Poll

Which Liche King synergy skill is the best?

Death Nova
0 (0%)
Wraith Shell
1 (50%)
Arcane Blast
1 (50%)
None, other, combination; please specify,..
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Liche King synergies?  (Read 8473 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Liche King synergies?
« on: 07 April 2018, 12:36:34 »
Currently, my melee Diviner is at level 61, with quite a few skillpoints left unspent.

In time, I will pick and/or max-out Dark Convenant, Unearthly Power, Mastermind, and Distortion Field. However, for now, I simply don't feel like I need them yet. Hence I was thinking of pumping up the Liche King for now, but even with Ragnarok, I don't think I'll be able to max-out each of his masteries on an acceptable character level.

This has left me wondering wich of his synergies are best to invest in Death Nova, Wraith Shell, or Arcane Blast?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Liche King synergies?
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2018, 13:20:58 »
it's nice that you included arcane blast in the list.. in IT, it was considered a poor skill investment.. but since AE, the liche now spams it.. on my bonecharmer, i chose it over death nova.. but that was because i have flush out.. ToW also has reduced resist but it's % while flush out is absolute.. it's true that death nova deals better damage but the liche doesn't spam it.. i felt arcane blast was a better investment for my bonecharmer.. diviner is different and i have no experience for a diviner so i would abstain from voting.. however i would suggest that you spread out your skill distribution even more.. i would even take off some points from liche king and put 1pt each on its upgrades or until the 3rd upgrade (not sure).. i also like 1pt on that mind control skill

however, I'm thinking something different.. a melee diviner has the potential to deal loads of vit damage.. so if it was me, i would make it a hybrid.. having enough int would make it easier to get good CDR.. high enough CDR could mean permanent dark covenant/unearthly power, more frequent casting of dream CC, phantom strike, and outsider.. ToC to alleviate some of the HP regen penalty from dark covenant
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2018, 14:01:03 »
To my mind, the answer mainly depends on the 2nd mastery used with spirit. As @botebote77 said already, arcane blast is sure a good choice because of flush out for a bonecharmer. The same for a soothsayer with the plague tree.

On the other hand, in the case of a diviner, either a melee str based with phantom strike or a melee int based with ternion, i would say Wraith shell hands down. I am currently playing a ternion diviner and the Liche king is used mainly for its debuff ability: soul blight. Therefore skill points are spent first in the base tree and second in wraith shell for survivability. Besides the debuff skill, the liche king is also useful for its tanky ability in some cases. And as a melee diviner you don't really care of the liche dps: with phantom strike or ternion your dps will be far above the Liche.

« Last Edit: 08 April 2018, 15:33:45 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2018, 15:53:39 »
What is your melee diviner main stat, str or int? Is it physical or vitality damage based? In case it is int/vitality you are really missing on distort reality, and temporal rift too. Combined with necrosis it is a killer skill even if on relatively long cooldown with no -recharge items.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2018, 20:57:11 »
What is your melee diviner main stat, str or int? Is it physical or vitality damage based? In case it is int/vitality you are really missing on distort reality, and temporal rift too. Combined with necrosis it is a killer skill even if on relatively long cooldown with no -recharge items.

It's strength based, hence I'm only putting one point in each of those two skills, for the stun and the petrify.

I'm at Str.3:Dex.2 consistently.

And as a melee diviner you don't really care of the liche dps: with phantom strike or ternion your dps will be far above the Liche.

It is, and I got quite lucky with some self-found drops. I was allready doing 1300+ average DPS in Act III Epic.

it's nice that you included arcane blast in the list.. in IT, it was considered a poor skill investment.. but since AE, the liche now spams it.. on my bonecharmer, i chose it over death nova.. but that was because i have flush out.. ToW also has reduced resist but it's % while flush out is absolute.. it's true that death nova deals better damage but the liche doesn't spam it.. i felt arcane blast was a better investment for my bonecharmer.. diviner is different and i have no experience for a diviner so i would abstain from voting.. however i would suggest that you spread out your skill distribution even more.. i would even take off some points from liche king and put 1pt each on its upgrades or until the 3rd upgrade (not sure).. i also like 1pt on that mind control skill

however, I'm thinking something different.. a melee diviner has the potential to deal loads of vit damage.. so if it was me, i would make it a hybrid.. having enough int would make it easier to get good CDR.. high enough CDR could mean permanent dark covenant/unearthly power, more frequent casting of dream CC, phantom strike, and outsider.. ToC to alleviate some of the HP regen penalty from dark covenant

Yâh,.. I know by now,you're hard pushing the hybrid agenda @botebote77 , but I'll accept that challenge when I build my Esdese character ;) I got all my current toons where I want them; my Diviner is in Legendary, so I'll get Raganarok the next time it goes on offer.

On topic, what you're saying is going directly against what @Tauceti said about the Liche's role with a strength based melee Diviner. Do you agree that investing in the Liche's core summoning skills works better for a strength based build?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2018, 00:45:27 »
pushing hard hahaha no no no.. it's just for a melee diviner, it can deal lots of vit damage so i favor a hybrid for a melee diviner.. look it has built in total damage, necrosis, and total speed.. things critical for a hybrid.. on the other hand, I'm still not a vet in terms of building hybrids.. so if i learn something new from other players, i will take note and i will be glad.. so maybe i am pushing for a hybrid nyahahaha

I'm not disagreeing with Tauceti man.. but since liche king's health now scales with difficulty, maybe it's not worth maxing wraith shell once you get to epic/legendary.. on my bonecharmer, wraith shell is only at lvl 1 with +4.. he doesn't die because i don't use him as tank.. I'm the tank and i have monster lure and enslave spirit.. so put only a few points enough so he doesn't die.. when you max mastermind, it will be a little tankier

I'm in favor of spreading your skill points.. even lvl 1 on the skills that can help you is an advantage already.. if you put at least 1 pt on the liche king synergies, and you get a skill shrine, he gets those synergies at lvl5 until he dies

edit: the esdese ice shard build.. you don't need to make it a hybrid.. just a fake hybrid so no need for high str.. maybe zero additional points would be enough
« Last Edit: 09 April 2018, 00:49:21 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2018, 11:04:49 »
@botebote77 I sent you a PM regarding the hybrid thing, to avoid derailing this thread.

By the way, I keep thinking how sad it is, that the Liche does not have a synergy skill that makes him throw these things:

Spoiler for Hiden:

The somewhat spiky shell/skin could do piercing damage when thrown against enemies, and the core should be able to heal friendly players and pets.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2018, 22:37:23 »
somehow i like that fruit attack thing.. fruit explosion
i are TQ titans
i are many people