Author Topic: TQ.net members  (Read 26826 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: TQ.net members
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2017, 13:01:02 »
Indeed!

Toghter we will rebuild our place!

Our place

Our Home

:D
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2017, 13:35:03 »
..You are welcome to help us with forum

Sure thing, what sort of things need doing? I could/would love to create some kool TQ artwork or icons for the page/forum, perhaps a banner for the title?

Just let me know  ;)  Of course, i'll be spreading the word as much as I can too.

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2017, 13:47:13 »
..You are welcome to help us with forum

Sure thing, what sort of things need doing? I could/would love to create some kool TQ artwork or icons for the page/forum, perhaps a banner for the title?

Just let me know  ;)  Of course, i'll be spreading the word as much as I can too.
We will need all that things. I'm as well in gfx for very long, organizing competitions for different games since 2014.  This year I was working with friend on new forum, still remaining some things to be done http://pecs.byethost7.com/index.php?action=forum
Half of boards are not visible for guests, and some for new members there.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #18 on: 24 October 2017, 18:31:23 »
Hey everyone!

I didn't realize how much I came to rely on the forum feedback so now I just get stuck for days in dev of v2 of LoC.

I guess I can't have the D'ohist Mage for my avatar now?

Not Yet Rated!

Online Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 24 October 2017, 20:59:41 »
Hey Prosoro, Benitot and Cygi, good to see you here.  Prosoro had you been on the TQ.net forum recently?  Or the Grim Dawn TQ.net site thread?  I pulled most of the names from that thread and only those who I remembered as being on TQ.net fairly regularly in the last few months.  So apologies if you were and I missed you. 

efko, I'll try and come up with a basic list of how the forum was laid out.  Don't think I have any screenshots of it, but I'll check. 

Edit: efko, found these archived.  https://archive.is/7aR9p, https://archive.is/x9WbF
« Last Edit: 24 October 2017, 21:22:59 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 24 October 2017, 21:22:25 »
Hey everyone!

I didn't realize how much I came to rely on the forum feedback so now I just get stuck for days in dev of v2 of LoC.

I guess I can't have the D'ohist Mage for my avatar now?

ahah!

nice to see you around here bumble!

go ahead its all yours ! :D O0

about the forum layout, maybe it could be more simple, and not having alot of sub categories, our merge some of them, for exemple

the modding categorie, just having  : Modifications editor and tools ; Big Modifications inclusive masteries as well, fan patch i belive it could removed, since most of current version got it already.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2017, 21:29:44 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 24 October 2017, 21:59:45 »
Yeah, could probably do the same with Gameplay and Skills and Strategies.  Not quite sure why there were two different sections for essentially the same thing.  Gameplay had: Gameplay, Challenges and Stories (fan fiction) iirc.  Skills and Strategies had some build stuff like Irma2's Build Compendium as stickies and some gaming tips, but otherwise the threads in there could just as easily go under Gameplay iirc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 25 October 2017, 10:13:05 »

Haha no worries Medea, it was more in jest than anything.  I had been following the Grim Dawn TQ.Net thread since it was created and had posted a few times to convey my distress at such dire news, but yeah haven't been active there lately.  Also, would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your relentless efforts with iEntry and trying to hold them accountable etc.  Their lack of interest and disregard for the TQ community on those forums is frustrating to put it lightly! So thanks heaps for your countless emails and perseverance  ;)  ..fruitless as it may seem huh.

On TQ.Net I was relatively active but as expected couldn't even access the site.  Heh I still have some tabs up in my browser (which don't load ofc) of helpful references with the hope that they'll eventually be restored again  :-\

about the forum layout, maybe it could be more simple, and not having alot of sub categories...

Agreed. Particularly with the Modding section it seemed to have this issue imo.  Definitely could be more cohesive with something like having categories for Maps and Map Creation with the Editor; Quests and Quest Creation and so on.  Although it did kind of have these sections it was still spread out and just felt messy to me.

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 25 October 2017, 13:00:03 »
Hey all! I'm glad to see familiar faces  :)
iEntry try to destroy us, but we will ressurect. The Way of Titan Quest is immortal and in peace. It can never be defeated  :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 25 October 2017, 13:04:21 »
  Also, would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your relentless efforts with iEntry and trying to hold them accountable etc.  Their lack of interest and disregard for the TQ community on those forums is frustrating to put it lightly! So thanks heaps for your countless emails and perseverance  ;)  ..fruitless as it may seem huh.

Indeed, if wasnt Medea the site was gone by now ages ago.

On TQ.Net I was relatively active but as expected couldn't even access the site.  Heh I still have some tabs up in my browser (which don't load ofc) of helpful references with the hope that they'll eventually be restored again  :-\

I hope as well, maybe due of some internal issue our some weather problem , who knows...

Agreed. Particularly with the Modding section it seemed to have this issue imo.  Definitely could be more cohesive with something like having categories for Maps and Map Creation with the Editor; Quests and Quest Creation and so on.  Although it did kind of have these sections it was still spread out and just felt messy to me.

Yes, the foruns had great information about lots of things, how to build a powerfull and fun build, how to create and use modding tools and so on, but the main issue was too many thing that wasnt necessary and like you said was bit messy, one thing here and other far away that didnt make sence, making the learning hard.

Hey all! I'm glad to see familiar faces  :)
iEntry try to destroy us, but we will ressurect. The Way of Titan Quest is immortal and in peace. It can never be defeated  :D

Hello and Welcome nargil!

how is your modding project btw :p ?
« Last Edit: 25 October 2017, 13:07:24 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 25 October 2017, 13:24:56 »
Welcome nargil.

I won't be active in about next 24h, working 8 hours per day, time zone middle euro +2, from 15-23h. Also my activities will be under question in next 2 days, as you can see I can't do much these days and getting tired while working so can't be focused much on forums.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 25 October 2017, 13:39:38 »
Hello and Welcome nargil!

how is your modding project btw :p ?
It's on hold right now. I couldn't continue to work on it just for myself, I guess I need to show my stuff.
Most of the god related masteries are drafted tho.
But this forum gives me reason to continue :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Croc

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
« Reply #27 on: 25 October 2017, 20:08:05 »
Hi guys, Croc is here!

Since tq.net is dead, might as well join you guys here. From around 200 posts, starting from 1 again. :D

I see your are still deciding on sections and layout. I must say I didn't like how the sections were divided on titanquest.net, because some like the "Skills" were unnecessary. Having an exclusive sub-section for each of the masteries made no sense because almost nobody plays single mastery anyway.

I'm up for sections "Gameplay/General Discussion", "Challenges", "Modding" and "Off-topic". Of course, you can add more sections, but at least the Challenges section should exist.
My 13 chars: Summoner 81, Spellbreaker 75, Dreamkiller 71, Paladin 71, Harbinger 69, Diviner 66, Ranger 65, Skinchanger 49, Champion 48, Soothsayer 47, Magician 43, Conqueror 37, Sage ??

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 25 October 2017, 20:55:42 »
Hi nargil66 and Croc, good to see you here.  Hopefully defboy99 will be joining us soon too.

I didn't have a close look when I was searching for archived material, but there did seem to be a few builds archived so we could probably retrieve them if we wanted.  And a lot of people were checking/collecting stuff when the site first went down last year so we can reach out to them for material as well.

I think for builds we either need separate sections for TQIT and TQAE or build titles must make it clear which version they're for.  I know not many people are probably playing TQIT, but there are still some who either cant' or won't switch over for whatever reason and they'll want to see or post builds too hopefully.  Plus people might want to try older builds in the AE version to see if/how they work out.

Btw has anyone posted the new forums' links over on Steam and GOG?  We don't want to just be a cliche of old chums who enjoy the game, but a thriving, vibrant community of fellow players and we'll only get that if we attract new members.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 25 October 2017, 21:12:19 »
Btw has anyone posted the new forums' links over on Steam and GOG?  We don't want to just be a cliche of old chums who enjoy the game, but a thriving, vibrant community of fellow players and we'll only get that if we attract new members.

i posted on steam , on Legion of champions mod discuss

Hi guys, Croc is here!

Hello and welcome Croc :D
« Last Edit: 25 October 2017, 21:15:26 by sauruz »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal