Author Topic: Made a new char in AE, any mastery ideas?  (Read 4964 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Made a new char in AE, any mastery ideas?
« on: 01 January 2018, 19:23:05 »
I've pretty much completed the game with most toons in tq IT, i want something fun and preferably melee to start my TQ AE career, any ideas?

EDIT: My character is level 3 btw, i have yet to pick a mastery. Might go all the way to level 8 before i pick masteries and add the points.
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Made a new char in AE, any mastery ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2018, 21:17:24 »
soothsayer.. because i don't think melee soothsayers are popular but I've no doubt it can be just as effective as petmaster or ternion soothsayers

then make a guide about it :)

edit: just saw one right here but i stopped reading when i saw 1pt in HoO and none in dark covenant

https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/343786746000217554/

maxing the first 2 plague skills but leaving susceptibility at lvl 1

well i can't expect much from someone who says mages are trash in this game.. I'd rather read a guide written by a real pro

https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/343785574517316030/

ok just finished reading.. and he chooses which bosses to face tank and which not to face tank.. that's not a real melee

ps: let me know if I'm breaking any rules :) I've written it with some disgust.. I can remove everything after "then make a guide about it"
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 22:30:45 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2018, 23:12:22 »
All i know is that my summoner is a beast, even thouigh my 100% cd gear doesnt work anymore in AE i tested it and hes still good. And hes INT based (mostly INT and some HP). Core dweller is amazing if you are ok with sending him to take aggro and waiting a bit. He was doing great even in massbosses mod. Im gonna check out that combo you suggested but im not sure, i really wanted something like a tank. Was considering to re-make a conqueror or something of that sort. hmm
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01 January 2018, 23:23:08 »
it was TQIT made so it was mostly int.. but i think if you were starting a new summoner in TQAE and you read this change:

+ Physical damage from abilities and item bonuses now scales with Strength (10% per 65)

you would at least consider putting some in strength.. especially that strength of the pack also boosts the physical in eruption and volcanic orb.. no lack in damage while also making you tankier
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #4 on: 02 January 2018, 01:08:50 »
Yeah, I personally like Summoners and Soothsayers simply for the pets. I always have liked armies, ever since Diablo 2.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Giant2005

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 02 January 2018, 02:01:28 »
I like my spirit users of the non-Ternion variety.
Now that vitality damage scales with Int, you can really capitalize on Necrosis.
Get a Dreadful/Dire weapon of Nightmares/Devouring, a Legendary Fury's Heartblood, and some Legendary Vile Ichors; and at it all to the Vit damage Dream already brings to the table.
It is a good way to build an int-based, high damage, high survivability, melee pet-user.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2018, 02:53:40 »
this is the new TQ.. melees getting int and mages getting str ;)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2018, 08:44:08 »
Well, they're all fun.  I kinda love Defense so Templar (Dream), Guardian (Nature), Corsair (Rogue), Juggernaut (Earth), Paladin (Storm) or Warden (Hunting).  Paladin can be fun if you get someting like Frostbite or Glacial Maul foes freeze, break into little bits of ice and then melt away.  ;D

Really depends on how melee you want to be.  With Guardian you can have a small army of wolves and the Nymph to help out, Corsair gives you traps and knives for some AoE, Juggernaut you can have Corrie backing you up.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal