Author Topic: [AE 1.5.7 theory] Weapon Diviner  (Read 8535 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[AE 1.5.7 theory] Weapon Diviner
« on: 16 August 2018, 10:40:26 »
Realised this character of mine didn't have a thread yet.

The reason why is that really it doesn't need one. Just going with the flow, not following any strict build, it sailed through Epic. Now in Legendary it seems to need more time to kill mobs than my other characters, but on the other hand is incredibly sturdy. I just facetanked Legendary Polyphemus. The stats look terrible, but stats are actually quite useless on this build; because it get some much of its damage from debuffs and Psionic Touch's staged trigger, and has a lot of life leech, the offensive as well as the defensive stats give no reliable impression of this character's performance at all.

I was going for this skillpoint distribution, with a basic 3:2 Strength:Dexterity ratio. However, I have recently been discussing going full hybrid with @botebote77 . Considering how much electrical burn damage and vitality damage this build puts out, even as a side effect, it should benefit immensely from some investment in Intelligence. I'd say the cut-off point would be something like 440 Strength for Hades' Aspis, and 316 Dexterity for the Sword of Covu, which in turn would leave you at around 382 Intelligence, also because the rather large amount of Intelligence you get from both masteries. It'd probably mean I could also max out Distort Reality, and Temporal Rift too, instead of one-pointing them. The downsides are I wouldn't be able to equip that Abyssal Plate I found casually on a Laconian Satyr (lol!), and that 316 Dexterity might result in too little OA/DA for a weapon using build.

Finally I tend to keep a throwing weapon in my secondary weapon slot, then came across this beauty yesterday:

Spoiler for Hiden:

It looks just perfect for this build!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [AE 1.5.7 theory] Weapon Diviner
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2018, 12:15:28 »
who is this botebote77 steering you to a hybrid lelz >:D

nah I've seen a hybrid diviner before somewhere.. flat vit is good and that weapon has it.. i guess that can be your main now.. your items are not very good yet but it will come.. get some %stat items, those are the key for hybrids.. green rings are good.. also, i remember a good amulet for that is a green with high %vit damage affix.. can't remember the affix
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2018, 13:36:23 »
Spoiler for Hiden:

I think it can roll as high as 100%. And as low as 30%

I had a melee vitality diviner back in IT time. With 400 something strength to Hades aspis and a few more items for physical damage, so true hybrid, and it could have been a big part of his success. Also 500 or 600 int with Marduk's tablet of destiny. Back then there were no absorbing mobs and deathchill was the ultimate solution to any vitality resistance.

Right now I made a ternion vitality diviner because that is what is supposed to be meta for vitality damage, and I had no idea how it plays. Vitality is like poison and bleed and has its own roadblock in the form of constructs and devices. Undead just have high vit resistance, vulnerable to deathchill.

Vitality damage can be absurd powerful with items like above and buff/debuff in spirit mastery, and it scales well with int. But you have to have something for constructs. Physical and electric burn may do but still encounters will be tedious. With just electric burn it was ok in epic but for legendary I had to keep fingerbone of Boreas on swap. There are full areas of constructs, bosses, and main quests are gated behind some. Megalesios statues, Pharaoh Guard. Talos. Mimer's maze, terracottas.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2018, 14:37:01 »
that's it dreadful.. and wew dreadful of feasting
melee hybrid has physical damage so it should be good against constructs

also, Laionidas, farm for SB cuffs legendary.. it's not that hard to find in labyrinth.. socket with primal magma.. both epic and legendary versions have 35% standard completion bonus.. it's fire damage but i presume you'll get int now.. that's way better than rogues bracers.. finally get some life steal.. necrosis boosts life steal by almost double

SB cuffs + moros wish and you can say goodbye to that artifact
« Last Edit: 16 August 2018, 14:41:23 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2018, 18:18:34 »
Yeah, lol, that artifact is there untill I can craft something else anyway. I should have the Crosier of Osiris available soon, then I hope to find Marduk's Tablet of Destiny or Lyre of Apollo, and if I can't get that: Morpheus' Dreamweb.

I just arrived at the Legendary Gorgons, and they're easy enough to deal with, so I did five quick runs. One run granted me not one, but two Stonebinder's,.. Sash  ::)

Oh well, better luck tomorrow.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2018, 20:10:53 »
i did 100 runs there in the past.. not one SB cuffs dropped  ;D

https://www.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/60sr7r/stonebinders_cuffs/