Author Topic: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development  (Read 34961 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development
« Reply #15 on: 14 April 2021, 20:33:15 »
It is in the xpack2/creatures/automatoi assets and not used in game. The animation needed a callback point to do anything, as is it's just an emote. So I added a callback point and some sound callbacks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #16 on: 14 April 2021, 20:52:10 »
oh right! I complety forget Mimer Drone is a automaton ah

His Buff_self_skill looks like hes gonna to explode, kinda like denotate bomb , sounds cool! Yhea some monsters have a cool emotes that can be used for skill animation, like the boarman.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 14 April 2021, 21:04:13 »
Something I've wanted to do for several years was a Caltrops skill for Rogue. However, finding a mesh without making one from scratch really daunted me and kept me from a satisfying result, But I remembered the little gold pyramid that the Greek Telkine throws to summon those Limos so I decided to use that.

I created a Caltrops skill that does pierce, bleeding and slow run speed damage. Using the projectile mine template I was able to get them to sit in wait for a monster to tread on them. No cooldown so they're eminently spammable, but a pretty high energy cost for the Rogue mastery lol

Behold!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 16 April 2021, 04:58:27 »
Made my first new artifact for this mod today: the files...all the files AHHHHH!

Changed the XP equation so that low levels get -10%xp and at level 50 (like early epic) it's normal and at level 99 it's 125% of normal, so that will help get to 100 (max in this mod). All masteries have 100 levels so you can dump extra points there. Boy, that equation work really overheated my old brain...found an algebra equation calculator online to help.

Removed the spiders from Rogue and added Shadowlurkers:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2021, 10:40:06 »
Level 100? Can we break through level 85? Really?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2021, 15:36:26 »
Oh, I don't really know I suppose. It would still be just crazy grinding. I would never do it.

But the game files are set up to go to lvl 100 for the mod, it's a pretty simple setting once you know where it is.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2021, 19:53:08 »
Figured out a way to get my new level 1 skill for Storm to spring from the hand instead of the ground, used the AttackSpellChaos template and just increased the headVelocity and tailVelocity parameters to make it quicker than Lich King's basic attack that uses the same template. Also just repurposed chain lightning's texture.

The skill does 1/3 the damage of lightning bolt but costs the same energy. No cooldown, though so it's a wash.

Behold!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2021, 23:22:56 »
Oh, I don't really know I suppose. It would still be just crazy grinding. I would never do it.

But the game files are set up to go to lvl 100 for the mod, it's a pretty simple setting once you know where it is.

If you're using records/creature/pc/playerlevels.dbr then it's broken since Ragnarok or so.
It seems they have hardcoded a cap at level 85.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1333.msg15324#msg15324
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 17 April 2021, 02:32:29 »

If you're using records/creature/pc/playerlevels.dbr then it's broken since Ragnarok or so.
It seems they have hardcoded a cap at level 85.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1333.msg15324#msg15324

Oh, that was why they posted that.

Huh. Well, there ya go...guess the max level is capped at 85.

Man, you gotta wonder why the devs do that. It was only in mods that it was even an issue.

At least with the original version there were ways around things like the locked files like monstergamebalanceattributes.dbr, you could just add a file to every monster, it was tedious but at least it could be done at all.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #24 on: 17 April 2021, 11:07:45 »
I guess it was a lame manoeuver to prevent non-Ragnarok users to reach level 85 with mods.
But they could just code that if you don't own Ragnarok then you're stuck at lvl 75, and don't put any hard cap for Ragnarok users.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #25 on: 17 April 2021, 14:19:06 »
I like the new lightning skill!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 17 April 2021, 15:19:07 »
Thank you rakshir. It probably is imbalanced, but my mods never are balanced. It IS really fun though...zap zap zap lol

It's comments like those that remind me that if it wasn't for this forum, I probably wouldn't even play this game. But it keeps my love alive.

Yeah @soa, I was thinking about how easy it is to cheat with mods in this game.

I dropped a nude skin in my install directory years ago so I don't have to include it in my mod to use it. Its pretty easy to do as far as mods to a game.

I just don't care. I mean, I could just use the console commands.

For those not familiar with them: Type the ~ character in game, then type game.incrementLevel then hit enter. If you want to repeat the last command, use the up arrow to scroll to it and hit enter again. Instant levels. Also works with game.incrementSkill. I do this all the time to quickly get skill points to test new skills. Hit the ~ key again to go back to playing.

One thing that hasn't change in my 40 years of gaming is the greed for money. I remember jumping up from games of "Donkey Kong" at the local pizza restaurant yelling "That barrel never touched me! What a rip-off!" then plunking another coin in lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 17 April 2021, 21:33:14 »
Changed the skill modifier for Runemaster's Runic Mines to a projectile modifier that creates fragments. The damage modifiers are the same with the frostburn and freeze.

I did the same with Rogue's Caltrops skill, which I renamed to "Tribolos" when I learned that Ancient Greece HAD caltrops and that's what they called 'em. Cool.

Rogue's skill tree is full now lol, that's AFTER I implemented the expanded skill tree template that soa and nargil66 gave me :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 19 April 2021, 20:23:31 »
Had an idea rattling around in my head. Instead of Ordnance which I never used except for the torso for the skill and +skills...what if instead you could craft a relic that had +skills and an item skill. Probably for torso armor only.

What do you think? A little crafting but it doesn't lock in your choice for armor except it has to accept relics, so uniques are out.

Maybe it could go on amulets instead. Or craft an amulet instead of a relic that had a tinkerer suffix. Is there a must have amulet in TQ? Usually the ammy slot is to fill in resistances in my experience.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 19 April 2021, 20:53:57 »
Relic sounds like a neat idea. Amulet is better than torso I think, since there are more build specific torsos than amulets. But I'm not an expert, since I rarely reach higher difficulties.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal