Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48463 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #165 on: 20 June 2021, 13:19:38 »
Alright new update is lovely!

I can admit im no longer a mana addicted ahah , its feels so  good spaming the archers at will ah!

Completed Normal diff! I enjoy how reworked Atlantis quest to unlock the barrier as well with the serpentoid leader rework!

Also Atlantis gameplay is very smooth, theres no fps drops, who knew the ragdoll could affect negatively the performance. Its great.

So i advanced to Epic difficulty and right now im in Ambrossus.

I think im facing the same problem with Satyr Brute from Medicine Quest, hes dmg is fine , but hes absorv dmg bit to much dmg, not counting in colossus form, so i skipped for now until i advance bit more in the act.

Pandarus is alright, but i think is 2nd form have alot of life leech, or what i could see it is.

Is the Skelleton Boss from Helos graveyard same tier as Uberboss ?

Boarcatcher spider is alright, same with skelletal brothers.

I couldnt find the Itchian Queen in Cyclops lair, but there is her chest.

Nessus, well its more or less, i think he was more fragile thand Satyr Shaman boss, not sure.

Ajax Iberias sword have +2 invalid skill profile.

So far its fun, i enoy the new quest ambushes :)

Edit 1 : Ratman Priest Boss give 668 exp in Epic, isnt that low ?
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 14:02:41 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #166 on: 20 June 2021, 14:44:43 »
Btw, what should the map/mod say in Custom Game for this mod?  I show LegionofChampionsAtlantis - LegionofChampionsAtlantis.map  Is that correct?  Just wondering since I had trouble getting the mod installed properly.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: 20 June 2021, 16:04:18 »
Btw, what should the map/mod say in Custom Game for this mod?  I show LegionofChampionsAtlantis - LegionofChampionsAtlantis.map  Is that correct?  Just wondering since I had trouble getting the mod installed properly.

Yep it should be it, since its showing to me as well
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: 20 June 2021, 16:26:33 »

Yep it should be it, since its showing to me as well

Good.  Trying to help someone get the mod installed correctly and now I can let him know what map it should be.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #169 on: 20 June 2021, 18:44:53 »
Take a look at this video。 The shaking is very serious。
I see it in your video.

I always run my game on highest settings for all options and I have never seen this before. Perhaps it is a computer issue for you?

Nevertheless, I have recreated the particle effect for shield bang for next update. I used an existing particle effect from the Troglodytes in Hades as a base as I know that works for you. I simply moved emitters, added an additive shader ring effect and increased the diameter of the emmited particle  textures.

For future reference, I run on higest settings ALL the time, always have and I have never had this issue.

2,These skills are still only + 4,there is no repair。
I don't know if you forgot or plan to repair it later。

Dream Mastery:Psionic Touch、Phantom Strike。

Defense Mastery:2、Defensive Reaction、3、Disable

Runes Mastery: 1、Unleash 2、Reckless Offense  3、Sacred Rage  4、Frightening Power 5、Rune Storm 6、Runeword: Explode  7、Runeword: Burn  8、Thunder Strike
I didn't "forget".

Some I was able to fix, the others listed here are a mystery.

The skill files have all the values to +10, the ultimate skill level set to +10, yet they only go to +4 in game. Why?

I don't know, this game is very buggy...and I will say it, even moreso since Anniversary Edition and the new DLC.

This is what I'm going to do: Create new database files of the skills listed and rename them. This will trick any scripts or hardcoded values for these skills in the game engine as these are not the skills they are looking for.

Then add them to the skill tree and all the UI entries and then do a mass database search and replace in the +skills item affixes and then do a mass search and replace in artifacts and items for vanilla skill augments and replace these with the new skill paths.

This will keep me busy for a couple days I guess, but I have everything set correctly in the database right now and these skills still max out at +4.

I have an intuition that this will break Dream's tier 7 staff skill for Psionic Touch. Just a feeling.

3、Rune Golem:Attack damage does not show numbers。(Don't show attack damage numbers)Can this be repaired?
No.
4、Defense Mastery:Guardian's Bulwark(skill),+16  learn skills。The skill tree shows + 10 to learn skills。
Yes, okay fixed for next update.

Also ArtManager Archive->Compact probably will do this for you.

This is probably all you're going to get me to do. All the rest is too complicated for me to understand. The other thing I guess is to delete the compiled mod and recompile it from scratch I guess.

Alright new update is lovely!
Thank you sauruz, your praise takes the bitter taste of bad news out of my mouth.

I think im facing the same problem with Satyr Brute from Medicine Quest, hes dmg is fine , but hes absorv dmg bit to much dmg, not counting in colossus form, so i skipped for now until i advance bit more in the act.
Okay, I will completely remove his Battle Awareness buff.

Pandarus is alright, but i think is 2nd form have alot of life leech, or what i could see it is.
I will lower the life leech.

Is the Skelleton Boss from Helos graveyard same tier as Uberboss ?
Ha ha, yeah. It makes me smile thinking about how hard this boss is and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me. Quite cathartic.

I couldnt find the Itchian Queen in Cyclops lair, but there is her chest.
I don't understand. I just went through all the settings and they are the same for her spawn as Normal difficulty. Why? Ah, well...just put this on the pile.

Ajax Iberias sword have +2 invalid skill profile.
Typo in the file path. I will fix it.

Edit 1 : Ratman Priest Boss give 668 exp in Epic, isnt that low ?
Yeah, it was 0. So I will add that value.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: 20 June 2021, 19:03:38 »
I completed act I, few minuts ago.

I went back after defeat telkine and i was able to defeat the Satyr Brute, i think it can be my dps wasnt good enought. Maybe instead of removing, lower a bit the values ?

I was happy after i could defeat the Helos Graveyard skellie boss, he was tuff! Can i sugest maybe to increase or buff his majestic orb ?

I could defeat the Athens Liche! Holy it was a epic batle and enjoy very much, specially how equal balanced he is. Hes Majestic Chest is very worthy to farm! I got 2 legendarys and few blues, i might to kill him a few times before going to Egypt.

Overall, the act was fun. Telkine and Minotaur were balanced.

I couldnt defeat Talos, Ghost Spider and Goblincatcher ( this one is for obvious reason dont mind me), probably need to boost my equips, also im using a satyr mi staff wich is fire based probably they have a solid fire resistance.

Shouldnt Centaur horn cause fear ? because i think its like vanilla, cause stuns

I got my 2nd crash , inside the Minoan Labyrinth, after i defeat the 2x deamon groups after the 2nd rebirth fountain. Not sure why, maybe its the game, but my 1st crash was around the Labyrinth before enter Minotaur Lord. I will do more runs to see if i can spot more.

BTW, maybe you can copy the shadowmaw or Leimon or any special fixed proxies that AE give and use for the itchian ? i think atleast when i use then for fixed boss spawn it always work. in case you dont use it,

I think i didnt forget anything O:-)
« Last Edit: 20 June 2021, 19:07:09 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: 20 June 2021, 20:23:19 »
Talos is a fire based construct, I think that's your problem lol. Try it with a Storm/Rogue and see if that helps. :)

Centaur Horn does cause fear, but it causes stun also in Epic and Legendary.

I gave the Helos Graveyard mini-boss the same loot as bosses now. At least 1st time, then it's just crap.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: 20 June 2021, 20:31:42 »
2,These skills are still only + 4,there is no repair。
I don't know if you forgot or plan to repair it later。

Dream Mastery:Psionic Touch、Phantom Strike。

Defense Mastery:2、Defensive Reaction、3、Disable

Runes Mastery: 1、Unleash 2、Reckless Offense  3、Sacred Rage  4、Frightening Power 5、Rune Storm 6、Runeword: Explode  7、Runeword: Burn  8、Thunder Strike
I didn't "forget".

Some I was able to fix, the others listed here are a mystery.

The skill files have all the values to +10, the ultimate skill level set to +10, yet they only go to +4 in game. Why?

I don't know, this game is very buggy...and I will say it, even moreso since Anniversary Edition and the new DLC.

This is what I'm going to do: Create new database files of the skills listed and rename them. This will trick any scripts or hardcoded values for these skills in the game engine as these are not the skills they are looking for.

Then add them to the skill tree and all the UI entries and then do a mass database search and replace in the +skills item affixes and then do a mass search and replace in artifacts and items for vanilla skill augments and replace these with the new skill paths.

This will keep me busy for a couple days I guess, but I have everything set correctly in the database right now and these skills still max out at +4.

I have an intuition that this will break Dream's tier 7 staff skill for Psionic Touch. Just a feeling.

I don't have any proof that it's necessary, but in SV, all skills in masteries come from new dbr files, with more or less similar names.
Even if the skill itself appears and works the same ingame, there is a distinct dbr.
I believe this was done for a reason.

I did that for Psionic Beam (staff attack tier 7) and it works. But you really have to put it as a 1st modifier in the skill tree dbr, as they did in vanilla, even if it's the 3rd when looking the tree ingame. Otherwise it won't work.
https://imgur.com/QQ6nZ3k

The same thing can be said about set bonuses, it is advised to create new dbrs for your mod instead of modifying existing files.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: 20 June 2021, 21:47:22 »
Yeah, I started to change everything to new directory on one of my previous mods, and I didn't this time becuase I forgot about this stuff.

I'm gonna have to do that, aren't I?

Anyway, here's the result for my mod changing theskill file names and adding them to the skill tree/UI entries:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: 21 June 2021, 00:09:56 »
Well, I was able to fix all the Runemaster skills by changing the skill file names. And the two from Defense.

But I had to give up on Dream. The Psionic Touch line just isn't working fpor me, despite renaming the files.

So I deleted my files and restored all three vanilla files. So now you can have your Psionic Beam skill at level 7 just like vanilla. Yay. But all three skills only go to +4 over max and have not been altered from vanilla. Oh well.

I also began work on moving ALL player skills to a new directory. I have gone as far as I can without breaking the existing interface, which, unlike some developers (cough). I am not yet willing to do.

Eventually I will and all the alpha testing player characters will stop working and you will have to start from scratch as even the masteries will be in a new directory. Item stash will be unaffected.

For now, I will leave it alone as there are bound to be bugs that aren't skill related to find.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also moved all set files to a new directory and xpacks subdirectories and then did a mass search and replace in the items directories for base game and xpacks.
« Last Edit: 21 June 2021, 00:17:00 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: 21 June 2021, 03:29:39 »
https://mega.nz/file/kMIxjAJL#Gv68A7mTcrSX6AhpKCD-zMgR1UEqJ2scoAlRqvZxqJs

It's not connected,I don't know if it will have an impact。 Maybe that's why?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: 21 June 2021, 03:55:22 »
The ui skill connector bitmaps?

Ha ha, anything is possible with this game now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: 21 June 2021, 07:34:23 »
NS(Nintendo Switch),Psionic Touch,It can't be used either。I don't know why。

I like this skill very much. It's a pity.  Only + 4. That's too weak
« Last Edit: 21 June 2021, 15:06:17 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: 21 June 2021, 10:03:15 »

Centaur Horn does cause fear, but it causes stun also in Epic and Legendary.

Dont  fear and stun at same time overlap one or another ? I mean if they get caught in stun the fear dont work right ? Or Vise versa.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: 21 June 2021, 16:55:55 »
Hey yeah! I mean, if I removed the stun...would I get angry mobs with torches assaulting my home? Doubtful lol

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal