Author Topic: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development  (Read 34995 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development
« Reply #90 on: 03 June 2021, 10:39:24 »
Hope it won't be long before we can play the new version of LoC.   :)  Looking forward to it. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #91 on: 03 June 2021, 11:23:44 »
Looking forward to it.  ^-^ ^-^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #92 on: 04 June 2021, 17:35:02 »
I am overwhelmed at this point with the more subtle nuances of playtesting , just the sheer number of hours to get to legendary and then sit back and think about it after the fact.

That and I love the Nature mastery so much lol. Just yesterday I changed the Acid (Physical DoT) damage on Tranquility of Water and removed the "chance" so it applies every time.

This was after playing Rogue/Nature to Epic and finding my fears about the Acid damage being too powerful were completely unfounded.

Also I had what I thought was a clever solution to traps, a passive buff that nerfs all damage but pierce. But it wasn;t what I thought and made them pretty underpowered that I hardly used them.

Logically, not much has flat Physical Resistance which of course is what Acid damage uses for defense, and that would mean it would be more effective than poison damage but even when the amount of damage is equal to the poison damage from Envenom Weapon and added to the second modifier (poison from Envenom Weapon base skill + second modifier applies the same amount as Physical DoT) the only practical difference is when fighting things resistant to poison. The monsters that would have died to poison don't die faster as far as gameplay since the poison would have done them in anyway.

This was my playthrough attempt at an Acid build. There isn't much equipment that boosts it, but I was wearing all of it and I wasn't progressing any faster than an elemental build.

EDIT: Also, if I want to add a quest or change the map this will break player characters. So I am hesitant to release ti as I want the freedom to add new areas and quests.

I have an idea for Atlantis and have started some of the decorative work. Something about "Talos Mk.II" in an abandoned research facility that I haven't made yet  in the map.

I could upload the mod right now as far as alpha playtesting and kind and patient feedback, if anyone would be interested in collaborating.

EDIT 2: Also, the doors for my custom quests suddenly don't unlock so I have to fix that and I'm just not motivated enough right now.

EDIT 3: I remember one like 20 years ago now when I was in college learning basic computer development for the web. I was making a user form in some Microsoft program and had my middle son come to test it. He broke it right away and my jaw dropped. he had a gift for breaking my software, it was surreal. And I always miss what are obvious flaws to to others, it's embarrassing.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2021, 18:00:42 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: 04 June 2021, 18:21:11 »
You could do same system as in Ragnarok edition, you release a test version and you kept doing the new additions, for me i dont mind at all if i have to start over :P!

Dont tell me about it, two weekends ago,  i was just wondering about why my boss door stoped working from a day to a another, i was just desmotivating, kept fixing stuff  wich were working. Lucky i had just to change the "Yes" parameter in the Quest editor and was done , still is annoying lol
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: 04 June 2021, 18:33:10 »
I don't understand, what "Yes" parameter do you mean?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: 04 June 2021, 18:39:56 »
I don't understand, what "Yes" parameter do you mean?

Ups, i mean "True" in the Resettable parameter
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: 04 June 2021, 18:58:06 »
Which quest command, the "unlock fixed item" action?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: 04 June 2021, 19:10:27 »
Which quest command, the "unlock fixed item" action?
Last one  - "Open Door" if i remenber correctly, i had to compare the existing ones to see what different i was.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: 04 June 2021, 23:29:06 »
I could upload the mod right now as far as alpha playtesting and kind and patient feedback, if anyone would be interested in collaborating.
Sign me in :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mausi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #99 on: 06 June 2021, 18:18:04 »
Sign me in :)

If it's to play and give feedback even just for testing purposes, I'd be there. @ bumbleguppy: You know I really enjoyed playing your mod before and I would also be willing to do a German translation when the mod is ready for release...I would be very happy if I could test....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: 07 June 2021, 00:43:38 »
OH hi, Mausi! :)

Sure, I will send a link soon.

Today, I learned that MEGA file share has a desktop client that allows SYNCHING files.

So I got it all installed and set up a compressed file of the mod as a synch file so I only have to post the link once and just update the file on my desktop and it is all automatic. Kinda like Dropbox but without the annoying upgrade-to-pro spam.

I got the Egypt optional boss quest working and the door unlocks and opens no problems. It's a tough boss and the quest reward is a random Act 2 unique item.

Working on Fu T'sang Lung optional miniboss, I just deleted the map I had made and made a small cave entered from near the last portal in Act 3.

I had a funny idea, see, Fu T'sang Lung is the guardian of treasures so I made some minions that are Mystical Accountants. They have a missile skill that explodes coins for big damage, but here's the thing: I didn't use a projectile template but a projectile spawn pet. The pet dies and casts an Attack Radius but I gave it the BossGoldGenerator file link so he drops actual money on every attack. :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: 07 June 2021, 03:47:18 »
I'm looking forward to it

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: 10 June 2021, 22:14:18 »
Read on the Steam forum and it's come up before that pets don't scale with player level. That's true and if there is a way to use the player level somewhere in the game files to affect a pet I haven't found it.

But something I have fooled around with before is adding a petbonus to the mastery file so I did.

It's not a huge thing, but it still runs the risk of pushing pets into OP territory, I have to be careful but I also don't know exactly what values would be best.

Here's the values in the petbonus at level 40 for each mastery (they all start at 0 for level 1):

Defense: 20% Physical Damage, 20 strength, 25 armor
Earth: 25% fire damage, 25% burn damage, 20 strength
Hunting: 20% pierce damage, 20% bleed damage, 20 dexterity
Nature: 15% Elemental damage, 20% Acid damage, 50 Health
Spirit: 20% vitality damage, 15% ADCtH, 20% Life Leech
Rogue: 15% Pierce, Bleeding, Acid and Poison Damage
Storm: 25% Cold and Lightning damage, 20 Intelligence
Warfare: 20 Strength, 20 Dexterity, 20% Physical Damage
Dream: 15% Total Damage
Runemaster: 20 Intelligence, 20% Elemental Damages

« Last Edit: 10 June 2021, 22:16:31 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: 14 June 2021, 20:37:20 »
lol that reminds me, I just plowed a path right through the middle of the Athenian Battleground. Right up the middle (like a big middle finger). Removed many sections of walls to make pathing easy and it is totally great lol

You can hang around there and clear it or not, up to the player.

Looking at what you did in Athens Batlegrounds, and seeing how runs well ingame, i'm so tempting to do the same on my mod, but at same time im scared.

I swear i can't stop thinking in that cursed Battlegrounds

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: 14 June 2021, 21:00:28 »
I don't really know why that area is so unstable for me, but I am still going with the notion that it is the pathing of so many monsters and pets trying to get through obstacles they can't go through to kill each other and there is so many computations happening so fast that every now and then one bit goes wrong and a cascade of errors crashes the game.

That's my conviction and I am sticking with it lol

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal