Author Topic: dedicated poison build  (Read 23477 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline zivshteg

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
dedicated poison build
« on: 10 June 2018, 16:18:24 »
hi there
my first post :)

i realy love poison although he may prove un reliable vs undead and constract.
i realy want to build me an effective poison build
my first mastery is rough
im gonee do with throwing weapons build
the range is meduim but all i need is the speed
my aim is to hit each mob once and move on
here is what i am thinking so far
1. max envenom weapon tree max/max/max/max
2. max cs with 1 point in lucky hit
3. max disarm trap to deal with constract and devices
4. what else maybe throwin knife or gas bomb

next mastery - that where i need help
keep in mind that my aim is not to cast many spell but use mainly my lmb
1. maybe spirit to deal with the undead?
2. maybe nature to deal with poison resist (im less incline to choose nature becasue that mean an extra spell i need to cast instead of fire and forgot)
3.dream- maybe for tow? i wonder if tow range in enough for thrown weapons

to conclude
i need help

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: dedicated poison build
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2018, 18:45:12 »
If you are building poison build then you gotta have gas bombs. They deal soooo much poison damage.
Remember you need to throw gas bombs directly in the face of the enemies to quickly activate them.

For Autometa: put some points in disarm traps then, then shards of gas bomb will alone kill automata if you have some +pierce damage.
For Undead: Undead do take 25-50% poison damage.. Increase pierce damage so that throwing weapons will be effective.
Throwing weapons: You might wanna go for throwing knives skill and shot gun enemies with multiple knives at once. With good recharge reduction items and good casting speed this skill could be spammable.
Second skill: I suggest you pick Hunting it has good skills for thrown weapons like volly and wood lore. Awesome thing you could do is cast Study pray on mob and spam knives, they'll melt in no time.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2018, 00:06:29 »
What would be the best poison resistance reduction technique in this case, if he goes with Hunting as secondary?

Just Monkey kings and Shen Nongs with appropriate gear would be enough? I'm really curious about this..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2018, 01:19:05 »
this is a quote by me :)  from my illusionist thread.. i think i was still playing my illusionist the time i posted that so the memory should still be fresh (maybe?  :D )

because in AE, undeads don't have poison resistance but they have poison absorption.. meaning you can't lower them with RR or susceptibility.. at least that's my understanding

based on my personal observations, undeads are weak against fire and physical.. pierce even with RR is still weak

better get other skills then

edit: from the AE changelog under enemies:

- Undead now absorb 70% Poison damage (on all difficulties) rather than having a resistance
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2018, 04:57:47 »
What would be the best poison resistance reduction technique in this case, if he goes with Hunting as secondary?
You get poison resist from armor, rings, charms etc. Just like you'll get other resistance like fire, bleeding.
Why bother more about poison resistances over other? It's not likely he's going to take poison damage from his own bombs.

Just Monkey kings and Shen Nongs with appropriate gear would be enough? I'm really curious about this..
Resistance reduction doesn't stack/add. Game picks up one highest number available from skills and gears. So using two rings with monkey kings(12 reduction) and one weapon with Shen Nongs(18 reduction), won't improve anything.
E.g. if you are using Monkey king relic and you have Sappros the Ccorrupter(60 reduced resistances), game will pick 60 reduced resistance from Sappros and ignore Monky King's 12 reduction.

For enemy resistance reduction he could use battle standard or death-chill aura but these have limited range, not good for throwing build.

Study pray offers 48-62% reduction which is way higher than any relic or charm. Since he wants  to throw weapons, Study pray is viable choice to reduce resistances.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2018, 06:38:07 by koderkrazy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline zivshteg

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2018, 05:11:12 »
what about tow?

is the range large enough for throwing builds?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2018, 05:24:10 »
You get poison resist from armor, rings, charms etc. Just like you'll get other resistance like fire, bleeding.
Why bother more about poison resistances over other? It's not likely he's going to take poison damage from his own bombs.

Resistance reduction doesn't stack/add. Game picks up one highest number available from skills and gears. So using two rings with monkey kings(12 reduction) and one weapon with Shen Nongs(18 reduction), won't improve anything.
E.g. if you are using Monkey king relic and you have Sappros the Ccorrupter(60 reduced resistances), game will pick 60 reduced resistance from Sappros and ignore Monky King's 12 reduction.

For enemy resistance reduction he could use battle standard or death-chill aura but these have limited range, not good for throwing build.

Study pray offers 48-62% reduction which is way higher than any relic or charm. Since he wants  to throw weapons, Study pray is viable choice to reduce resistances.
They do stack. Same type of resistance reduction from same attack do stack. They do not stack if they come from different attacks. By same type I mean XX reduce ALL resistances in Y seconds.
Battle standard and study pray do not belong to the type above so they can further stack. It's a long and tedious story for the whole resistance reduction stack thing. I guess someone else can link a guide to you.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2018, 06:44:37 »
You are right, it's a complex discussion.
There are 3 types of reduced resistances some of them stack some of them don't.

Here is detailed chart from Clex Plays video:

This is the exact point where he explains it. Very good stuff though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2018, 07:25:42 »
what about tow?

is the range large enough for throwing builds?

I don't think so.  According to the TitanCalcAE it's only 5 meters.  You could try it out and see though.  You can always buy the points back at a Mystic if necessary.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2018, 09:34:54 »
according to apocalypse80, absolute RR from gear stack provided it's not  from weapon and weapon or weapon and shield

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=238.0

i swear i did not edit anything :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline zivshteg

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2018, 18:08:41 »
so basiclly im screwed since they change undead poison resistance to absorb'
there is no way around it and no rr method would work?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 11 June 2018, 18:46:13 »

I meant the sources of RR you use against enemies, not the resistances you yourself have..
BTW Clex's channel is indeed very good.. This particular video was suggested to me by botebote77 but I didn't watch it to the end.. Guess I have to take a full look at it now.. thanks for bringing it up..

so basiclly im screwed since they change undead poison resistance to absorb'
there is no way around it and no rr method would work?

That's what I have been thinking as well, but the folks around here are really good at finding "workarounds" for seemingly impossible scenarios, so I have faith in them :)
« Last Edit: 11 June 2018, 18:56:24 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 11 June 2018, 19:38:10 »
lolz i like the stubbornness.. if there's a will there's a way ;)
well solution starts from inspiration.. it seems you don't lack any.. i don't have interest in a pure poison build but i can still cheer you on :)

edit: btw, I'm not convinced sapros and aftershock don't stack.. i asked him about that if he's sure.. but my comment does not appear on my mobile but it does on my pc.. so I'm not sure if my comment really registered.. can i ask you guys if you see my comment there? on his advanced damage guide video on youtube?...
« Last Edit: 11 June 2018, 19:47:15 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 11 June 2018, 20:29:33 »
Its not there, I've looked at every comment and sub comments and yours is not there botebote.. your nickname is same for youtube right?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2018, 21:35:32 »
it really doesn't show even after i removed the KP link.. wtf how do i do this? my username is bote bote

edit: my comment is this:
clex, you're sure sapros and aftershock don't stack?

i'm looking at apocalypse80's guide which was also saved at kirmiziperfect
(KP link which i removed)

sapros and aftershock are both flat, not %.. the wording is just like in shen-nong's dark medicine and monkey king's trickery.. both of which he classified as absolute.. and under stacking, he said absolute RR from gear stack except from weapon and weapon, and weapon and shield.. so i would assume shen-nong's and monkey kings stack.. both are flat just like sapros and aftershock
« Last Edit: 11 June 2018, 23:29:15 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal