Author Topic: Tempest Tricks' Trickster journal  (Read 18386 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tempest Tricks' Trickster journal
« Reply #15 on: 15 January 2018, 17:46:39 »
Yeah.. going by the "OMG Knives super nerfed!" cries that kept popping up, not many people did. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #16 on: 15 January 2018, 20:07:06 »
Tempest is doing quite well, has reached Thebes having run around the Giza Plateau, Fayum and the Valley of the Kings.  Struggles most with those green magical blobs that spew poison in some of the caves.  He can kill them, just take a while longer.  Will have to dig out a Ritual necklace to equip to speed things up a bit I guess.

Btw, just read in another thread that Reckless Offense allows you to dual wield thrown weapons!  Even more spammable fun.  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #17 on: 15 January 2018, 20:28:50 »
i thought i told you about the knives somewhere in this forum medea.. maybe my "possible OP char" nonsense thread? (btw, anyway to delete that thread?)

i know i mentioned about the knives in my diary of a mage lover.. maybe a case of tldr?  :)

vio I've said over and over again that throwing knife has been boosted in AE not nerfed.. it also opened up more knifethrower builds beside sorcerer and magician.. some people choose to cry and whine first before trying things themselves

i also mentioned about throwing knives not needing CDR on my house of flying daggers guide.. (knifethrower as early as lvl 25)
« Last Edit: 15 January 2018, 20:37:02 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 15 January 2018, 20:41:01 »
You may well have done botebote77 and I just forgot it.  Don't think I've read your mage lover thread yet so if it's in there that would explain it.

I'll see if I can delete that thread - no promises though.  I'm still learning how the site works and don't want to screw anything up.  :o

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 17 January 2018, 15:36:20 »
I know I'm pointing way ahead, but if anything, it might be motivation to continue.

I remember it being mentioned that Throwing Knives count as weapons, and get the Transmutation bonus as well as other things. In that case, I'd say you could keep an eye out for Falcon Cape: along with +2 to all Rune and +1 to all Rogue skills, it has an additional bonus of converting 50% of base weapon damage to elemental, which I assume affects the knives, so you won't necessarily have to charge the Rune Weapon up to get some conversion! I think it's a legendary and only starts to drop in Act V epic, so sadly there's a way to go for it yet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 17 January 2018, 16:27:25 »
Hmm no.

Knives carry damage and effect bonuses that usually do not apply to a spell, but they are still a spell.
And even if the conversion would affect their physical base damage... they don't have any.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 17 January 2018, 17:29:04 »
But would still be good for dual wielding thrown weapons using Reckless Offense. Yes?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 18 January 2018, 14:23:00 »
To clarify, I was talking about the Rogue's skill Throwing Knives (as in "Throwing Knives count as weapons").

All thrown weapons are obviously weapons and work just like any other.
Specifically like one-handed bows.

So yes, Reckless Offense is good. And Transmutation should apply even if you shoot several projectiles via Volley or Thunderstrike.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2018, 17:31:37 »
@Vio: same Vio as in Violos???

Damn nice to see you alive and kicking...  ;D
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 18 January 2018, 17:43:11 »
And Transmutation should apply even if you shoot several projectiles via Volley or Thunderstrike.
i like to test this when i get more time as well as shield charge and pulverize.. volley no doubt it should.. but if this is true, transmutation should also affect war wind hmmm
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 18 January 2018, 20:28:21 »
Yes - any attack that uses the weapon.

And yes that's me @gasconron. Just dropped the Greek -los because it sounded... unnecessarily violent. :D
(Actually only added that in a fancy when first registering for tq.net, not expecting to stay for a decade haha)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 18 January 2018, 20:53:50 »
 :o Hope that doesn't mean you'll be leaving us soon then.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 18 January 2018, 21:07:49 »
No worries, I'll be staying with Titan Quest for a while.  O0

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 01 February 2018, 12:54:59 »
Time for another update.  :) Tempest is well into Act 3 now and resting at Chang'an.  He's had a few close calls and needed some health potions mainly because he doesn't have any pierce resistance at the moment.  I've managed to reach Reckless Offense so he's now dual wielding both throwing in the first weapons slot and ordinary weapons in the second.  Throwing Knife is almost maxed so can throw them out pretty quickly now.  Bandari was a bit of a pain because of his slowing spells (no resistance to that yet either), but Barmanu, Yeti and Giant Peng were pretty easy, just needed the usual patience and kiting for Barmanu.

At the moment I'm concentrating attribute points on str/dex since I'm still climbing the Rune mastery so am getting some intel from that.  Once I've done that I may go to intel/dex, but will just have to see how the str side does equipment-wise.  Since I don't need -%recharge gear for knive spamming he'll be wearing all melee gear now instead of a mix with caster items.

« Last Edit: 01 February 2018, 15:10:18 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 11 February 2018, 19:31:40 »
Well, so so day today.  Tempest is at Medea's Grove, but he's had a few deaths since he ventured into the Secret Passage.  Frazier killed him once and Toxeus 3 times so he has 5 deaths now.  That wasn't the annoying part though.  It was those 3 extra foes that are in the AE version on the righthand side in a cell area with no door.  I pity any pure melee toons trying to reach them because of that.  I managed one because he came up to the bars and I was able to fight him through them, but the other two didn't come within reach.  I respec'd out of Throwing Knives and tried Traps - nope, didn't work.  Respec'd again and put points into Poison Bomb and also Seal of Fate.  Bomb didn't work either, but Seal of Fate had some success.  Then suddenly I got switched with the Shaman inside and had to fight the remaining guy.  No problem there, but then had to reach the Shaman who was now outside the cell and me in.  Luckily he was in range of Seal of Fate and with several castings I managed to bring him down.

The other problem - and I don't if it's a bug or deliberate on the devs' part - you can throw down a portal in the Secret Passage and get out, but you can't portal back - it doesn't show up on the portal map when you're in there.  So what with the deaths and being stuck in the cell I spent a lot of time portaling out and running all the way back to the SP again.  >:(

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal