Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Modifications

Set bonuses get corrupted/mixed up

(1/1)

WNG:
Hi, this question is aimed at other modders who have changed set bonuses in any their mods.

Have any of you noticed how they sometimes tend to switch for the Vanilla bonuses and sometimes are granted the modified bonuses? It's probalby not a multiplayer issue or a display issue, but it happens every few game sessions and that seems pretty worrying. It might also be another issue with Vanilla game, then again I have no idea of the source of the bug.

soa:
I haven't noticed this kind of problem with Soulvizier. However, does this problem occurs :
- especially when using a bounce mod (either as the only mod or along with a hard mod) ?
- are the modifications of the set bonuses made in a bounce mod ?
- are the modified set bonuses in different dbr files than the vanilla ones ? Or it's the same dbr names with modified parameters ? In SV, vanilla set bonuses dbrs are not used at all (not called in any item file). Even if the mod uses the same bonuses, it comes from a duplicate dbr with a different name. Maybe this has been done to prevent bugs, I don't know.

efko:
Check this topic https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1209.0

WNG:

--- Quote from: soa on 19 February 2020, 20:00:20 ---I haven't noticed this kind of problem with Soulvizier. However, does this problem occurs :
- especially when using a bounce mod (either as the only mod or along with a hard mod) ?
- are the modifications of the set bonuses made in a bounce mod ?
- are the modified set bonuses in different dbr files than the vanilla ones ? Or it's the same dbr names with modified parameters ? In SV, vanilla set bonuses dbrs are not used at all (not called in any item file). Even if the mod uses the same bonuses, it comes from a duplicate dbr with a different name. Maybe this has been done to prevent bugs, I don't know.

--- End quote ---

I will try to make duplicates, as you said. This seems like the safest and most easy way to get around the issue. Thank you very much for the idea.

--- Quote from: efko on 19 February 2020, 20:05:31 ---Check this topic https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1209.0

--- End quote ---

I have no idea about mobile versions of TQ, so I'm not sure how I can help even...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version