Author Topic: Titan Quest - Titanomachy Mod ( Development )  (Read 217922 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Titan Quest - Titanomachy Mod ( Development )
« Reply #105 on: 09 May 2019, 17:18:37 »
I think i found my Nemesis, i hate dungeon links, all night to try connect the extra floor i made with no stairs... just door to door, had to give up before i went to crazy lol.

I remove the system i had and put stairs....well, it worked on 1st try,  :o ^-^.

Started to merge into the game all those un-used dungeons, there are about 5-6 new dungeons in greece plus the extra floors i add here and there. Greece isnt same as before.

Oh right, while i was doing my cave tests, i was looking at 1st arachnos /satyrs/boars i added into the game, lets say in early March, yhea i need to redone some parts. :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: 10 May 2019, 00:55:17 »
Well with the new expac out , the progress will be litle slower, 1st i need to adpat the new dlc areas stuff into main map, testing if all monster are there and so on.

Wish me luck, tomorrow i will get the dlc and try it out.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2019, 01:03:38 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #107 on: 10 May 2019, 16:11:38 »
Well with the new expac out , the progress will be litle slower, 1st i need to adpat the new dlc areas stuff into main map, testing if all monster are there and so on.

Wish me luck, tomorrow i will get the dlc and try it out.
Why not to finish it completely for Ragnarok first (if you created it for Ragnarok) and then to make it compatible with Atlantis? Just my point of view.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: 13 May 2019, 02:04:21 »
Ok..im almsot having a depression..

Opened the Art manger today, worked on few changes, so far no issues.

Then i open the mod ingame, There are issues in every conner.

1) My character cant move walk anywhere of the map. I deleted my test driver and created new one same problem.
2) My custom meshes dont work anymore. Even with the backup i made, nothing seens to work
3) All my made dungeons dissappear /music / changes are gonne

I may hit the wall, i dont know how to fix any of those problems i hadnt before, oh yes i updated the editor with xpac3 map. Im super hopless all my hard work is broken-

If anyone can help me i will be super gratefull

I was super excited to see this new update into the game..but now im mixed :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #109 on: 13 May 2019, 03:00:00 »
Yeah, so after reading your post I fired up my Steam version of TQ and loaded my mod. Mouse doesn't work to make the character move. I could lay down a teleport and use it....but I can't move my character at all.

Also, the item skill that spawned custom mesh archers for warfare didn't cast at all.

Started a fresh test character to see if it was maybe save data...same thing.

Looks like I may have to start all over as well. Oh well.  :-\

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: 13 May 2019, 08:57:02 »
Yeah, so after reading your post I fired up my Steam version of TQ and loaded my mod. Mouse doesn't work to make the character move. I could lay down a teleport and use it....but I can't move my character at all.

Also, the item skill that spawned custom mesh archers for warfare didn't cast at all.

Started a fresh test character to see if it was maybe save data...same thing.

Looks like I may have to start all over as well. Oh well.  :-\

I found way to make your character walk again, i went to editor and rebuild the pathing until laconia , after helos, and my character could walked , just until laconia.

Looks like we need to start from 0, i guess we could import back some files, but still... im feelling horrible, all my work, i did on maps, i was almost done, now i need to back all over, i dont know how to feel right now.

edited: is not over yet

« Last Edit: 13 May 2019, 14:50:25 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #111 on: 13 May 2019, 14:12:17 »
Doesn't look like all hope is lost. I put my work on hold since devs are apparently working on fixing a few things for us.

In the case that it screws all of our work though... it might be the death of TQ for me.

But let's not be grim just yet, shall we?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: 13 May 2019, 14:49:31 »
Doesn't look like all hope is lost. I put my work on hold since devs are apparently working on fixing a few things for us.

In the case that it screws all of our work though... it might be the death of TQ for me.

But let's not be grim just yet, shall we?

I'm more confident now, now seeing this isnt a issue on my end. I will be on hold around map and i will continue working on more textures and so on

Well, you see...This is a grim mod after all ah ah :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: 15 May 2019, 01:35:33 »
"After the storm..the sun always rise"

I could fix the Non walk problem , by rebuild all pathing in the editor, but im still facing by 2x main issues.

1) The game dont read my mesh.arc, resulting any monster having a custom mesh dont appear ingame or are invisible
2) My custom caves dont appear in the editor/game

The side areas in game world are showing up.

I think the game is ignoring custom arc files as underground or mesh and so on. If some1 know to fix this i will be forever gratefull, Maybe the problem its from Artmanger/modding tool anyway patience isn't my virtue.

Aside those problems, what i did

Gave satyrs a unique personality, did you know the satyrs have 3x different meshes ingame ? well the only difference between then is the size of the horns. Right now the Satyrs ~Scout are using all three meshes, yep a v 1 monster. So what i did was the highter lv is the satyr..bigger are the horns.

For exemple lv 2 satyrs have small horns , lv 4 satyrs medium horns , lv 6 satyrs normal horns

This rule dont apply with the champions Satyrs.

Added Wendigos from diablo 2 , around greece :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #114 on: 15 May 2019, 01:46:54 »
Hey sauruz, you know how Nightmare and Liche King attacks aren't affected by pet gear (mostly, +% still works)?

Remember Nightterrors from LoC 1.1? I was fooling around in the ArtManager on a test mod and remembered that Nightmare can go melee if you set it up right.
Just go into his "nightmare_psionicblast.dbr" in the xpack/skills/dream/pet directory and change the template form "skill_attackspellchaos.tpl" to "attack_weapon.tpl". Then give him your favorite melee controllers, I just used the wol controllers and bingo! Melee Nightmare. Now all his attacks use the damage from pet gear.

You could make the liche king's attack skill an attack projectile and just use the projectile from Arcane Blast or something and give him the Mummy Priest staff animations for his unarmed attack animations and there ya go, attack now uses pet gear.

Just fyi while I was fooling around.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: 15 May 2019, 14:32:56 »
Hey sauruz, you know how Nightmare and Liche King attacks aren't affected by pet gear (mostly, +% still works)?

Remember Nightterrors from LoC 1.1? I was fooling around in the ArtManager on a test mod and remembered that Nightmare can go melee if you set it up right.
Just go into his "nightmare_psionicblast.dbr" in the xpack/skills/dream/pet directory and change the template form "skill_attackspellchaos.tpl" to "attack_weapon.tpl". Then give him your favorite melee controllers, I just used the wol controllers and bingo! Melee Nightmare. Now all his attacks use the damage from pet gear.

You could make the liche king's attack skill an attack projectile and just use the projectile from Arcane Blast or something and give him the Mummy Priest staff animations for his unarmed attack animations and there ya go, attack now uses pet gear.

Just fyi while I was fooling around.

Woahh! I do remenber the litle fellas from 1.1, interesting !

Thanks for the tips ! I will try this on next few days ! Its the thing my zombie casters needs, since their uses Mummys animation :D

Also with that info opens a possibility for a monster based on nightmare summon, like a evil eye / telkine eye / bringer of corruptions! :D
« Last Edit: 15 May 2019, 14:34:37 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: 16 May 2019, 23:40:28 »
Good news everybody!

I followed some post by:

from a comment on Steam about mods:

"In the comments of the Paths mod it was mentioned that they couldn't used the compressed .arc files anymore, they apparently aren't loading anymore. So they had to put the whole uncompressed folder in for the mod. Is that something you have tried?"

in the particular mod discussion this came from (Masteries mod), the author did this suggestion and it works.

And its FIXED ALL my monsters meshes issues! woohhooo!

I think this method will work with any .arc file such as underground lvs etc.

Tomorrow will be back working on this project :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: 17 May 2019, 02:19:42 »
sauruz, i know you said you don't intend to change mastery skills but would you consider changing some of those uninspired lvl 40 skills?

edit: and @Prosoro too
« Last Edit: 17 May 2019, 02:27:33 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: 17 May 2019, 07:46:28 »
Wrong post
« Last Edit: 17 May 2019, 07:48:44 by Il_Dottore »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: 17 May 2019, 17:46:51 »
sauruz, i know you said you don't intend to change mastery skills but would you consider changing some of those uninspired lvl 40 skills?

edit: and @Prosoro too

Maybe, im planing to change some elements and concepts on some skills.  For exemple you can use any weapon with onslaught skill from warfare, so nothing can stop you trying using a fist build :D

What i did so far, re design all basic satyrs pools, added a few ones here and there. Also cleaned some low lv skellies pools, for some reason 1x single skelleton enjoyed showing up 3x times than the others, not fair man :p

Im getting litle trouble with helos boars, for a reason the 1st monster on the list is the only one that shows up, even with same % of spawn, need to think what i should do about this.

Still need find a way to put my custom caves into the game, since i want add more, and customize more the outside world.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal