Author Topic: Controller Support Question  (Read 3872 times)

Offline JohnWedley

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Controller Support Question
« on: 10 May 2021, 14:31:54 »
Hi,

I currently play on my Samsung Tablet S7 and I'm considering buying either an Xbox One controller or Steelseries Stratus Duo controller so I can play more easily than holding my tablet.  I've tried a Google search for info and apart from a picture from handy games showing a slightly different ui I can't find any reviews or info on actually using a controller apart from it now being supported.

Has anyone used a controller yet?  How do the controls work, especially for movement, spell casting and targeting?  Is interacting with npcs and items affected?

If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2021, 11:56:25 by JohnWedley »

Offline JohnWedley

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Controller Support Question
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2021, 12:01:10 »
I just found this video on Youtube that will give us all a good idea of how controllers will work with the game.

Offline JohnWedley

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2021, 07:11:26 »
OK... So I bought an xbox series x/s controller and I can tell you it is great.

Gameplay is much easier and spellcasting, even switching to secondary spells, is a much easier system.

It is easier to toggle turning items on the ground on/off with a controller too!

About the only thing that is slightly more clunky is inventory management... But even that is simple when you realise you can switch between controller and touchscreen just by touching the screen.  So when I'm selling to a merchant I touch the screen and when I'm finished I just touch the controller stick to move and it switches me back to controller.

This all means my tablet can also be plugged in whilst playing without the cable being in the way or it causing touchscreen issues.

If I find anything else noteworthy then I'll edit this post to add it.

Offline JohnWedley

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2021, 11:17:08 »
Controller support just got even better ....  there is an alternative control set from within options and also if you can access it a configurable text file for which buttons on the controller do what,

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal