Author Topic: First time pet-focused summoner  (Read 1841 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
First time pet-focused summoner
« on: 23 September 2021, 21:43:17 »
Hey,

Long time lurker since true OGs such as poinas, violos and irma2 posting around. Been years and just started to play again. I always play hardcore, thanks to Diablo 2 days. So wanted to try summoner without one single death.

Hence the summons are very fun and fast beginning of the game, I started with nature and max wolves. I'll max core dweller after wolves. Planned to max eruption as well, my main damage source will be wolves tho. Eruption will make things just a lil bit easier methinks.

Well, a few questions in my mind. Please don't forget that I play HC, so means if I die, I'll delete that character.

1) Nymph is effective in AE? Worth to maxx her?
2) Cannot decide attributes. Went 1:1 int/dex. But why do I need more dex than I need for gear? I put all of quest rewards to health as poinas suggests btw. However I overthink on attributes most of the time. I believe str/dex and int/dex 1:1 for casters and melees are ok.

Love this game so much!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: First time pet-focused summoner
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2021, 06:25:10 »
Nymph can be good, but if you're going to max wolves, Corrie, Eruption and other skills like Earth Enchantment, Refresh and Heart of Oak then I'm not sure you'll have enough points to go around.

You don't need more dex than what you need to equip gear.  But if, like me, you end up in the middle of fights it makes sense to have a lot more.  Nature's skills don't benefit from intel so it's really only Earth that benefits there.   Personally I go 1:1 intel:dex myself for all my casters.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2021, 12:27:15 »
Nymph can be good, but if you're going to max wolves, Corrie, Eruption and other skills like Earth Enchantment, Refresh and Heart of Oak then I'm not sure you'll have enough points to go around.

You don't need more dex than what you need to equip gear.  But if, like me, you end up in the middle of fights it makes sense to have a lot more.  Nature's skills don't benefit from intel so it's really only Earth that benefits there.   Personally I go 1:1 intel:dex myself for all my casters.

Ya that was what I thought. However, I started with Guardian, because it is my first time on AE, and wanted to go with tank build. Started with nature and maxed wolves, so they do most of things for me. I just run around and loot, and just take an action on boss fights. Shadowmaw almost killed me tho, first time saw him. After I finish game with Guardian, I'ma join Xmax HC challenge for fun.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bughuul

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2021, 22:50:16 »
Also wanted to ask another question, out of topic tho.

It's quite rare but I still get lag from time to time. I read that they fixed it on AE. Will direct 9 make a different?

And, second question is that what's different between greens and "this green color"? I believe that it came with AE. Didn't buy Ragnarök yet, will buy it later.

Pic here for two types of greens,

https://imgur.com/a/Xzzge8z

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2021, 10:20:01 »
DX9 version may make a difference.  Try it and see.   You could also try this

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-core-switcher-force-gd-to-use-all-cores-equally/100875

Works with both Grim Dawn and Titan Quest.

As for the olive green that denotes an MI (Monster Infrequent).  Special items that only drop from certain monsters.  Also the lack of any affixes is another indicator of MI's. 

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal