Author Topic: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development  (Read 34929 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development
« Reply #75 on: 29 May 2021, 23:30:17 »
That's a good idea, thank you. Common quality amulet is pretty specific and don't exist except if I create them.

It could even be an added bonus quest reward kinda thing. Neat!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: 01 June 2021, 23:34:46 »
Game crashed to desktop unexpectedly when attempting to travel to the Atlantis Widerness. Both Steam and GOG.

I had unsubscribed from the beta (which I don't like at all, but it makes no difference whether I like it or not). I had never experienced a crash before. I had just played up through the Garden of the Hesperides successfully (tweaking the monsters on Epic as I had made them too tough and had multiple party wipes lol). Upon returning to Gadir, I tried to travel to Atlantis, game crashes to desktop.

Verified game files. Crash. Looked at arcane and mysterious crash file which doesn't help very much. All I could try to intuit was that it was crashing on the custom map? It didn't before, like before the beta subscription. I hadn't touched the Atlantis map for a week or more and I had successfully completed Legendary difficulty Atlantis since then.

So I tried opening the map in the Editor. Selecting the Atalntis Jungle area map and trying to switch to the level view crashed the Editor. Both Steam's and GOG's versions.

So I tried pasting an older backup of the levels listed in the exception crash file and force saving them. Editor crashed.

So I extracted the game map fresh and just pasted the entire XPack3 map over all my custom work I had done.

Well, the editor doesn't crash anymore and I successfully traveled to Atlantis Wilderness.

Really a shame about the months of tedious work on my custom map, but I am getting used to this by now. I wish I could just go back to the stable disc version, oh well.

I'll try to re-do some of the custom map work I did. Maybe I will just limit myself to new proxies and hope for the best.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #77 on: 01 June 2021, 23:50:11 »
When i do a major change in the editor i do backup the current content i have , just incase of a mysterious crash appear.

I really hate the random crash in the editor, without a single explanation or a litle of it.

If its only in that area, maybe you asset was corrupted or a monster file was bad built. I had long ago a crash that show up only in the editor and the reason was a global monster file i gave then, it appear from nonwhere.

Dont give up man, we are prepared for those types of letdowns, like in Athens Batlegrounds, but it wont stop us!

I suggest to jump and change Atlantis wilderness right away, to see if crash. Or maybe it was a teleport from Landon dragon ?

Probaably it was from beta ? beta can change any minute wich could lead crashes i think
« Last Edit: 01 June 2021, 23:53:53 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: 02 June 2021, 00:21:32 »
lol that reminds me, I just plowed a path right through the middle of the Athenian Battleground. Right up the middle (like a big middle finger). Removed many sections of walls to make pathing easy and it is totally great lol

You can hang around there and clear it or not, up to the player.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: 02 June 2021, 00:32:43 »
Now that is somthing i want to see  ;D

Edited: I been thinking on last few months, maybe the reason the Athens warcamp is so instable is duo of Hydra breaths been projectile template and not wave template as other breaths ?

« Last Edit: 02 June 2021, 01:32:54 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: 02 June 2021, 18:14:16 »
Game crashes to desktop continually now when entering the Foetid Lair in Tegea. I've tried pasting fresh copies of Corinth and surrounds and the lair itself and recompiling the map, but without a debug log I'm just shooting into the air.

I don't know what to do at this point, the game is now unplayable.

EDIT: I also used the GOG Galaxy "rollback" feature and went back to the last game version.
« Last Edit: 02 June 2021, 18:15:54 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #81 on: 02 June 2021, 18:34:41 »
Oh no.   :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: 02 June 2021, 18:57:20 »
When you open  Fetid lair in the editor it crash ?

Its a possibily when you were working with 2.10 beta test and back to 2.9 something might went wrong.

Test everyhting you  have in that area, the spiders/nests/arachnos

Dont give up!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: 02 June 2021, 21:39:23 »
I was out of ideas so I tried what you said, sauruz.

It was the custom mesh for the Spider Egg treasure chests.

I changed them to the original from the XPack directory and no crash.

I didn't know you could use the original mesh with no attachment points as a container, but I guess you can. I am so timid sometimes, I should have tried that first before using a custom mesh but I was so scared it wouldn't work before I even tried lol. It's always been a problem, but it works now.

I've already restored the Tegea area from my backup. Next I will try the custom areas around Corinth.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: 02 June 2021, 22:22:16 »
Glad you found it out!

Normally when a specific area of the map crash ingame or in the editor is the monster model , monster skill or the animation, in rare ocasion can be the map itself.

I remenber month ago i had crash on the ratman warcamp before gorgons, i was wondering "what the hell is going on, 1 hour ago it was fine", then i select everything i had and found out it was a monster skill having a wrong pathing on the database.

Even the things you less except are the cause of the problem, as you already know that :P

If i can use spider eggs from xpack as obelisk or even trees as bird nests i think it can work as container, as long it have animation/text data on the mesh (i think?)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: 02 June 2021, 22:41:40 »
The spider eggs from the original location have no text data, that's why I worried it wouldn't work in the first place. But I guess anything can be a container. Just walk up to a Yak and click it and treasure falls out lol

So everything is working fine again, thanks to you, sauruz. :)

I was able to find my unique hat this run:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: 02 June 2021, 22:53:55 »
No problem!!

aah i laught alot when i saw the detail made in the hat!

Maybe  all + pets skill as bonus can be more one extra reason to farm to get that beautifull hat  ::)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: 02 June 2021, 23:00:43 »
It's fun :)

BTW, the black brim is an error in the inventory portrait rendering, the in-game overworld respects the textures and shader work I did and it just looks like a silly pointed cap.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: 03 June 2021, 04:34:57 »
Everything is going great again and I couldn't be more pleased. :)

Something weird, Arachne can't cast mines I think. I made a skill with poison puddle mines and tested it with my character, I also gave it to other monsters and it works really well.

But for some reason Arachne's mines all superimpose on top of each other in one big mass stacked puddle.

So I gave her a separate new spider summon where they have the same look and stats as the other spiders but they get the deathspinner poison bolt skill and I gave them the Machae archer controller. Much better.

Ah, the Mysteries of Titan Quest Modding.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: 03 June 2021, 10:25:18 »
Have you tried to remake the skill again ?

If you had this working before import into beta and then you repack again into 2.9 maybe some skills templates or combination changed during the process.

Still better Arachne minions is always a good thing. Sometimes the best ideias appear when something stop working   :))

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal