Author Topic: Ragnarok: New Critters, New Headaches.  (Read 18829 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: Ragnarok: New Critters, New Headaches.
« Reply #30 on: 03 May 2018, 11:30:24 »
I've been there with another character and it is bleed indeed. They do not do as much direct damage as say eldyotun and are actually not very dangerous for a melee character unless very low on bleed res. But it seem to stack? The longer you stay there the more damage you take from bleed. I thought no DOTs are allowed to stack in TQ but don't remember all the nuances of mechanics of this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 03 May 2018, 12:30:45 »
and i just ran my illusionist there just recently.. it is indeed bleed.. it will stack because DoT from different monsters stack.. it's why DoT bosses like Fafnir and hydra are more difficult in xmax.. died once, looked at my bleed res and saw it was -75%.. thought about looking for bleed res items on my TQvault, but decided I'm too lazy to do that so i just continued.. died couple more times ;D  ..  the jotuns though were not much of a problem.. they were too busy attacking my 7 pets
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 03 May 2018, 13:01:00 »
Right, it must have been from multiple mobs then

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 12 May 2018, 00:37:25 »
I'm bumping this, I know, but does anyone know about the Angry Wasps in legendary?

They're pretty annoying; they don't seem to have much in the way of actual evasion (Guardian Stones deal with them just fine), but the way they move around and their small size makes it hard to target them with the cursor. Pretty frustrating to deal with.

More importantly, what kind of damage do they deal? They tear down a maxed (level 12) Energy Armor in less than a second, which is nearly 7000 health. It's a pretty impressive feat, but the question remains - what type of damage do they deal? Poison would make sense for them, but that doesn't affect Energy Armor. Physical, pierce, and bleed are all pretty nonsensical for wasps as far as I'm concerned (piercing in itself isn't, but in such huge quantities, yes it is).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 16 May 2018, 12:26:43 »
Poison is there by the sound and visual effect. Bleed - doesn't seem so by the visual again.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #35 on: 16 May 2018, 15:26:27 »
and i just ran my illusionist there just recently.. it is indeed bleed.. it will stack because DoT from different monsters stack.. it's why DoT bosses like Fafnir and hydra are more difficult in xmax.. died once, looked at my bleed res and saw it was -75%.. thought about looking for bleed res items on my TQvault, but decided I'm too lazy to do that so i just continued.. died couple more times ;D  ..  the jotuns though were not much of a problem.. they were too busy attacking my 7 pets

this is actually very useful to know... i've always thought they didn't stack because in the mechanics discussion it was always taken from the player's perspective when dealing the DoT damage. so i guess it would make sense that applying DoT damage on the same target doesn't speed up your killing speed.
However poison/bleed attacks from 3x Cerberus, Yaoguai's, Hydra's will DELETE your HP bypassing even high levels of % and flat damage absorption, because they are damage from "3 different sources." Is this even fair? lol?
Going by the same logic they should make it so that poison/bleed damage from regular auto attacks stack with DoT damage from skill attacks such as Lethal Strike.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal