Author Topic: [Merchant run] MI Shield of the restless king  (Read 11220 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
[Merchant run] MI Shield of the restless king
« on: 23 November 2018, 23:17:48 »
Do you remember the side quest about the stubborn merchant brothers in Kaupangr ?

You made the right choice, sure ?
Spoiler for Hiden:
Because if you favored Tryggbord against Ulfgrim, you will be lucky, say one time over 3, with a MI shield of the restless king which is not bad at all.
A fontain is next the shop, so you can make quick runs and maybe find a MI-shield on sale with good perks:

With a turtle shell socketed, you can reach the 80% chances to block cap and the 90% recovery rate cap if you play a defender or a runemaster.
You may find a better shield indeed, but this one is effortless  ;)

« Last Edit: 23 November 2018, 23:39:36 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: [Merchant run] MI Shield of the restless king
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2018, 01:42:04 »
Shall I add, you can also find Restless King/Icescale MIs armors in there.

If you favored the guy, he sells MIs weapons instead.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2018, 02:24:49 »
great.. didn't know this.. so if you talk to Tryggbord to complete the quest, he sells MI shields and armors? and if you talk to Ulfgrim, he sells MI weapons?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2018, 02:42:04 »
only thing is there is no portal there right? so if you want to do it again and again, you have to portal to scandia, walk to the fir cone liquor guy, teleport to Kaupangr.. do it over and over again.. long walk

farming for blacksteel just before loki might be better.. party pooper
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2018, 08:32:22 »
What, MI shop? Since when?

You may find a better shield indeed, but this one is effortless  ;)

Its all good except there are no good shields of the Restless King, like all MI shields in Ragnarok, they drop with weapon affixes only. Those in your images too. But perhaps you can get a veteran's dvergr item.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2018, 12:25:33 »
I made a lot of runs to the armorer because i have a toon here to farm the ichthian zone next to the shop. Only the MI shield was on sale. Maybe it depends on the seed generated when launching the game. Regarding weapons, i tried with another char on legendary about ten times and no MI was on sale. It's not enough to conclude, so yes maybe MI weapons are also on sale.

only thing is there is no portal there right? so if you want to do it again and again, you have to portal to scandia, walk to the fir cone liquor guy, teleport to Kaupangr.. do it over and over again.. long walk farming

There is no portal but you have a rebirth place in the village. So if you place a toon here for a farming session, you can make quick merchant runs. About the Ichthian zone, it's worth the trip for the icescale armor. Bring a Xmax char and you can gather all the set (with the Endymion patch). Although the visual aspect is ugly, it is useful in some situations
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2018, 13:13:12 »
IIRC, MIs shields are more common here because the merchant cannot sell regular shields, only Draugr shields, as opposed to torso armors, where he can sell regular torso armors, reducing the chances to find one in the shop. Must be the same case for the weapons (with the other brother).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2018, 16:55:48 »
perhaps you can get a veteran's dvergr item.
ooch, oh

Spoiler for Hiden:

Its all good except there are no good shields of the Restless King, like all MI shields in Ragnarok, they drop with weapon affixes only
Just to be clear: weapon affixes are flat damage, physical, elemental, poison, vitality. Life leech, mana leech, of the winds, of immortality. Thats what can roll there. Armor or shield specific affixes like sentinel's (+2 defense), rune sage's (+2 rune), herculean, cyclopean, resistances, of focus (-18% recharge) can not roll on them. Nope. Never. These shields you will buy there are auto garbage by their stats.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2018, 20:34:20 »
Why weapon affixes would not be worth it on shields ? The aim of this thread is not to find MI shields that compete with high-end legendary shields indeed. But to find items that is helpful for toons when leveling.

Having green/MI items with the good perks in Xmax can make your route much more easier in normal and epic. In the last run for example, i found a weigthless shield of the restless king which spawned at lvl 25 required. Unfortunatly the price was too high. But this kind of item is priceless for leveling: a high block rate and a maxed damage blocked at lvl 25 and % less conditions required on it. So no, i won't auto garbage this kind of shield nor a shield of alacrity, or of annihilation, obtained so easily.

And i guess if you find a MI-shield of the betrayer you won't garbage it.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2018, 20:39:51 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2018, 20:40:16 »
There is no portal but you have a rebirth place in the village.
right.. forgot about that

Its all good except there are no good shields of the Restless King, like all MI shields in Ragnarok, they drop with weapon affixes only. Those in your images too. But perhaps you can get a veteran's dvergr item.
something like "of alacrity", "of havoc", "tyrant's" would be worth it.. you can always get resists from jewelries instead
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 24 November 2018, 21:16:05 »
Just to be clear: weapon affixes are flat damage, physical, elemental, poison, vitality. Life leech, mana leech, of the winds, of immortality. Thats what can roll there. Armor or shield specific affixes like sentinel's (+2 defense), rune sage's (+2 rune), herculean, cyclopean, resistances, of focus (-18% recharge) can not roll on them. Nope. Never. These shields you will buy there are auto garbage by their stats.

You make it sound like nothing good can roll on those shields, and I will have to disagree. Those Ragnarok MIs shields (for whatever reason it is) picks its affixes from axes' table. That means you could get much more than mere flat damage. Might not be what one's looking for on a shield, but for those that want extra offensive power, it's a good thing.

For an hint, this is the good stuff that we can roll on them :

Tyrant's
Veteran's
Relentless
Murderous
Dreadful
Herculean
Ferocious

of the Betrayer
of Havoc
of Harrowing
of Nightmares
of Trickery

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2018, 11:34:32 »
Why weapon affixes would not be worth it on shields ? The aim of this thread is not to find MI shields that compete with high-end legendary shields indeed. But to find items that is helpful for toons when leveling.
Restless King only has death ward for it, but it will come at the cost of not being able to roll resists or skills. Its block is on par with top act 5 shields on respective difficulty, so not sure how they are more helpful there too. If only they have much better rarity - common act 5 vendors are pretty terrible selling white items en masse.

Herculean
Nope, no herculean.

By the way, if it rolls ADCTH, I suppose it should affect all weapon attacks, not just shield attacks, right?

I got to see tyrants of the betrayer, or even just betrayer once. Can betrayer even roll on a shield? Not a normal one perhaps, maybe on one of the act 5 MIs by the same affix table that does it all. While sitting on a pile of common green shields with excellent stat combinations. Good luck looking for betrayer I suppose.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2018, 12:58:11 »
By the way, if it rolls ADCTH, I suppose it should affect all weapon attacks, not just shield attacks, right?
i tested this long time ago with bloodthirst of the glutton.. as i remember, no it doesn't.. it only procs on defense shield attacks.. and by this mechanic i assume it's the same for of the betrayer

but it's been so long already and my memory is bad so i could be wrong

edit: should be easy to test with bloodthirst of the glutton though
« Last Edit: 25 November 2018, 13:00:37 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2018, 13:00:35 »
Restless King only has death ward for it, but it will come at the cost of not being able to roll resists or skills. Its block is on par with top act 5 shields on respective difficulty, so not sure how they are more helpful there too. If only they have much better rarity - common act 5 vendors are pretty terrible selling white items en masse.

Herculean
Nope, no herculean.

I got to see tyrants of the betrayer, or even just betrayer once. Can betrayer even roll on a shield? Not a normal one perhaps, maybe on one of the act 5 MIs by the same affix table that does it all. While sitting on a pile of common green shields with excellent stat combinations. Good luck looking for betrayer I suppose.  :)

This is wrong. Look at the spoiler below.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Before you ask, of course this was modded : I sky-rocketted the odds for those rare affixes to appear. However, ALL OF THEM WERE ALREADY PRESENT IN THE TABLE. Nothing was added, only their appearance odds have been increased.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 25 November 2018, 13:33:01 »
@WNG Thanks for your investigation. Nice to see that all these perks are available on MI-shield.

I got to see tyrants of the betrayer, or even just betrayer once. Can betrayer even roll on a shield?

While leveling a toon in normal act5 when Ragnarok was just released, i got this MI-shield, it's a Noxious Einherjar's Stand of the betrayer:

I keep this one in vault, although useless because of bad damage blocked, to remind me searching for a legendary one.
Note that only a defender can make a good use of such a shield though.

« Last Edit: 25 November 2018, 13:35:10 by Tauceti »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal