Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 134010 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BlackSunSerpent

• Exterat scientia ut arma.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #120 on: 08 December 2018, 01:56:43 »
Please add some ninja-like defensive skill or bonus to Rogue. At least Dodge.
Never used flash grenade playing o Rogue? It's just does what you asking for.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #121 on: 08 December 2018, 02:04:15 »
Lv 53 , lower war camp

1st of all NO CRASHES so far , its a great thing!

2nd, epic greece so far is so GOD DAM FANTASTIC, oh my ! normal wasnt like that !! so addictive right now :D

Some feedback  and questions

-

I found this insteresting, there is a duo of karkinos~sand runners inside the cave before Megara, they are different than the ones roaming the coast, its okay ? our something is missing ?

-

I found this big chest inside the cave found around Phoencian Swamps, but no boss around. Im wondering if this belong to Shadowmaw boss ? it is correct ?

-

Is missing the "Epic" Word, so far is the only one i think.

i enjoyed the death effect of Ghost window boss, i died right away lol

Battle Standard cast from monsters need to be more dangerous in epic , the flag itself is lv 1 , it could cast fear on pets our reduce defense/resistance for exemple ,our even total hp

The enchant buffs cast by some monsters , for exemple Boar riders, why it doesnt affect all nearby allies ?

Centaurs Battle Standard visual could be different, right now it looks like the same cast by the player

Satyrs that appear when you destroy the altars should be ghosts instead of undead

The summons used by satyrs~spirit callers, their lvs are kinda distant, the boars are lv 15 and the bats lv 48, not sure if can make any difference

Some Malevalent Spider~Deathspinners are champions are others are not

The Adrenaline skill used by Boarmans enforcers doesnt make any difference, in my opinion.

When you deliver the olive Branch to Temple of Apollo it doesnt say how much resistance you gain.

Ratman~sappers  , could have different colour, orange our red, just for flavour, so they doesnt look all the same.

Limos - Life Eater, need be more dangerous, they doesnt add any feels of danger

Xaktil Etherweb - Arachnos Hero , dies very quickly

What kind of dmg is that ranged attack used by cyclops Champions? it seens he throws something at me ,cant understand wht is it . it deals alot of % hp

Can you up the chances of Monstrous Boar  and  Eurynomus~Corpse Monger appear ingame ?

Termus~Master blacksmith, could have a % to sell some epic itens, to make him more unique, and not some random merchant from Helos
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #122 on: 08 December 2018, 02:27:09 »
Quest bug in epic Thebes - the NPC that gives you the Place of Truth quest is replaced by high priest Zazamankh. He just says "Thank you for the staff of Khufu" and thats it.
I will look into it again.

Please add some ninja-like defensive skill or bonus to Rogue. At least Dodge.

Well, since the crash bug was ranged one-handed and not the new rogue skills, I can still replace calculated strike with Shadow Blade. The modifier added dodge attack and projectile.

I just have to make the particle effects. Last time I made them they sucked. This time I think I will just base it on the Shadowstalker smoke effect and make it grow per level. Keep it simple.

Added new rare pet bonus suffix for jewelry that grants 10% elemental and 10% vitality resistance and some hp.

Oh, yeah. I am studying Surtr for the end battle, and sauruz is right, if you have good armor and fire resist, you can tank him easy.

Trouble is his skill tree is full.

So I added a Squall skill to the fire imp that is black smoke and cinders and red lightning that does fire and lightning damage.

The Infernals get a red lightningbolt that does fire and lightning damage.

That's all I have so far, that's something that will take time to figure out.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: 08 December 2018, 03:06:17 »
I found this insteresting, there is a duo of karkinos~sand runners inside the cave before Megara, they are different than the ones roaming the coast, its okay ? our something is missing ?
By design. Cave Karkinos

I found this big chest inside the cave found around Phoencian Swamps, but no boss around. Im wondering if this belong to Shadowmaw boss ? it is correct ?

I could swear a string of curses for how many times I fix that stupid proxy for shadowmaw.

So I made a new one from scratch in another directory and a new pool file, opened the map and deleted the existing proxy and placed my new one in there. I don't know why it never fires, people have been talking about how shadowmaw doesn't spawn, but even when you set the spawn rate to 100% he still doesn't so the heck with it.

Is missing the "Epic" Word, so far is the only one i think.
Yep. Only one, fixed.

The enchant buffs cast by some monsters , for exemple Boar riders, why it doesnt affect all nearby allies ?
By design, self buff.

Satyrs that appear when you destroy the altars should be ghosts instead of undead
Fixed.

The summons used by satyrs~spirit callers, their lvs are kinda distant, the boars are lv 15 and the bats lv 48, not sure if can make any difference
Vanilla issue. I will go through all the summon files later and add levels for epic and legendary. It's not really important right now and extremely time consuming.

When you deliver the olive Branch to Temple of Apollo it doesnt say how much resistance you gain.
Look in your quest log.

In vanilla, the skill name is the display text for the quest reward, for example the reward for poison resist's skill name was "+5% poison resist" in normal and a separate skill "+7% poison resist" for epic. That's why there were three separate skills for each reward totalling like 9 or 10 different quest skills filling up the player quest tree, just so players could see the pop up after the quest announcing exactly what they got.

I consolidated all teh olive branch rewards into 4 quest skills to free up all those player skill slots in the player quest skill tree. the only way to tell you what reward you got specifically is to use the quest journal and create a whole bunch of quest steps to update the journal.

I'm sorry if this is confusing, but I would rather  people had to look in their journal to see which resistance got boosted and free up several quest tree skill slots (and get a new quest skill like the Djinn quest reward)  than to go back to the way it was in vanilla where the quest skill tree was full already.

I will look into the text and add "(see journal)"

Limos - Life Eater, need be more dangerous, they doesnt add any feels of danger

Xaktil Etherweb - Arachnos Hero , dies very quickly
Okay will buff them later

What kind of dmg is that ranged attack used by cyclops Champions? it seens he throws something at me ,cant understand wht is it . it deals alot of % hp
Big rocks, I should increase the scale on teh projectile if you cant see them

Can you up the chances of Monstrous Boar  and  Eurynomus~Corpse Monger appear ingame ?
Okay

Termus~Master blacksmith, could have a % to sell some epic itens, to make him more unique, and not some random merchant from Helos

That's a good idea, but it would require a couple days of steady work creating 30 or 40 merchant loot file. So I may do that some day

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: 08 December 2018, 11:59:31 »

Moar feedback

Bugs;

-Managed to somehow summon the Shade of Thanatos (argh runawaay!) His summoned Ghouls were stuck in the 'T' position and didn't attack.

-The door inside the Cyclops Lair is locked (as others have mentioned though this is occuring in Normal) ..also haven't updated with latest build yet so may be fixed already

-Heatshield chest buff.  Worked great on my character and pets but then all surrounding enemies I encountered also gained Heatshield ..is this intended?

Feedback;

-Really love all the new out-of-the-way areas like the centaur camp near Ambrossos, awesome detail.  The bosses in these areas are very challenging which is great.

-Sweet new MI sets! Have a few pieces from the Wraith set. 

-Currently playing a Theurgist and had a suggestion: Using Spectral Strike with bow is good but perhaps add a visual trail to the arrows (e.g flame trail from Earth Enchantment)

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: 08 December 2018, 13:17:06 »
Quest bug in epic Thebes - the NPC that gives you the Place of Truth quest is replaced by high priest Zazamankh. He just says "Thank you for the staff of Khufu" and thats it.
I will look into it again.
Ah, nevermind, it unlocks after you kill the Telkine. My bad.
Another small thing - Distortion field ultimate level is 4, not 10 lvls higher than max lvl
« Last Edit: 08 December 2018, 15:13:05 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BlackSunSerpent

• Exterat scientia ut arma.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #126 on: 08 December 2018, 17:26:23 »
Ok, about skills after some tweaks. Freezing blast, now with 5k int it could kill 4-6 lvl skellies on it's own, not bad, also debuff for elemental resistances is ok now for it's cooldown, this skill now can be used for mages, wow. Tested it more about this -100% physical res and I have no idea, maybe monesters have no phys res or it just not working, even with bare fist crit's and damage remains the same +-.
We have lost Rouge icon skills, rouge Dagger skill look like it's mixture of passive and active at this moment (round skill icon (but you already changed it to be active!) with square corners), maybe it's just my visial bug but for now i'll leave it here.
Also no correct name for Regrowth that was used on Call of The Wood. Now it's just code name.
Also it's really minor and you can leave it as it is, Seagulls still drop Witch plume.
Waiting for changes that we disscused previously, also I'm really happy that Shadow Blade was not the case of crash, ehh, I hope it'll not be the second case.
On playthrough, playing in a free time, not much of it. Also it's weird, but just remembered, can you look at Knossos beach where you arrive, coz there was strange passable area through the rocks to small cave, it's totally bug but maybe can be used for some secret plot's or other stuff  :))

EDIT: Found that all skills that was renamed have broken names now.
« Last Edit: 08 December 2018, 19:18:56 by BlackSunSerpent »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: 08 December 2018, 21:30:44 »
Ok, about skills after some tweaks. Freezing blast, now with 5k int it could kill 4-6 lvl skellies on it's own, not bad, also debuff for elemental resistances is ok now for it's cooldown, this skill now can be used for mages, wow. Tested it more about this -100% physical res and I have no idea, maybe monesters have no phys res or it just not working, even with bare fist crit's and damage remains the same +-.
Okay, I tweaked it some more for this latest update dec 12 2018. Thank you for testing it, I never use the skill....but I may now that I've changed it lol

We have lost Rouge icon skills, rouge Dagger skill look like it's mixture of passive and active at this moment (round skill icon (but you already changed it to be active!) with square corners), maybe it's just my visial bug but for now i'll leave it here.
Also no correct name for Regrowth that was used on Call of The Wood. Now it's just code name.

Waiting for changes that we disscused previously, also I'm really happy that Shadow Blade was not the case of crash, ehh, I hope it'll not be the second case.

EDIT: Found that all skills that was renamed have broken names now.
Yeah, all these were the result of the new database referencing icons and text that are in the Resources that weren't included.

If you download the latest version I uploaded this morning, they will all be fixed. If not, please let me know.

Also it's really minor and you can leave it as it is, Seagulls still drop Witch plume.
This is by design, sorry I should have said something earlier.

I fixed the ultimate level for Distortion Field in this update, too.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: 08 December 2018, 21:48:02 »

-Managed to somehow summon the Shade of Thanatos (argh runawaay!) His summoned Ghouls were stuck in the 'T' position and didn't attack.
Ah, the old T-pose, eh? Bad animation reference. Fixed.

-Heatshield chest buff.  Worked great on my character and pets but then all surrounding enemies I encountered also gained Heatshield ..is this intended?
I will try an experiment next update.

I will give the trap monster a Buff Other skill, set the controller thusly: to use skill whenever possible, heal ally health percentage 100. Then have the skill with 0 cooldown/mana and give the trap monster 100 cast speed. Put the skill in the config buffOther slot and see what happens.

The RIGHT way to do it would be to make a Shrine with a treasure chest mesh and animations and sounds. Then place it in teh accessory file of  all the game's treasure chest proxies (monster and chest proxies).

This would mean that I would have to create a treasure chest shrine with the mesh for every kind of treasure chest, and skills for each area and act. Hundreds of treasure chest shrines.

So you can see why I just made it spawn in the same pool as trap monsters. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: 08 December 2018, 22:20:23 »
Sorry if this is a silly  question

Golden belt Artifacts, , gives 20% strenght as one of Pets bonus, but how this actually works ? same way as the players ? i tought pets ddint have strengh , intelligence and dexterity status

The reason im asking this is because its 1st time i see this as bonus, i might be wrong tho
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: 08 December 2018, 22:41:15 »
Sauruz, normally pets have their own stats, increasing as they lvl up.
BG, there is a small vanilla glitch with Onslaught, when using the skill rings become too big, then smaller, then again big.
If you want to make them increase gradually, switch rings 4 and 6 in the effect file.
« Last Edit: 08 December 2018, 22:44:20 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: 09 December 2018, 00:10:11 »
Sorry if this is a silly  question

Golden belt Artifacts, , gives 20% strenght as one of Pets bonus, but how this actually works ? same way as the players ?
Yes. Though it's harder to control, you have to do the math for str-->dmg but once in awhile, just do it. :D

Thanks nargil66. I switched Effects\Warfare\343_Onslaught_04.pfx to records\effects\warfare onslaught_06.dbr and vice versa.

I fiddled around with trying to spawn a monster that buffed the party and not the monsters, and I can't do it. I tried every combination of character/defaultTeamMajor and defaultTeamMinor and you either get all party AND monsters getting buffed or no one. Phooey.

You would think that TeamMajor_Human and TeamMinorHuman_Friendly would do the trick, but nope.

So I just made a bunch of shrines that pop into existence (they have no bones in their mesh and shrines don't have a spawn animation slot anyway, so POP...they arrive)

So a battle standard and a rally standard and a bunch of Mystery Shrines that give buffs from all the different masteries like trance of convalescence etc. as 60 second party buffs.

It should be fun.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: 09 December 2018, 00:33:00 »
okay! thats is one thing i ddint knew thank you both.

Just a quick report before i forget  ( for some reason i cant post pics on imurg)

-The smaller boarmen have TagMonsterNameSFM119 in their names

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: 09 December 2018, 00:53:09 »

I fiddled around with trying to spawn a monster that buffed the party and not the monsters, and I can't do it. I tried every combination of character/defaultTeamMajor and defaultTeamMinor and you either get all party AND monsters getting buffed or no one. Phooey.

You would think that TeamMajor_Human and TeamMinorHuman_Friendly would do the trick, but nope.
I don't know what TeamMajor/Minor do, but i had an idea. chest spawn monster, which spawn pet, which changes alliance after its death. It buffs you, then die. Would it work?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: 09 December 2018, 03:46:18 »
defenses heavy weapon has a description about increasing pierce ratio which i believe actually belongs to cleave.

cleave is similar to how earth fury was... distractingly fast.

the concussive blow skill works for axes, description says only clubs.

I don't think I have encountered any bugs out in the wild so either I am oblivious or this mod is perfect.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal