Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230389 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Version 2 Development
« Reply #105 on: 15 January 2018, 23:24:36 »
They are spiders, I like the simplicity as opposed to the epicness of Arachnos. Though the thought of black ninja Arachnos as a monster is pretty cool...in the Orient, of course.

Thinking about Champ heart recipes right now and I want to redo the whole ordnance scheme.

I'm feeling like I want to get away from a bunch of armor pieces altogether and rely instead on buffed MIs and uniques.

I was thinking about recipes for just amulets...dang, wish I had an "ordnance" equipment slot lol :)

Amulets and artifact?

How about two hearts make a fragment of a new uber heart? When the new uber heart relic is completed it makes a relic that adds +1 to masteries and some other bonuses, then slap it on whatever?

You could make an uber heart for helm, torso, greaves and armbands....that would be like +4 to all skills. Hmm. Too much.  Even with the lower drop rate.

How about +1 to one or the other mastery (random) and +2 to a random skill from the other mastery? That might balance better.

Nah, it's too much infrastructure to do. Relics, charms and artifacts don't get a prefix AND a suffix, just a "bonus", one file. That would mean the bonus files would contain a file with +1 to one mastery and +2 to every skill so 24 files, and the same for the other mastery. Then for epic and legendary that's a total of 144 bonuses for all three difficulties for every class of two different masteries. I won't do the math there. Geeze.

Okay, there could be recipes for either mastery, so for Conqueror you could choose a recipe for +1 to Defense that would later get a +2 skill to Warfare when completed or the other way around. That means the uber heart would have +1 to a mastery with the first fragment you make, which is nice. Then I could just have the bonus table an existing table for +2 to skills that is already implemented in the mod. Sweet.

Nah, why would you need to complete it then? It already has +1 to a mastery, who cares about +2 to a skill?

Unless I make the uber relic have only one piece, so it's already complete like in Act 5 relic reward Nerthus' Mistletoe. Yeah, could do that.

So the recipe would require, for Conqueror for +1 Defense and +2 to Warfare skill: 2 Complete Defense Hearts and one complete Warfare Heart. It can have an item skill baked in from the start that way and just add a +2 to Warfare skill as a bonus. Yep. This sounds pretty good.

Or I could skip the classes altogether and just make uber hearts for one mastery. But all those fun item skills though...

Anyway, I'm going to add custom vendors for recipes in this version so it will be easy to shop for them.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #106 on: 15 January 2018, 23:35:53 »
Yhea, it will be kinda waste throwing they away.

It could be only crafted maybe in epic+ since they are preatty cool and strong.

I liked the ideia on champion hearts, some token that drops from monsters, and its a key to craft special weapons and armors
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: 16 January 2018, 00:19:00 »
Poison Gas Bomb has a tier 7 modifier that grants huge buffs to damage and reduces cooldown time. It's completely possible to specialize in Poison Gas Bomb later in the game and just range all the mobs if you want to sink the points in.

Can you do something like this with gas bombs now?

I'll miss the goons, especially the daemon ones, but black widows sounds cool too, and if its possible to spam bombs... man you don't know how long i dream to make a build like in the video above :D

What other skills do you plan for black widows? I would suggest some spider entrap skill?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: 16 January 2018, 03:08:04 »
Yeah, the Rogue skill tree is full, I had to ditch rapid contruction to add the throwing knife mastery skill lol.

I gave the black widows the AlbinoSpider Queen web at max level as an uber skill. They get sneak attack at level 1, but they could use some other innate skills, but I haven't got that far yet. Any ideas are welcome. :)

Yeah, at max level, the tier 7 Poison Gas Bomb modifier reduces the cooldown to 0.4 seconds, so a little recharge gear and you can spam them like that. It should be obscene, but you'll need +10 to the skill to do that.

At max level 12 with no +skill items, it reduces the cooldown by half to a little more than 5 seconds.

EDIT: Also, I was thinking about making the Hired Goons, well, hired Goons as a scroll.

EDIT: I guess the crafting part of Champ Hearts is pretty fun. Ah, well. It's just a huge amount of work. I can import some, but I want to change some thngs. Like every class makes the same pieces, helm, torso and armband and that's it. No weapons or jewelry.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2018, 03:13:28 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: 16 January 2018, 22:29:46 »
Another ideia i was thinking , Monster Artifact, when you complete it give you a summon monster, it goes for Artifact slot , like in soulvizer.

Foe exemple : Hired goons formulae, you need to get 3x elements , craft and you get then for summons.

Rare drop, for spice the things up :P
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: 17 January 2018, 05:01:46 »
Spider Skill ideas:
Poison bite
Poison Spray (AoE projectile? Like ternion but poison?)
Paralyzing bite (Slow+Stun)
Baby Spiderlings! (Spawn a brood of spiderlings that swarm enemies. And explode!)
Terrifying Visage (Aura with a debuff? Do skeletons already do this?)
Bonus dmg vs insectoids. (its what they eat!) passive/aura/party buff what ever

Just as a general note 'sexual cannibalism' would make a good band name.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: 17 January 2018, 18:45:26 »
Good suggestions. I used the Terrifying Visage but made it an attack radius with 3.5 meter range. They get a party buff aura with a 12m radius that does extra damage and defense to insects and actually buffs party poison resist.

Here's a demo vid for the widows in action. Medea will be upset, but these are timed summons like traps.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #112 on: 17 January 2018, 19:44:41 »
Looking good BG.  Shame about the timed though.  ;)  How many can you get out at a time with the skill maxed?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: 17 January 2018, 20:38:39 »
Good suggestions. I used the Terrifying Visage but made it an attack radius with 3.5 meter range. They get a party buff aura with a 12m radius that does extra damage and defense to insects and actually buffs party poison resist.

Here's a demo vid for the widows in action. Medea will be upset, but these are timed summons like traps.

THAT CAVE !

ITS SO BEAUTIFULL! loved the fact when you destroy the spider eggs droped alot of spiderlings !!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: 17 January 2018, 20:39:55 »
Yeah, it's fun. Sometimes they spawn behing things so it's a work in progress making sure that happens as little as possible.

As far a widow summons there is a 3 summon limit, 4 at level 21, 6 at level 26.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #115 on: 17 January 2018, 21:00:53 »
6 - cool!  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: 17 January 2018, 23:00:16 »
sorry for off topic : What you think , putting snakes in Egypt?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: 17 January 2018, 23:11:21 »
I will try. I was having some crashing issues in the Place of Truth tomb after adding some special textured black snakes, among other additions. I removed them as part of the bug hunt, but I really don't know what was causing the crashes.

I can try adding them again and seeing what happens.

Oh, I almost forgot.

Created a new glow texture with purple legs tips and back for the black widow uber level meshes.

Copied the Runemaster mines skill, but I used the blackwidow mesh for the projectile and gave the skill to the widows at level 21. It's a hoot.

Gave uber traps a clone of poison gas bomb but with the little fragment mesh for the projectile. Also gave them a retaliation buff and the uber skin from v1.1.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 23:14:37 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: 18 January 2018, 21:56:09 »
I also suggest, changed the satyr shaman name in Helos, instead of "Dark Saty~Shaman" it could  have a more epic name, oh and a small chance to drop a special staff : "Rod of Helos"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: 19 January 2018, 03:56:30 »
That's a great idea :)

Having fun with projectiles. They use a mesh, so why not have some fun?

The Goblin king throws squirming goblins at you. The Bonelord and Davy Jones throw a bunch of skeletons at you. lol

Made a new underground temple behind the Dragon Liche, gonna use the Manticore skeleton to create a new boss in there and fill it with undead.

Also found a mesh for Orient sarcophagi so put those in Babylon and Jade Palace.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2018, 03:58:36 by Bumbleguppy »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal