Author Topic: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development  (Read 34988 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development
« Reply #120 on: 19 June 2021, 21:04:57 »
The rare_extra relic stopped working in my mod.

So I removed the file from my mod and the archive and then it worked again.

In order to change the level requirement for the extra relic, I would have to add the file to my mod, and then it wouldn't work.

The extra relic affix is NOT a new template or a revision of the original affix template.

My conclusion is that the extra relic affix is handled via script in the game engine. If it is in my mod, then file path it looks for to apply the effect is different, like "LegionofChampions/Database/Records... instead of Database/records and the script exits.

EDIT: The good news is that I can have the extrarelic as a completion bonus for ordnance :)
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 21:06:35 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: 19 June 2021, 22:03:32 »
Okay, good.

Then I am back to the fact that it doesn't work when applied as a completion bonus when creating an artifact. It doesn't work on Ordnance.

Okay, then I will add it to my mod and reduce the level requirement and we'll see how it goes.

I didn't change the bitmaps as you suggested for formula as I don't want to use the relic/charm bitmaps unchanged for formula. That is too confusing to use the same bitmap for two different things. However, I did change the second and third formula ingredient to any grade of health potions.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #123 on: 22 June 2021, 21:58:07 »
Having fun with this; heading for the MinoLab with my Ranger today.  I think I'm going to hate Cyclops for debuffing me soon.   ;D  Have to take them down before they can do their thing.  Couldn't deal with the big spider in Xanthippus' quest cave; Alastor wasn't easy with a Ranger, but I did manage to bring him down - nearly died once or twice though. 

Not really happy with Dread Pirate Robert's location; it's difficult to see what's going on with that camera angle.  I preferred his location in the previous version of the mod.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #124 on: 22 June 2021, 22:07:04 »

Not really happy with Dread Pirate Robert's location; it's difficult to see what's going on with that camera angle.  I preferred his location in the previous version of the mod.

Didnt Dread Pirate Robert always appear in that location? where you find the sailor chests, in previous versions ? I think he always showed up in that spot

When i face him i tend to lure him near the cliffs entrance of Halycon Coast, since he have a medium chasing vison, wouldnt be a problem.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2021, 22:09:17 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: 22 June 2021, 22:08:47 »
Yes, but before the controller-support-map-repathing-disaster I had broadened the beach there so there was more room.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: 22 June 2021, 22:21:40 »

Didnt Dread Pirate Robert always appear in that location? where you find the sailor chests, in previous versions ? I think he always showed up in that spot

When i face him i tend to lure him near the cliffs entrance of Halycon Coast, since he have a medium chasing vison, wouldnt be a problem.

He used spawn up the stairs in the original area in the old version of the mod.  Wasn't an extra bit of beach in that. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: 22 June 2021, 22:30:56 »
Ah, you are talking about Davy Jones.

he used to spawn up the stairs in the Skeletal Raiders quest area.

And yes, I agree about that camera angle. I will see what I can do. That stairs area is so small, I think I will expand it out into the water there.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: 22 June 2021, 22:43:19 »
You can remove some walls/colluns in the ruined area, it can make that spot a bit larger.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: 22 June 2021, 22:53:38 »
Ah, you are talking about Davy Jones.

he used to spawn up the stairs in the Skeletal Raiders quest area.

And yes, I agree about that camera angle. I will see what I can do. That stairs area is so small, I think I will expand it out into the water there.

Yeah, confused the two. 

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: 23 June 2021, 06:31:32 »
Oh, another thing; these spawns from the rock formations - can you highlight the ones they can happen with so I can avoid the darn things.  Like the Ancient Altars they should highlight when I pass my cursor over them, but they don't.  I just find them a bit annoying and would give them a wide berth where possible - if I knew which ones do and which don't spawn.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: 23 June 2021, 17:41:10 »
I will just remove the spawns and leave the aura.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: 23 June 2021, 17:57:42 »
The obsidians rocks around the world ? I lke very much the concept you did for then. They spawn random creatures and do debuff to your pets. As any enviroment effect do. As you shouldnt stay to much time near then.

it is a cool feature, in my opinion.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: 23 June 2021, 18:33:29 »
« Last Rated on: 23 June 2021, 18:38:57 »
The idea is that you CAN'T mouse over them or harm them in any way. You must avoid them like an environment object.

They only have a 3m visual range so you have to get close for them to see you, like me without my glasses.

When the first spawn happens you get away, make it follow then dispatch it, but when your pets find it first and go to fight it, it can see them and spawns more and it can escalate out of control if you aren't careful....especially if you are fighting a champion Cyclops while it's happening. THe RUnegolems and Skeletons are the worst because they are immune to the fear aura lol

But if you have to explain the joke, it isn't a good joke. If this was a game I had made from scratch myself, engine and everything like the indie devs  out there, that would be different.

In other news, I have completely changed the Storm summons skills.

Frost wisp at level 1 you can have 3. Ice Golem is like the vanilla Outsider Summons at level 5. I am playing a Druid and it is fun.

Of course Ice Golem doesn't do %current life but he does a lot of physical, cold and elemental damage. He lives 45 seconds and 120 second cooldown.

I loved the Frost Wisp breath attack and it was great to bring them back. :) Their mesh is easier to keep track of in bright environments.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kramba

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: 23 June 2021, 20:26:34 »
Hey there everyone, i'm pretty new to the forum,

Just wanted to thank you for the revival of LoC. I really enjoyed the first one.

From what i'd tested there is no game breaking bugs. Everything went pretty good, went to act 2 without annoying issue exept some hero monster or extra bosses wich are for a more try hard session :p.
The only bug i've seen is from act1 at sparta there is a way to pass through the water except that its ok. Also how much skeleton & zombies did you add to spawn from the black rock breaking out from the floor " like obsidian rock " its cool to see how far you put some new mechanics into this game, just miss the big guardian golem from the defense mastery :D

Have a good day.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal