Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229869 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Version 2 Development
« Reply #60 on: 23 December 2017, 15:20:40 »
BG, just come across something in the expansion that may need looking at given you've changed blacksmiths and general vendors a bit.  There's a side quest in the expansion which requires the player to get the bottles to change the colour of your basic outfit from Greece, Eygpt and the Orient.  Specific colours are: Greece - Purple, Egypt - Gold and Orient - Asian Royal Blue.  Since in LoC currently only the general vendors now sell these bottles it may prove difficult, if not impossible, to find all of these.  I've just picked up the quest (you get it in Glauberg) and managed to buy the Greece one, but haven't got any to spawn in Egypt or the Orient yet.  No idea if you plan any changes with the various vendors in the game, but it may need some sort of quaranteed spawn of these in future LoC versions.  Once people get used to what's required in the expansion I'm sure they'll be saving up the various items as they play through.  But this time around it's my Wanderer who'd already finished Normal and was at Epic Helos so brought back for the expansion.

Note to other players not yet at the expansion - hang on to your Lupine Claws!  They're also needed for a side quest.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #61 on: 24 December 2017, 03:22:08 »
Yeah, shouldn't be a problem to fix it.

I finished up the Goblin cave outside Knossos before the first bridge. Two minibosses in it. Could write a couple pages of all that entails lol. Kallikantzeroi hate trees.

Placed Siegetowers in the Athens battle field.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: 26 December 2017, 21:52:48 »
Added another area under Mt. Wusao for the Iffrit Blood Sister mini-boss. Added a new area in the ice cave after the Yeti boss for the Blood Sister Djinn mini-boss. Added Blood Sister Marid to the cave between Chang'an and the Wusoa waypoint.

I hope I can cobble together a mini quest for defeating all 3.

Added winter wolves and created a new ice breath animation based off the new xpack wolf attack beta animation. Added the Winterwolf mini-boss to the ice cave after the Yeti in the NW corner.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: 27 December 2017, 01:44:49 »
Someone over at the Steam forum expressed a sentiment to summon a horde of skeletons and skeleton archers.

It sounds like fun and I loved that in Diablo 2, but it's just too OP in TQ.

I was trying to come up with a way to have lots of skeletons and skeleton archers and all I could think of is have them timed. Underlord had them with negative health regeneration to make them less OP. I don't like that.

Another way would be to give them a short cooldown and make them fragile and easily defeated. I think this might play with the mana thirst that other Spirit skills have so you need to chug blues or use Dark Covenant.

Also reduce their anger multiplier so they can't aggro as much so you would NEED to summon multiple to crowd control.

I was thinking of making the summon skill a projectile summon with an invisible projectile like Squall so you could raise them right in the middle of a mob from a distance. Maybe with a cool rune circle effect like the banners in hades have but small and teal colored.

Same with archers so you can place them anywhere you want right off the bat.

Maybe archers would have to be timed though or draw more aggro by increasing their anger multiplier.

It would be a lot more ACTIVE summon style than v1.1 of course. Spamming skeletons everywhere would take some time away from other things.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #64 on: 27 December 2017, 06:01:04 »
what if you made them hidden from combat so they couldnt draw enemy aggro, and then just have a hoard of 10+ of them roaming around doing minimal damage. (talking the warriors as timed summons)

Or howzabout this humdinger of an idea? a skillmodifier branch for wraithking, that required a large energy reserve skill to unlock a summoning skeletons skill. So wraith would summon them for free, but once the predecessor skill is unlocked, with like 900 energy reserved, he wont be able to use any of his other skills. So gain an army at the expense of losing amazing wraith king skills.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: 27 December 2017, 22:01:32 »
I had already started when you posted lol

So I have skellie warriors and archers.

Warriors are 2 summon limit at level 1, 3 @ lvl 5, 4 @ lvl 12, 5 @ lvl 19, 6 @ lvl 23 and 7 @ lvl 26.

They start with their Vampire Strike as an inherent skill at lvl1. Revenant Rage modifier adds damage reduction and ADCtH. Circle of Anguish is the last modifer and is a radius ttack similar to the uber ability from v 1.1

I am playing around with their controllers. I have removed their response to distress calls. So if you get swarmed, don't expect your mindless hordes to help you. :)

They are pretty fragile and I am having a lot of fun spamming them as a projectile spawn. Shot through a Cyclops today and raised archers behind him as the warriors surrounded him. One swipe though and they all fall down.

But the recharge is only 2 seconds. So chug a blue, spam a warrior, rinse and repeat. It's pretty fast paced.

I had to nerf their other damage types to balance, a passive skill nerfs their elemental damage by 65%, their pierce and bleeding damage by 35%.

Archers do phys and vitality. I think their modifier will be attack speed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: 27 December 2017, 22:15:50 »
will the new skellie horde be weak against fire attack type ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: 27 December 2017, 23:21:50 »
That's what I have right now.

But their revenant rage is all damage reduction. And there will probably be +%fire resist items for pets as well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: 28 December 2017, 03:13:52 »
Here's a video of the new Skeleton Warriors and Archers in action:

My equipment is the helm, torso and boots of the Necromancer's Habliment set, a Star Heart artifact (that's the burn damage pets are doing), a Shepherd's Crook (+1 skills and armor+life for pets) and Stonebinders with +mana. Amulet is Wellspring which grants Heart of Oak and two beastmasters with +vitality damage.

Warriors have the Revenant Rage modifier which is onhit activated. Archers get "Soul Shot" skill at level 8 which is vitality/life leech/cold/frostburn damage.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: 28 December 2017, 12:00:24 »
Its so DAM BEAUTIFULL!!!

I cannot wait ! :D

btw, i noticed cyclops dont have any club, they dont will use any slam attack ?

Had a new boar rider ideia type : Spirit dmg type and bleeding dmg type, they could appear with Mountain Satyr.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: 28 December 2017, 15:12:15 »
Cyclops don't need a club to do a slam attack. They have a chance to spawn unarmed I just added animations for them to do so.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #71 on: 28 December 2017, 15:27:16 »
The hype is real with this one.

Keep it up!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: 29 December 2017, 04:26:54 »
Nice! Spirit will rock now, definetly gonna try this. Real Necromancer style :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: 29 December 2017, 20:35:00 »
I decided to make the Fungoids a summons in the Dream mastery. It makes no sense, it doesn't compliment the theme...but I have always wanted a Fungoid since I started modding. I tried putting a helmet on a Bogdweller once for crying out loud.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: 29 December 2017, 21:43:00 »
i think they are cute !

In my opinion, i like then, being something  from another realm, small fungoids that work in group, i like the concept, and its something different from old nighterror meshs.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal