Author Topic: How is the legendary drop rate in Epic difficulty?  (Read 19709 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How is the legendary drop rate in Epic difficulty?
« on: 27 December 2017, 07:00:23 »
Greetings everyone.

So I finally got my Illusionist into Act 1 of Epic difficulty last night. The new Act 5 was very cool, btw!

Anyways, I'd like to know how legendary drop rates work in Epic? I farmed that Boar Snatcher (spider boss) in Act 1 (Spartan Camp) for over an hour last night and didn't get a legendary drop. I should state, that I farmed this bosses majestic chest. This is the only toon I have in Epic, and my plan was to farm that rare Spider Boss a ton to upgrade my gear, because I don't have much good gear. That Spider Boss did drop some nice blues for other toons, but I'm curious as to how reliable that boss is for farming legendary items. I can confirm that 1 hour for me = 0. lol I'm at the point where I really need good gear with resistances due to Epic punishment.

Could be bad luck, but I'm curious...can I expect to find legendary items to drop in Epic? Is there an optimal farming route? I should also mention that I am level 49, and I'm only in the first act. Also, I'm playing Anniversary Edition + Ragnarok.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2017, 07:02:54 by Thanatos »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: How is the legendary drop rate in Epic difficulty?
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2017, 08:54:31 »
No idea, since that boss is new.  There's no boss other than Nessus at the Spartan Camp usually.  (SPOILER ALERT)
Spoiler for Hiden:
The only heroes/bosses added in the TQIT game before were Talos and the Manticore in Epic and the Hydra in Legendary.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2017, 09:03:04 »
That's ok, Medea. I already knew about those IM heroes. I haven't reached them yet. As far as The Boar Snatcher Spider here is all the info I know: http://titanquest.wikia.com/wiki/Boar_Snatcher

I saw a youtube video of a guy farming that Boar Snatcher, and he was getting quite a few legs, but I am not sure what difficulty he was in. I think I will move on, because I almost drove myself insane and my OCD meter went through the roof.  :))

Ps - One reason I kept farming that boss is because it was so easy to kill with high Poison resists. I never came close to dying once. The cave is very close to rebirth fountain at the Spartan camp. It's very enticing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2018, 20:33:24 »
First of all, I want to say thank you to everybody for getting the board back up and running. Good to be back here.  :)

I've got a lot to say about my experience with legendary items dropping in Epic difficulty as per AE:R. Firstly, this was my first legendary item that dropped.

Secondly, this was my second legendary item to drop, thirdly, this was my third legendary item to drop...I have like 5 or 6 of these now.  :o I gave up doing Manticore runs after awhile because Neith's Will was dropping so much, I already knew it would drop before it even dropped. I'm currently at the very end of Act 2, and I'll continue to post about what legendary items drop in whatever act I find them.

The first Neith's Will dropped in Act 1 from a hero in the Monster Encampment. The good thing about this thing dropping all of the time is that I keep getting one with better rolls. Even though my toon is a Poison/Bleed toon, this item boosted my damage by almost 1000 DPS.

Now after thinking about all of this for awhile, the first thing that came to mind was that this issue happened/happens in Grim Dawn sometimes, but the issue was addressed in that game. I believe they implemented a system where the longer you play in a game session, the less likely you are to find the same item over and over again.

I don't know if TQ:AE:R has a similar system, but it looks like to me that it really needs one. It would appear to me that maybe certain legendary items are 'tied' to certain Acts, or have a have a higher drop rate over other legendary items.

Another thing I've thought about is this:

With the addition of thrown weapons, this has really inflated the drop pool to the degree, that other weapon/armor types are totally being missed upon. In the old days of the game, I remember at least completing some blue sets. But these days, I seem to find just TONS of thrown weapons more than anything else. I know that RNG is a factor in all of this, but something is obviously off here.

What are your thoughts?

PS - Will post the other 2 legendary items I've found. I've found 2 Laden's Maw (thrown weapons) already. I think the game is telling me something?

I found The Eye of Flame amulet doing a Manticore run. It came out of a primitive chest that was locked. I was more excited about finding this legendary amulet than anything else. Too bad I don't have a fire based toon past level 8.  ???

« Last Edit: 07 January 2018, 20:51:18 by Thanatos »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2018, 00:22:53 »
Neith's Will good for casters
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2018, 00:58:10 »
Neith's Will good for casters

It's funny how many times my Illusionist has switched between throwing weapons, spears, and swords, etc... I've come to the tentative conclusion that throwing weapons are superior for my Illusionist because of the fact you have some distance between you and the enemies.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2018, 01:50:33 »
not only that but: recharge, %total damage, not so high str and dex req, skill disruption protection, resists, even + to energy.. base damage doesn't matter.. to me it screams loudly of mages
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2018, 04:07:09 »
^ Good point.

So have any of you guys been getting multiple drops of the same items...like over and over again like I described?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2018, 09:48:39 »
Neith's Will might be the best thrown weapon for Spirit + X mastery. This is pure theorotical since I haven't tested any vitality thrown weapon build yet.
There are 3 or 4 vitality damage legendary thrown weapon, but Neith's Will are the best among them with highest base vitality damage, high resistances and other stuff, with lowest str and dex requirement.
And regarding the drop rate, some legendaries are designed to have much higher drop rate than others. Since I also get multiple Neith's Will and Ladon's Maw in my recent playthrough, I guess they do belong to the highest drop rate tier, just like Battlemage Set.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2018, 21:04:50 »
except that it's a ranged weapon so you can't take full advantage of necrosis.. i don't suppose anyone plans to use it range melee.. for a vit damager i think ternion vit or diviner melee hybrid with psionic touch is still best.. it feels awkward to use it for a diviner because you can't take advantage of either ternion or phantom strike

total damage is best for a multi type damager.. if it had existed pre-ragnarok, i would've put more str on my knifethrower.. used rage of Ares on my SB cuffs so i would deal pierce, poison, bleed, lighting, cold and physical in 1 skill.. total damage would boost them all and obscured visibility would lower all those resistances
« Last Edit: 10 January 2018, 21:47:48 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2018, 03:45:53 »
Actually I was thinking about Spirit + Rune/Hunting to better utilize thrown weapon, not Diviner. Rune provide dual wield, some passives and thunder strike; hunting provides attack speed, puncture and DA. The range of necrosis is not a big problem since the range for thrown weapon are already short.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal