Author Topic: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins  (Read 488115 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ninakoru

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: [RESOURCES] Custom Models & Skins
« Reply #870 on: 07 July 2021, 12:14:38 »
I deleted all my mods on Steam. I'm not sure if I'll ever return or upload anything there. Nexus might not be as popular, but its better for someone not very social like me. Less pressure and less negative comments of the type: "Is this mod abandoned?" I couldn't stand it anymore. As long as I am alive, NOTHING is abandoned. Projects might be "on hold" for long periods of time but that's not the same as "dead". They will be dead when i'm dead or my passion to mod is dead. If that happens, you will know, one way or another.

As another mod creator I feel you, but you're certainly over-reacting.

This is the internet, when you connect with so many people in any way, you will always face that 1% of players that don't care over-demanding, trolls, haters... You name it, you got it. Most people don't bother to leave a comment, the ones that make the effort are those bad actors and a few happy mod users that wanted to thank you.

Don't feel pressured: at the end, you are working out of passion on non-monetized endeavors, from time to time appear the jerk who complains about the mods not being finished, not doing exactly what he/she wants, again, this is the internet. Most people understand we do this just because we want to, we don't get paid, and are very very grateful for it.

The most usual complain I see in my mods is: "The mod crashes X feature" or "The mod makes X feature worse", and nearly all of the time are problems that came from other mods, mod load order, mod compatibility issues, or a pirated version of the game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #871 on: 07 July 2021, 20:05:27 »
I deleted all my mods on Steam. I'm not sure if I'll ever return or upload anything there. Nexus might not be as popular, but its better for someone not very social like me. Less pressure and less negative comments of the type: "Is this mod abandoned?" I couldn't stand it anymore. As long as I am alive, NOTHING is abandoned. Projects might be "on hold" for long periods of time but that's not the same as "dead". They will be dead when i'm dead or my passion to mod is dead. If that happens, you will know, one way or another.
Best compromise IMO is what I did for SV - hide all comments (no one can make new comments/posts, or see old comments/posts, but they can subscribe/unsubscribe and rate).
It saves a lot of time.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #872 on: 08 July 2021, 16:45:17 »
Thank you all for the suggestions. Indeed i might have overreacted. But the mods were old and needed update, so its not that big deal. Soa, i think that your solution is best, to disable comments there and redirect to the forum/discord.
Btw, does someone know if the Steam Workshop tool has been fixed?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 阿睿凌霓剑裳

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +5
« Reply #873 on: 08 July 2021, 19:34:45 »
I like your mod very much. Don’t be overly concerned about other people’s opinions. Everyone defines the game differently. You can’t satisfy everyone. You are the best if you insist on being yourself. 8)
« Last Edit: 09 July 2021, 13:15:16 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #874 on: 08 July 2021, 21:29:54 »
Well, iirc you have to make an account on Nexus to download anything there which is why I don't use it for any mods I want to play. 

There is just preference, but Nexus infinitely better as mod hosting service, because it doesn't put non-relevant restriction on users, both publisher and consumers. Steam in reverse doesn't allow normal mod download (by simple link), and even if you somehow get it - for TQAE (at least in past years, and not for every game is true) they require to have game in your bag (e.g. buyed game from steam). So, as modder, you now publish mod on steam, and there is not enough, because, for example GOG-users will not be able download mod, and this ends what you should put mod in some additional service, like Nexus. So, in the end, publishing for become only more complex, rather than simpler.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #875 on: 09 July 2021, 03:20:21 »
There is just preference, but Nexus infinitely better as mod hosting service, because it doesn't put non-relevant restriction on users, both publisher and consumers.
It's also more polished when it comes to presentation imo. Maybe because its a dedicated site for mods, in difference to Steam, which is a "jack of all trades".
Medea, i think you dont need account to download normal mods from Nexus, only restricted ones (adult and such).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #876 on: 11 August 2021, 20:15:08 »
While i'm working on the illusion system - a new Ariadne version is uploaded to Nexus and Mega. What is new in Ariadne v2.5:

- Added hitboxes to all 3 variants, so the model can be used for mounted character.
- Skirt UV coordinates has been simplified and its much easier to texture skirts with ornaments for example. The price is this model no longer works with vanilla skirted skins.
- Body shape is curvier now, face is new, and all skin textures fit much better.
- Return of double-sided UV mesh (it was broken before)
- As a bonus, added a pack of 16 topless skins (by old request on Nexus) + the hair on the pics

Previews:

Links:

Mega
https://mega.nz/file/ZDJ2HDwL#TX55DXIzsnfX8Bx_EHk6Emr2dFvS5lZH-5becJmMD9k

Nexus
https://www.nexusmods.com/titanquestanniversaryedition/mods/12

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #877 on: 26 August 2021, 00:03:53 »
I'm feeling a bit down lately, last 3 weeks couldn't work on almost anything... However shaping naked girls in Blender can beat almost any depression  ^-^. I can literally do this for the rest of my life, if i know that i'm getting better over time. My dream has always been one day to be able to make real art in 3D, still far from it, but who knows, i may finally get there if i keep persisting.
What i mean by art - just check this guy's portfolio, it speaks better than a hundred words:
https://www.artstation.com/vasilpeychev
Man... what a master. I even bought one of his female models before to use as reference.

Anyway, here is the updated Ariadne version 2.9, gradually shaped over the last 3 weeks (pic is censored):

I went closer to vanilla with the texture, where the skin tone is darker and the eyes brighter. I think the original devs wanted a more exotic look, perhaps something like Adriana Lima:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Here is a link to 2.9:
https://mega.nz/file/MXAy0TRI#gstZ0CohkfpWu0ZoNnTwsMV2l0BQSxFE-tctTBEZwfY
Or download on Nexus:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #878 on: 27 August 2021, 21:44:17 »
Next version - 2.9C

Preview (censored nudity alert):
Spoiler for Hiden:

This is a texture update, I consider this my best female texture at the moment.
- Skin tone is more natural
- Reduced pixelization
- Removed most of the texture seams
- Added some details

Links:
https://mega.nz/file/cPRDBAqR#3HT-2RKaER_pzFeWcOqnFrFa3ZmavxpEngM1P8slNto
« Last Edit: 27 August 2021, 22:14:40 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #879 on: 01 September 2021, 23:44:18 »
I bought a course for 3D anatomy today, which should help me to fill some of the big gaps in knowledge that i have and to improve my sculpting skills. The course is cool and interesting, and the guy who is tutoring (he is from my country btw) is really experienced.
I recommend to anyone who is interested in this stuff:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Check his YouTube channel, there are a lot of free videos too.
For Ariadne 3.0 i plan to increase the vertex count again, which will allow me to sculpt the body in much more detail. Also the base texture is improved a bit, i'll post it in the next days.
When you want to shape a sexy and beautiful female form, mediocrity is not an option. So i simply have to "level up" in skill to reach that goal. Wish me luck :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #880 on: 02 September 2021, 10:30:57 »

When you want to shape a sexy and beautiful female form, mediocrity is not an option. So i simply have to "level up" in skill to reach that goal. Wish me luck :D

I wish you good luck during the next step, if the models were great now they will be even better  ;D
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #881 on: 02 September 2021, 22:26:19 »
Nargil66, best of luck my friend. Your body models are one of the best things in the TQ mod community.

You'll become even better  8) ;)

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #882 on: 12 September 2021, 23:15:24 »
« Last Rated on: 13 September 2021, 11:50:23 »
Thank you, Sauruz and Diego, your words mean a lot to me. Maybe for some people such efforts are next to pointless, since its TQ and not Sims4 or another game that focuses on character looks.

I'm on around half of the lections currently, already learned some new things about human anatomy, can't wait to start actual sculpting and practicing.

Btw, here is the latest nude texture (with a big delay):
https://mega.nz/file/FDwgXSzI#zlUB5GnLEdN1yZRBsZQPlkK7r36S0uJkVJ2iE1S5rZI

Rated 2 times
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #883 on: 15 September 2021, 23:12:57 »
« Last Rated on: 20 September 2021, 10:28:04 »
Here is something new - updated Horse Rider mod (it's now an addon and works with Atlantis and SV)

Horse Rider v2.0a (Addon)

This mod makes both playing characters mounted. All weapon and special skill animations are reworked to be usable from horseback.

Changes since old v1:
- The main change from old version is this version installs as an addon mod (from main game database), instead as a custom maps mod. To install, just unpack the folders in your MAIN GAME "Database" folder (remove previous addon mods if you have any). Launch the game. Your character will be riding a horse.
- Many animations are updated and improved since v1. Atlantis skill animations are supported.
- In v2 you can pick the look of your horse. There are 47 different types and colors currently. To change horse visuals, here is what to do:
1. Go to "Xpack/items/equipmentarmor/greaves" directory.
2. Inside you will see many meshes named "z_sleuth_greaves01m_XXXX.msh". Pick your chosen mesh and rename it to just "z_sleuth_greaves01m.msh", which is the actual horse mesh your character uses.
3. That's it! Enjoy the new mount variety :)
- The mod is compatible with Soulvizier

Known issues:
- Some NPCs who use player animations will look like riding an invisible horse. I can't prevent this in an addon mod, sadly.
- The horse doesn't have sounds. Again, it's not doable in an addon.
- Some animations are faster than normal. I'll try to fix it for future versions.

Previews (available horses):
https://imgur.com/a/q5vqAxM

Links:
https://mega.nz/file/ROpCDTQA#045efGJQyKSfXNRHUVlu5AeiPZ__SPnYiJtZHMH_1_Y

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #884 on: 10 October 2021, 00:43:49 »
« Last Rated on: 10 October 2021, 14:20:16 »
My Nth attempt to make a good Nymph Maenad:

Snake Priestess
Spoiler for Hiden:

This is the newest nymph base model (small tweaks on face and body)
Everything is still WIP.

And just a cool artwork of maenads:
« Last Edit: 10 October 2021, 00:46:37 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal