Author Topic: TQ on Console  (Read 6478 times)

Offline kalimon

• Topic Author
  • Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
TQ on Console
« on: 11 May 2019, 03:31:23 »
Hi all

I have always played a ported version of Titan Quest on my Mac, meaning I could not get Ragnarok. Now that Atlantis has come out, I would love to get back in to it. Unfortunately, i can't afford a PC, but I do have a PS4, and have a few questions for you fine people:

1. is the console version fixed? i remember when I last looked, there were some really bad reviews for how badly it had been ported - loads of issues. have these been resolved?

2. is atlantis out on PS4?

Thanks!
AER/A Mobile Deathless x3:
Bleed caster Warlock / hybrid melee Oracle / caster Conjurer

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: TQ on Console
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2019, 09:14:34 »
I think they've improved the console versions, though since I don't have any I can't say by how much

No, not on any of the consoles yet, but they are planning to having both expansions available at some point in time.

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2019, 05:44:10 »
Load times are abit slow on console, 10-20 seconds leaving and joining games. It does crash sometimes, I think it crashed about 6 times for me , I am level 54 so in a weeks play I guess. Sometimes there are bugs, my lich disappears often visually but is still there shooting while invisible. Sometimes if my boyfriend accidently trades with me and I hit cancel, I can’t move until I click the menu button,  then I can use the movement pad again. There is some lag on multiplayer when players join the game there is 5 second lag. Sometimes when getting a rebirth fountain in split screen or multiplayer , there is 5-10 second lag.

One of the most annoying things about console for me, is the targeting system. Having to hit right trigger to switch enemies, it doesn’t always select the enemy you like. And you need an enemy to use skills it seems.

The main reason I like it is I can play two player couch co op with my bf when he wants to . Diablo 3 , a good playable console game, seemed too repetitive , rifts being rather boring after awhile.

All in all it is playable, just slower paced , abit annoying for farming the same boss due to load times. I hear load times are worse on switch and better on Xbox.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2019, 05:46:46 by Terra »

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2019, 07:07:08 »
Terra.. i don't know how you feel about farming but doing a dozen or more farming runs can really help you

iirc, the telkine in act 2 drops int items so you might want to farm that.. you need fire res for that.. you can sacrifice other resists just for that boss

or.. there is an even better farming spot.. you can go back to normal and farm hades over and over again until he drops the overlord.. it's a secret item that looks like a turtle.. you need vit res for Hades

if you get lucky and he drops it, go back to epic until you reach act 4.. respec to lightning bolt temporarily or if you have enough skill points, take both ternion and lightning bolt.. this is just temporary.. do this

Spoiler for Hiden:

pls jump to 2:56.. the trick is to never open the gates.. just use lightning bolt.. you need at least 1pt on energy shield for this because the skeleton boss toxeus reflects your damage.. and also some lightning res

on pc, there is a "hold character in place key" which prevents your character from moving.. i don't know how it is in ps4 but use that because if you accidentally open the gates, toxeus is sure to kill you :)

the chest at the end of the map drops very good items.. for sure you will get better items
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2019, 01:06:50 »
I don’t know of a way to hold character in place. Does the gate need to be clicked on, (x button) , or does it open if u move up to it? I can not attack on ps 4 unless an enemy is on my screen and selected as well.

Also , my boyfriend killed hades and can’t go to epic. I don’t know what to do.

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2019, 01:10:47 »
I’ve been farming telkine  epic act 2 but it seems to only droplvl 30-35 stuff... which doesnt have enough resists.. does it drop anything better.? I’m also no where near hades in epic .. stuck on act 3 finally boss.

Pretty bummed my bfs char can’t go to epic mode ,.., I guess I’ll try killing hades again with him...

Is there a way to back up the characters on ps4? With all these bugs and crashes I’m worried my characters may get corrupted... or stuck in normal mode like my boyfriends.

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2019, 03:56:36 »
This sucks. How do I advance his character to epic.... hades killed three times, entered portal.. music plays... can’t join epic... this is frustrating

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2019, 07:37:16 »
You need to go back to the character menu and choose Epic difficulty.  You should be able to click on it to select it. Is that not possible for you?

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2019, 15:17:24 »
You need to go back to the character menu and choose Epic difficulty.  You should be able to click on it to select it. Is that not possible for you?

No, it’s not. My boyfriends character is stuck in normal forever. Please help!

I know how to switch it to epic, my character works but his doesn’t. It shows epic is locked on his.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 20 June 2019, 15:40:46 »
Did you and he kill Hades in multiplayer?  If so, then maybe he needs to go back and kill him again as a single player.

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 20 June 2019, 19:48:14 »
Tried that also. :(

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 20 June 2019, 19:52:16 »
Since I don’t know how to back up characters on ps4 I’m not sure if there is even a point to make another character to complete normal for him. What if this happens again. Can’t roll back since I don’t know how on ps4. Don’t know if the character data is in the data saves or the game application titan quest. What do I back up ??.

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 20 June 2019, 19:54:08 »
Reading here s9meone else had the same issue , no solution

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/229142-titan-quest/76775088

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 20 June 2019, 19:57:28 »
Best to report it as a bug here

https://redmine.thqnordic.com/projects/titan-quest-atlantis-community/

That's THQNordic's direct contact for these things so will go straight to the devs.

Tags: console ps4 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal