Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 269090 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Deities Mod - Development Thread
« Reply #405 on: 09 November 2018, 14:07:41 »
Thanks, Mausi :)

Reworked the lampads base skin today. Here is the new concept:

I hope it isn't looking too dark or evil, they just come from Hades...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #406 on: 09 November 2018, 15:38:48 »
Looks awesome! The dark looks nice, kinda looks like Dark Elves from the Forgotten Realms.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: 09 November 2018, 15:41:35 »
Thanks! Here they are ingame - more pale and ghostly:

Now remains to rework their skills.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2018, 06:35:03 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: 10 November 2018, 11:13:15 »
A couple of reworked skills:

Scourge of Phlegethon - skill that replaces the old Life Drain used by lampades. Deals flat fire and vitality, %health reduction and massive % Damage converted to Health. Phlegethon is the River of Flame in Hades.

Found a nice projectile for Chaos Bolt - Hecate's version of ice shards or throwing knives, dealing elemental and vitality damage. This is actually Liche King's Soulblight projectile. I think it fits good with Hecate's color theme.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #409 on: 10 November 2018, 16:37:01 »
Miss Deiti arrived in Thebes. She unskilled her toy boy because he was too weak and she can do without him ... But now she has the dragon, who supports her with the bosses. What I've noticed is that I do not have a single recipe for an artifact yet ... that's very unusual ... Or a bug?

Scourge of Phlegethon and Chaos Bolt looks very nice... :)
« Last Edit: 10 November 2018, 16:39:47 by Mausi »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: 10 November 2018, 18:42:09 »
Hey Mausi, about artifact recipes, maybe just unlucky i guess... i never had a problem finding them with the mod.
Do you think the spartoi are weak in general? And how do you rate the dragon's performance?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #411 on: 10 November 2018, 18:53:40 »
Really unlucky with the recipes... :-[

I don`t think the spartoi is too weak in general, but i must spend too much points in it, and must wear pet gear like a real petmaster and i don`t play Miss Deiti as a petmaster...She can handle the game without the spartoi atm...I will skill him when i have points for it (because we may have to wait longer for the other materies...?), then i can see if it`s good...
But i like the dragon, he is really strong against the bosses like Masika and other questbosses, very helpful. The duration is good, it shouldn`t be longer otherwise the pet is too good...I have it on level 1 and its good atm...

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #412 on: 11 November 2018, 15:51:26 »
Thanks Mausi. If you notice any unbalance in more late game, let me know.

Latest tweaks on Hecate:
The Hecaterion (summonable triple idol of Hecate) is out of the tree. Empusa is taking its place as a temporary summon, to carry some of the bonuses from vanilla Spirit Totem and Dark Covenant. I like buff pets that are mobile :P The statue itself i think will fit well in the Agora of Hecate near Plains of Judgement, just for immersive purposes.
Lampads will stay at 2 summon limit max. In legends, a magic circle requires at least 3 sorcerers, but the player can be considered being the third.
Most of the lampad skills are done. They get Mists of Cocytus aura at lvl 9 (Slow, Frostburn, Energy Leech) and Song of Lethe at Max lvl (Radius debuff that can cause sleep, confusion or skill deisruption) Remains to make their second modifier skill, Curse of Acheron, but im still not sure how to represent pain as a debuff. I can use some ideas on that.

Edit: Muahahah! Found a way for the lampades to drain life from undead (indirectly). Reworked their Mists of Cocytus aura again. Instead of energy leech and frosburn it now does flat negative health and energy regen (-25 Health/Energy per second on max level). The good thing is nothing can counter it, except positive regen, and i think undead doesn't have any health regen.

Edit2: Continuing on lampades - my favorite pets at the moment.
I extracted corrupted rogue's sounds from Diablo 2, i hope they fit well for dark nymphs. Still compiling them.

« Last Edit: 12 November 2018, 03:10:27 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #413 on: 12 November 2018, 13:04:24 »
All new lampad sounds added. I tweaked their Bane of Styx attack to Charged Finale like Calculated strike and addeed the jump AoE animation from Underlord to it, just for cooler looks.

Here is a spoiler :P:

Quality is still bad, sorry for that.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: 12 November 2018, 15:45:00 »
All new lampad sounds added. I tweaked their Bane of Styx attack to Charged Finale like Calculated strike and addeed the jump AoE animation from Underlord to it, just for cooler looks.

Here is a spoiler :P:

Quality is still bad, sorry for that.
Hello Nargil!
I havent interacted with the community in 2 months(or more,I dont know).I did followed the progress though.I also played the pre-alpha/demo version a little bit.Ares mastery is indeed promising and I havent encountered any bugs yet.I am going for a dual-wield spartoi squad build.About your question on Youtube,I think you should change the color(of the torches)to something gohstly.I belive this will fit with the class,since Hecate is supposed to be calm and clever,an ether like color will give a feeling of tranquility(you can also use it for auras).Just my opinion.Regardless,you can not leave it on default.It doesnt fit with the skins.And,after all,Lampads dont use earthly weapons,right?

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #415 on: 12 November 2018, 18:15:32 »
Yes! Thank you for this idea, it really looks better:

I settled with a compromise variant, ghostly-elemental. There is a rule when making a color painting, to leave a little bit of the opposite color as an accent - otherwise everything will look the same. That's why i left some orange on the top. Their basic attack deals physical, elemental and vitality decay, so i thing this fits :)
Edit: Now that im looking again, i have to fix second torch fire position, i keep delaying it.
Edit2: Fixed.
« Last Edit: 12 November 2018, 20:53:39 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #416 on: 13 November 2018, 16:57:07 »
Continuing the work on perfecting my favorite summons ^^
Hecate is a very complex goddess, as are most of the triple goddesses in different pagan religions. She is the darkness, which creates light, the cycle of birth, death and rebirth... keeper of the three realms - underworld, mortal world and heavens... no surprise she was respected so much.
I digged some more on the Youtube, and came across a gorgeous hymn of praise to Hecate, performed by a woman named Sorita D'Este (i wont post it here, but you can search for it). I loved it so much, that i directly turned fragments to voices for the lampades:

Finally their voices are not evil, nor too sweet like the vanilla nymph.
Sorry again for the awful sound. Murphy's Law i guess.

« Last Edit: 13 November 2018, 20:08:04 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: 13 November 2018, 17:45:09 »
Nice! This voice will be perfect for Act 4.

Edit:Are you planing on updating the alpha demo with another mastery?You dont need to do that in order to spot game-breaking bugs though.I am just asking.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2018, 17:47:55 by mvlad954 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #418 on: 13 November 2018, 19:44:34 »
By the way,I think I have found a bug...or maybe two.

Bug1:Hoplite training is the skill for dual wielding,right?I have maxed out the skill and can not dual wield.Im currently level 8.Im not sure if this is a bug.Am I doing something wrong?

Bug2:When I try to command my spartoi to attack an enemy he wont move or he would go,but after 3 steps he comes back.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: 13 November 2018, 20:01:38 »
Edit:Are you planing on updating the alpha demo with another mastery?You dont need to do that in order to spot game-breaking bugs though.I am just asking.
-
Bug1:Hoplite training is the skill for dual wielding,right?I have maxed out the skill and can not dual wield.Im currently level 8.Im not sure if this is a bug.Am I doing something wrong?
-
Bug2:When I try to command my spartoi to attack an enemy he wont move or he would go,but after 3 steps he comes back.

> About updating the demo, i probably will. I think it's better to share on the moment than delay.
> Ares tree was changed, there is no dual wield skill in it. Dual Wield passives will be moved to Hermes (and maybe Hecate will have a single dual wield skill like Reckless Offence). For Ares, try using sword/spear + shield, you will still have skills that hit miltiple enemies.
> Spartoi bug - i'm not sure what is causing it in your case, but maybe its teh controller. Try switching them to aggressive mode and tell me if it fixes it.
Thanks for trying the mod btw :)
« Last Edit: 13 November 2018, 20:03:11 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal