Author Topic: Camera Mods Collection (EE)  (Read 6988 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Camera Mods Collection (EE)
« on: 24 November 2017, 19:24:32 »
This is a small addon, which makes invisible the ugly ingame markers (proxy points, sound objects, triggers, etc.) when using a low horizont or high zoomout camera mod.

Here is a preview to compare:

Before

Spoiler for Hiden:

After

Spoiler for Hiden:

Download:

You can find the CameraMod Here:

« Last Edit: 11 October 2022, 03:53:04 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: Invisible markers for Camera Mods
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2017, 19:50:56 »
Ayy, that's pretty good.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2017, 08:42:27 »
What about system requirements?
Higher? The same?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2017, 09:20:08 »
Same ones.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2017, 11:25:20 »
Ok, here are the next obstacles in making the Camera mod look better:

Spoiler for Hiden:

1. Sky is black. If there is any way to make it blue, it will improve the experience alot. I searched the net and maybe it can be done with Unity 3D, but im not sure if it doesnt apply only for games made with Unity. Adding a skybox will be even better...
2. Some monsters and NPCs trigger their animation only in close range. I have no idea which file corresponds for animation distance.
3. Even when animaton is triggered, when the creature goes far from the player, it freezes. No idea how to fix this too.
I'm sure there is a solution at least for points 2 and 3, as in many places you can see monsters and npcs acting normally in the distance (e.g. Spartan Camp soldiers fighting satyrs, the far monsters you see from the cliffs near Megara, etc.)

If anyone knows how to fix any of these problems, please tell me. I would fix them, even if i had to rework every creature file in the game. The movie experience with the camera mod is totally worth it.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2017, 11:29:30 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Elfe

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2018, 17:30:49 »
The sky thing could probably be fixed if you go through the hassle to edit the entire map and add sky and far distance environment but that's going to be way to much work to bother doing it just to make it look "less ugly".

As for 2 & 3, those are hardcoded and probably correspond to the ingame camera view distance as the game probably uses some form of vector loading which only loads the currently in camera visible part in a certain range that was hardcoded for the camera.

If you put your character high up in the sky you will have a fully loaded map inside a certain range which you can look through and have anything loaded correctly so I assume the view vector of the camera is what's limiting that part.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2018, 16:01:33 »
The sky thing could probably be fixed if you go through the hassle to edit the entire map and add sky and far distance environment but that's going to be way to much work to bother doing it just to make it look "less ugly".

I woudn't mind doing it if i could. But i have zero experience with maps. The only thing im not sure is how the dungeons will look... will they have a blue "roof"?

For 2 and 3 - Damn. I hoped there is some trigger that controls it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Endymion

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2018, 17:45:23 »
You can't just add it, there's simply nothing sky related amongst the engine features. Well, expectable from an isometric game.

Nearest shot in faking it is how it's done in the menu - a flat plain with a sky pic as the texture.
Fair to say you could try to make a plain mesh that would follow borders of a particular map in 3ds max, but apart from immense effort and day/night cycle it'll probably be almost impossible to make it look somewhat ok-ish.
Done these some time ago for GD https://imgur.com/a/cfIWc#0amgF4v . Then again, viable only in static.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Elfe

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #8 on: 18 March 2018, 20:00:55 »
I rather thought about cloud like effects lifted up above the ground and far distance environment through either maps that limit the view or in worst case a 2d bitmap, which is why I said it would probably be to much work...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2018, 02:43:30 »
You can't just add it, there's simply nothing sky related amongst the engine features. Well, expectable from an isometric game.
Nearest shot in faking it is how it's done in the menu - a flat plain with a sky pic as the texture.
Fair to say you could try to make a plain mesh that would follow borders of a particular map in 3ds max, but apart from immense effort and day/night cycle it'll probably be almost impossible to make it look somewhat ok-ish.
Done these some time ago for GD https://imgur.com/a/cfIWc#0amgF4v . Then again, viable only in static.

What if the sky is a simple gradient color with no clouds? Like this one:

If it can be made to become dark at night, i think it will look ok.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2018, 02:45:27 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 10 October 2022, 15:01:10 »
Ok, i'm reviving this old thread just to tell you i've made some progress on the Camera mod.
The idea actually came from re-reading Elfe's post:

If you put your character high up in the sky...

What he said is completely unrelated, except the word "character"... which gave me a weird idea - what if i make a skybox and attach it to the freaking character? :D So i just did. And that seems to solves most of the problems, if it's made small enough. At least these 3:

1. Sky is black. If there is any way to make it blue, it will improve the experience alot. I searched the net and maybe it can be done with Unity 3D, but im not sure if it doesnt apply only for games made with Unity. Adding a skybox will be even better...
2. Some monsters and NPCs trigger their animation only in close range. I have no idea which file corresponds for animation distance.
3. Even when animaton is triggered, when the creature goes far from the player, it freezes. No idea how to fix this too.

Here is a video showing the idea in action:

It's almost ready as a supplemental bounce mod for the latest TQCam2 version. Expect it a bit later.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Camera Mods Collection (EE)
« Reply #11 on: 11 October 2022, 03:53:49 »
The mod is now on Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/titanquestanniversaryedition/mods/46

Edit - updated to v1.1:
- added some old camera mods (made by jdoe407) so the collection is now really full
« Last Edit: 11 October 2022, 12:36:39 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal