can just set all broken entries to 0 and be done with it.

I haven't tested that myself yet, but I'm fairly sure that's all it takes.

EDIT:
Alright, I tested it, and it works to some degree, but a few broken items still remain.
If you want to make enemies more challenging, I'd recommend lowering the noPrefixNoSuffixModifierCommon (I cut it from 800 to 80 and the difference was...painful) to raise the amount of magic items they're carrying.

And I'm not sure id it's useful to modify the base game's gameengine.dbr as well, I was under the impression it's overwritten by the xpack one, but I'm not entirely sure.
« Last Edit: 08 March 2020, 14:36:08 by Lavendarjosh »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Iceciro

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 09 March 2020, 03:23:42 »
Oh man, adjusting up Common, Single Prefix, and Dual Prefix and 0'ing out broken seems to be working perfectly to purge 95% of broken items from the game.

Is there any risk in setting these up high of making the monsters never drop MIs or blues/purples, or is that something that's handled in a sense by the monster drops on an individual level (replacing whatever else they'd carry)?

I really, really appreciate your rapid response and help on this - it's pretty much exactly what the wife and I were looking for. More aggressively equipped mobs are tougher.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 09 March 2020, 10:36:47 »
Is there any risk in setting these up high of making the monsters never drop MIs or blues/purples, or is that something that's handled in a sense by the monster drops on an individual level (replacing whatever else they'd carry)?
MIs and uniques are handled per monster, so they're decided on before your adjustments come into play. But should get a nice increase of green items.
Anyway, great to hear that worked out for you.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2020, 10:52:24 by Lavendarjosh »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline parsetdx

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #38 on: 13 March 2020, 03:37:39 »
Sorry for the late reply (internet problems). But yes, you can use it in the GOG version and I actually do so myself.

I wanted to continue the noob theme - new to TQAE here.  The above answered most of my question in that I can use the database replacer for my GOG version.  The additional question I have is that my GOG version is 2.9 MP Hotfix and your version references 2.8a.  Can I still use this database replacer for my game version?  Last question - is it easy to remove if I feel it makes the game too unbalanced (i.e., no impact to the actual saves themselves right)?  Thanks!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 13 March 2020, 16:01:25 »
The additional question I have is that my GOG version is 2.9 MP Hotfix and your version references 2.8a.  Can I still use this database replacer for my game version?  Last question - is it easy to remove if I feel it makes the game too unbalanced (i.e., no impact to the actual saves themselves right)?  Thanks!

The database replacer should not mess up the game, but it will of course revert any changes the update made to the vanilla database.
Going back to the vanilla database is no problem at all, as the mod does not affect anything that is saved with the character, only the current session.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline pietvandamoos

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 05 May 2020, 12:19:48 »
Hello, Just registered to thank you for this mod :)
I m a an old player of TT but a little noob in informatics...
My question is what the difference is between the database replacer and the non workshop one? are they complementary or 2 different versions? (really sorry if it's a stupid question ^^) and what are their effects separetly?
I had install correctly the first one, easy to replace database ^^ but i don't know where to copy the files of the non worshop zip
Can you tell me?
Thanks again!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 05 May 2020, 16:30:46 »
@pietvandamoos
The effects of both versions are the same, but the non-workshop version has to be activated every time before starting a game with your character, while the database replacer is active right from the start. So if you use the replacer, you don't have to use the non-workshop version on top of that. But the files would go here: [USER]\Documents\my games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\CustomMaps. Just copy the whole folder there.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline pietvandamoos

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 05 May 2020, 17:35:27 »
Thanks for quick answer!
I just began new games with only the replacer and it seems to work well

Thank you again for this mod and your work, good continuation ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline brabe

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 06 June 2020, 12:21:05 »
Hi,

i got 2 questions

1) How can i edit this file? i tried notepad++, but it seems not right. I wantet to compare to the original one.

2) Can it be possible, that hades was forgotten? I tried 10 runs and i had 0 blue items. The tressures and so on work fine to me.

Thx for the mod and the help

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Lavendarjosh

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 06 June 2020, 20:27:23 »
@brabe
1) You will need to extract the .arz file first, for example with ArzExtractor.
2) That's odd. I checked it and it should work as intended, the files are present and the values modded.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal