Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Modifications

How to make epic/legendary items enchantable?

(1/6) > >>

Carl_Johnson:
How to make epic or legendary items enchantable just like in Soulvizier Mod?

lixiss:
Most easier way is mark them as "rare" item (green item). To keep item name colors, you may rename them by prepending color appropriate tag.

bernd:
how would one do that?

lixiss:

--- Quote from: bernd on 05 August 2020, 20:43:26 ---how would one do that?

--- End quote ---

There is two ways nowadays:

1. Download Titan Quest Lost Legacy mod, it solve this task by patching game.dll file. I'm doesn't play too much in this mod, but you generally even doesn't need their mod to play, just only need get patched executable files, and then run them over standard game or whatever mod you like.

2. Absolutely legal way in sense what you not need patch executables: like i'm described above. But without right (development) skills it will be really a painful job. (Unpack database.arz, replace in about 1500 files for TQAE, or more than 5000 files for SV-AERA, then pack this changes back into form of mod or in original database.arz...)

As for (2) i'm already done some good progress in reading and some naive writing of ARZ files, so applying patch like i'm described above (marking epic & legendary items as rare) is tooks few seconds... Actually i'm use this change as some sample. But there is still a lot of work before i'm be able to show tool. And generally it aims only to mod developers with some development skills (or who what to learn a bit).

It will look similar to next code (API is not final and varied):

--- Code: ---            foreach (var record in database.GetAll())
            {
                if (record.TryGet("itemClassification", out var field))
                {
                    var value = field.Get<string>();

if (value == "Epic" || value == "Legendary")
                    {
                        record["itemClassification"] = "Rare";
                        record["--gx-itemClassification"] = value; // keep original value for later use
                    }
                }
            }

--- End code ---

:P

PS: I'm keep aside fact, what applying this kind patch on regular game and then bit of tqvaultae magic - it is another grand easy mode, and generally considered as cheating.

PPS: However i'm might reconsider and start publish less polished version, actually only small part of tool is near to finish (e.g. ARZ file support only). Road map bit bigger. :( However, for me there is case when writing tooling for modding more interesting than attempt to make mod. ;)

PPPS: I'm had similar functionality applied over .dbr files before. It was sucky, it was slow and it was lost on died HDD anyway, so today i have already better thing.

bernd:

--- Quote from: lixiss on 08 August 2020, 06:26:58 ---
--- Quote from: bernd on 05 August 2020, 20:43:26 ---how would one do that?

--- End quote ---

There is two ways nowadays:

1. Download Titan Quest Lost Legacy mod, it solve this task by patching game.dll file. I'm doesn't play too much in this mod, but you generally even doesn't need their mod to play, just only need get patched executable files, and then run them over standard game or whatever mod you like.

2. Absolutely legal way in sense what you not need patch executables: like i'm described above. But without right (development) skills it will be really a painful job. (Unpack database.arz, replace in about 1500 files for TQAE, or more than 5000 files for SV-AERA, then pack this changes back into form of mod or in original database.arz...)

As for (2) i'm already done some good progress in reading and some naive writing of ARZ files, so applying patch like i'm described above (marking epic & legendary items as rare) is tooks few seconds... Actually i'm use this change as some sample. But there is still a lot of work before i'm be able to show tool. And generally it aims only to mod developers with some development skills (or who what to learn a bit).

It will look similar to next code (API is not final and varied):

--- Code: ---            foreach (var record in database.GetAll())
            {
                if (record.TryGet("itemClassification", out var field))
                {
                    var value = field.Get<string>();

if (value == "Epic" || value == "Legendary")
                    {
                    }
                }
            }

--- End code ---

:P

PS: I'm keep aside fact, what applying this kind patch on regular game and then bit of tqvaultae magic - it is another grand easy mode, and generally considered as cheating.

PPS: However i'm might reconsider and start publish less polished version, actually only small part of tool is near to finish (e.g. ARZ file support only). Road map bit bigger. :( However, for me there is case when writing tooling for modding more interesting than attempt to make mod. ;)

PPPS: I'm had similar functionality applied over .dbr files before. It was sucky, it was slow and it was lost on died HDD anyway, so today i have already better thing.

--- End quote ---

I am mostly asking cause i wann alearn how to edit a mods properties.

like I have downloaded an expx4 mod.

I went into the folder, edited the gameengine.dbr file in both the game folder and the xpack/game folder (putting a constant at the end of the experienceequation) and saved them both.

sadly that didnt do shit in the game and I seriously dont understand why.

there doesnt seem to be any other pklace where I could change exp stuff in that mod folder.

someone said something about a rewards and penalties section but I just dont find it anywhere in that gameengine.dbr.

sadly cant really use art manager in any way given that I messed up the 3 folders it is using, changed them to elsewhere and dont know anymore what the default settings were, so cant get any mods anymore.
but didnt even find dbr files anyways.

so yeah, changing the gameengine files in the mod's folder didnt do anything.

maybe i would need a new databse.arz file as well?

but sadly I cant use art manager anymore (which claimwise can create .arz files) so I cant repack the now edited stuff anymore :-(

I am at a loss what to do.

Why is editing an existing mod so difficult? :-(

Edit:

--- Quote ---

--- End quote ---

Wouldnt it make sense to switch these 2 lines around?
like saving the old value elsewhere before you actually change it?

otherwise the gx-itemClassification will only save them all as "Rare" cause the old values had been already overwritten beforehand.

would jsut be my guess as a programming noob :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version